1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are pve Channels coming?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by padds, Sep 15, 2017.

1. AlexHuaTIan

The pvp channel is like the least crowded channel in the entire game. And there isnt even that many of them to divide the pvp population. And pve servers have been common in MMOs as early as the days of World of Warcraft. The only people who support this pvp business are the people who are the loudest on the forums. Just give us a pve channel so people can vote with their feet.

2. LogicaI

You want to use world of warcraft as an example? Realize there is still duels? Battlegrounds that matter? Open pvp still with other faction? There is meaningful (not great,but meaningful) pvp there,that is why separate servers work,also those servers were started with no pvp or pvp,ours were all started WITH pvp,pvp players are just as common as pve players,as every pvp player has to be a pve'er to pvp lmao and look at all the guilds who do nothing but spam PVX recruitment all day that are over 80 members lolol.. Pvp is big in this game.. to say it isn't is silly.

But if you want to use wow as an example.. Look at the channels... Some of the most popular are both,And the most popular culturally with all the streamers /videos/content are all pvp servers,Tichondrius,illidan,sargeras,etc for over 5 years tichondrius was the most populated server in the game by a large margin until free transfers came in,and what is Tich? A pvp server.

There is no reason to segment a playerbase who knew what this was going in already. You are just asking to kill the population. Until a better solution is suggested ofcourse. I am open to ideas. However "a pve server" will just kill this game.

PS. because we only have one pvp server,is the reason why it is unpopulated.

i am high gs,i go there regularly,but unfortunately for others who want to open world pvp but are not as high gs as me,they avoid this channel,if you wanted to decrease the amount of people owpvping you it is simple,make GS limitations on multiple pvp channels,instead of a pve channel.

kills two birds for you with one stone.

I don't know why it's even up for debate either, As i don't think there should be a pve channel.

You think it is only to pk others weaker than us that we do it? Threaten supply of killable noobs?

Sacrifice your gaming experience? Red snowflakes?

Nice sweeping generalizations,

Guess this red snowflake is going to go back to "killing undergeared killable noobs"

What's your in game name again?

#162 LogicaI, Nov 24, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
  3. Ventesa

Ventesa Vexferel Tamer 61 NA

@LogicaI

From everything you have said you have yet to give a real reason to why a PVE channel would be so bad, beyond that you believe it will “kill the population.” Anyone who wanted to open world pvp are on Valencia_6.

Reasons they aren’t:

1. Killing weaklings. You left the impression that the truth is pvpers don’t want to kill weaklings. Well, If they didn’t they would be on Valencia_6.

2. You then assume they have lower GS, and your solution is that they should create more pvp channels, but instead add GS locks. If I took the time to think this through I could probably find tons of reasons that doesn’t work. One example, a lot of people gear for the purpose of being higher than others for pvp. (especially considering the AP cap on some mobs that makes overgearing meaningless) If every time they reach a new “GS milestone” they have to go to the higher end channel they’ll end up with the same issue you brought up now, not enough competition on Valencia_6 (or whichever new channel has the highest GS lock)
    3. They want to grind in peace. As does everyone else who doesn’t like to pvp, so anyone whining about this is just an entitled hypocrite.

@Sizer

I believe somewhere in this thread you had two ideas that were quite amusing.

1. “Get good at pvp”. Though this is an option, I guess, the problem remains that the conflict between those who support PVE channel and those who don’t is that those who want a PVE channel do not want to pvp. Even if I put in the effort to “get good at pvp” I would not enjoy it. It is a feature I want nothing to do with, same goes for many other players. (Let's just say everyone took your beloved advice and became pro pvpers. The entire game would be a mess of fighting and be accomplishing absolutely no goals at all. And though this would satisfy the players who always dreamed of a pvp master race (or w.e.) those such as myself would find the game that is already almost perfect… destroyed.)
    2. “PVE channels would be fine, if you deactivate all the monsters”
    As amusing as it is that you fail to understand what PVE is, I’m going to try and ignore that and focus on the fact that you fail to understand why players who don’t want pvp, want a pve channel. If it was only to continue their life skills then they could very much stay level 49 for eternity (as some choose to do.) We play an mmo, because content is always added, unlike console games that basically reach an endgame and you’re just done. Unless the players choose to go past 49, they will always find themselves trapped at this endgame. Those who want to continue the story and obtain more knowledge will not be able to do so, they have to level, and the recent content release only made that more clear by the fact you need level 58 to do any of the Kamasylve quests or to get most of their knowledge.

Conclusion directed at the topic as a whole: https://community.blackdesertonline...s-dont-give-xp-end-game-grind-forever.107568/

As I mentioned in another thread, to me BDO is not PVP or PVE, it is immersion. The developers themselves said at one point that they wanted BDO to be a moving and breathing world. (I forget where I read this but I think Alterist linked it as part of a thread in the past). Point being, it doesn’t matter how much you want to believe BDO is still meant to be a pvp game because all signs say otherwise. Especially the immersion.

Pvpers are always complaining about the following:

1. Karma, jail

2. Victims don’t lose exp or loot

Why is that? Because immersively killing someone is a crime, and you are rightfully punished for it.

I cannot say that making a PVE channel would “destroy” bdo, but I can guess that if they add 1 pve channel, it’ll be overcrowded and probably have a queue time to even get into it.

I’m also not trying to say that PVPers desires don’t matter, and I do believe that BDO does need to have pvp as an option. Having options is what makes BDO great, and by the fact they added Valencia_6 is proof they aren’t trying to entirely shut pvpers out.

However! Those who don’t like pvp, probably never will (whether they are good at it or not). You cannot force people to enjoy the same things you enjoy.

Those who want to be freely able to pvp in the open world, will probably always have issues that will hinder that experience (and it has nothing to do with karma now that Valencia_6 exists).

1. GS difference

2. Class Balance

3. Server Stability

4. Who knows what else, I don’t really care, because I don’t give a crap about pvp.

I support the idea behind a PVE channel! (Also I hope I didn’t come off sounding too… mean…)

#163 Ventesa, Nov 25, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
  4. szuje

There are literaly 2 spots in the game where you can get involved pvp more than once per xx hours.

Pve channel will render these spots to a land of care bears where 20 people will farm one spot(even for the sake of efficiency) because they have mental block on fighting other players in video game.

10/10 idea, git gud

Sizer likes this.
  5. Hunterspike

They beter not be brining PVE channels....they need to fix their ****ing DSYNC trash servers

6. Ventesa

There are lots of non-open world pvp games that don't have this problem. However, you aren't entirely wrong. But that doesn't mean the problem is, don't add a PVE channel. That simply means they should fix the other grind spots (something people have been saying for a long time.) We shouldn't negate the idea of a PVE channel purely because the developers have yet to make Valencia great.

7. Ventesa

Just because you have a bad connection with the game doesn't mean the rest of us can't debate ideas that could improve our experience.

8. Akaru

Give me a good unbiased reason why people who want no part in the PVP should not have their own PVE only channel. What exactly do you lose? In my and many others experience that I've gathered, people are PK'd largely for 2 reasons.
    Red players just like to mess with people, afk or not.
    And to defend their grind spots because they don't want to share any of the resources.
    What exactly is killing the game if we get our way for once?

Sure you'd like to think PVP is the be all endgame to bdo, but I say keep it to your sieges and node wars and the big competitive stuff. Don't force people into the competitive scene of the game just because it's the 'endgame'.

Ventesa likes this.
  9. szuje

We should, as long as it's not fixed PVE channel is completly irrelevant. Devs fail to do something about op spots for years, it won't change.

10. Ventesa

Have faith! :(

11. szuje

We should have 8/10 of channels full PVP like valencia 6. And 2/10 of channels should be pve(like the normal ones right now).

Everyone would be happy with these changes

12. Ventesa

So all the high GS pvpers can grind in peace...? The ones that actually want to pvp...? Wuh?

13. szuje

They worked hard for their gear, it's their holy right to kil people with 350 gs.

Sizer likes this.
  14. Reuter

Reuter Tamer 61 EU

No. Ok bye.

Blackbirdx61 likes this.
  15. Hunterspike

that is NOT correct.... THOUSANDS of others are having problems... just because some people arent having problems doesnt mean every else is fine and dandy.... thats why these protest were going on... thats why peopel are STILL complaining about it

16. Reuter

Reuter Tamer 61 EU

That's because you are from NA and you guys use wet wool strings to transmit data packets.

17. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Please show me where I can find those thousands of reports of people having problems.

18. Wyvinters

Wyvinters Sorceress NA

We just need a hacker like Bloo to create a PvE channel for us or hack a channel and make flagging + guild war decs impossible.
    Then when that happens, Kakao will give us one......huehuehuehue

mel0man likes this.
  19. ronniejw

It's simple. There is only one good reason to oppose having a PvE only channel. It would deprive PvP players that suck at PvP from having easy victims to kill. That is it. There is no other reason to not have a PvE channel.

And, I have no doubt that unless large numbers of PvE players voice their desire for a PvE channel then nothing will change. That's the only reason we now have a PvP channel without karma loss.

Personally I think that it was a great idea having a PvP channel without karma loss because it was very effective in shutting down all that stupidity going around about so called karma-bombing. Now those people have someplace to go and no longer have an excuse to come here and whine and cry.

If we were to get a PvE only channel I don't know if I would even use it though because I suspect that it would be very crowded. When Ultima Online decided to split the PvP and PvE servers, because so many PvE players left the game, the PvP server was a ghost town and almost everyone played on the PvE server.

20. Wyvinters

Wyvinters Sorceress NA

How about go visit the old black desert forums for a start and work your way from there.
    You can find it by visiting this link here.

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/