1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are New Balance Changes just the Start?

Discussion in 'PvP' started by WinterRED, Jul 2, 2020.

Tags:
  1. WinterRED

As per the title, does anyone know if our Korean overlords are releasing this latest "balance update" as an opening volley to get all the classes prep'd for some actual balance or is this it?

I can't comment on other classes that I don't play, but I think it's absolutely crazy that they applied the same changes to Awakened AND succession wizard and witch. It's painfully clear that succession wizard is in a tier of its own, followed by awakened witch+wizard, and then lastly the pitiful succession witch that no one even plays in PvP (seriously, I haven't seen a single one over 2 months of NW).

Leontothymos, Akantorian and Stealthe like this.
  2. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

awa wizard still needs buffs in both pve and pvp, while succ simply needs nerfs. it was a monster before but now its just comedy central level.

also, certain classes got their damage boosted vs wizards and i get it if idea was to down succ wizards faster but for awaken wiz that actually has to stand in one spot and soak a crapton of damage to actually has a chance to cast some of his slow spells and deal his own damage its over the top. its like Pearl abyss took our gear and made us wear grunil.

#2 WhySoSeeryus, Jul 2, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
  3. Spartakatz

they are still changing stuff by up to 40-50% every few months instead of small adjustments, you don't balance anything with such a method.

Hearts likes this.
  4. Blitzball

Ratios should be different for each Succ / Awa on the same class , tbh.

As @WhySoSeeryus said , Awakening Wizard needs to tank dmg alot more than Succ , simply because the nature of his kit being more stationary and less ranged damage ( only Aqua Bomb.. ) while also having less mobility.

But i guess this is too much work for PA D:<

5. Spartakatz

ratios are nonsense and should have been completely removed.

you can easily achieve the same with modifying the skills in many ways, e.g. more passive defense, better shield, or something.

when a class should do more damage, just raise the skill damage %. it could be so easy. make it tanky or squishy, high damage or lower damage, doesn't make any sense to create that additional arbitrary layer, even if classes behave different.

6. Quinra

And then you have the Ranged/Magic/Melee AP and DP on top of all this - no wonder PVP balance is a mess.

7. alastersan

Hope so, lahn is like the worst class right now, post soft cap, is like i do no damage, compared to others. I have 3 "mains", lahn, ranger and mystic.

Leontothymos likes this.
  8. Stealthe

Yeah I dont get it at all...succ wiz is in a game of its own in terms of op and awak wiz is in a game of its own as far as garbage and yet they treated the 2 as equals...and they did the same for other classes too...makes no sense...the gap between awa and succ needed balanced more then the classes themselves.

9. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

10. Eran420

they did it agian ..bdo will never be balance :) they try hard everytime and ops they make it even more broken ..
    time to unistall bdo !!

god war buff lol ..zerker actualy got insane buff on pvp .. ninja /konu wth boys wake up .. guardian wow please delete that class .. and till when wiz /witch they dont touch them only buff..
    dk buff insted nerf ..meawa buff and musa nerf lol god kim i wish to meet this guy for 5 min .. thats it . then bdo will be balance !

11. Muhaha

Muhaha Valkyrie 62 NA

Hopefully they balance defenses soon, this unbalanced trash made the game even worse.

12. Rinjyu

These changes were made without these so called selected class representatives. I assume they collecting feedback from them right now.

alastersan likes this.
  13. TheLichKingZeyd

I would argue ratios help balance classes better

14. Ahri-

Can't wait for the wizard buffs tbh

15. Spartakatz

So you think, balancing 20 classes, each one seperately against 19 others, would be a better approach for them, than simply giving each class an identity (combination of tanky/damage/movement/range/utility), and balance that combination?

They will never be able to do that, we've seen it since several years now. Even simplest things they have huge problems with. And you want to make it hundred times more complex?

Whenever you look at FOTM OP classes, they have always the same in common. They are both very strong in attack and defense. While most other classes have much more considerable weaknesses.

Fearless V and sajdas like this.
  16. Stealthe

Well tried rbf most of yesterday and as a 269ap/360 dp awak wiz with droughts,villa and church buffs to try it and its unplayable.

Nearly everyone one taps me even if accidentally grazed dead in one hit.If anyone so much as runs by my I immediately lose half my health and am cc'd for 10 seconds.

Ranged classes kill me in just a few hits and I cant catch them to hit them and if I try they will just kite and kill me in a few shots,but even if I do get lucky and hit them it will only take half their health and do to long cast time they will be gone and shooting me dead before I can get another skill off.

Melee classes is a pointless fight because they just one tap me and I only do chip damage to them and they can also just grab me and I cant grab them because the have movement.

The only skill I have that does any damage is cataclysm and even it usually only does chip damage to others and aqua fail still does laughable damage and just get one tapped through it,I have no movement,long animations and only SA protection that does nothing...its unbelievable that they completely ignored awakening as if its "on par" with succ

If they meant for succ to be the next level up from awakening then why not just say it or just remove awakening altogether now.

I guess ill just life skill to I get bored and quit.

#16 Stealthe, Jul 4, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
    Leontothymos likes this.