1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

are we getting manos farming and trading with the manos gear?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by MMoNoob, Sep 16, 2019.

1. MMoNoob

any1 know

XLucaX likes this.
  2. warriors

For sure and we get mastery + lifeskill rework
    [​IMG]

3. Vercinorix

Pretty unlikely since no mastery changes for either of those life skills has appeared on the test server to my knowledge.

MMoNoob likes this.
  4. Korvgubben

Farming will most likely remain nerfed for a small eternity.

5. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

How was farming nerfed ?

6. Ned Sheynji

Ned Sheynji Sheynji 62 EU

Coming 2022

7. Avaroxy

Cause it is affected by the gathering energy nerf. Pruning and replanting 100 crops drains around 60-80 energy for me atm at M11 farming, whereas before I could get away with half of it. So it's straight up garbage atm, if you are looking to level by pruning. You will be out of energy 24/7.

yukishiro1, VasilisD, Kral2 and 3 others like this.
  8. Ned Sheynji

Lol just because lvling farming is nerfed doesnt mean farming itself is nerfed.

Farming is nerfed because everything else got buffed while farming remained the same.
    Farming was not bad before though. Its basically a more lucrative, customizable node.

9. Korvgubben

It uses more energy regardless of how you use your farms. The pruning can be done through workers and you can use magical seeds to only need 20 plants but the 24 energy per day an alt regens (+ a few extra when its logged in for replanting) might not be enough anymore depending on how fast-growing crops you use.

So while the output is not changed the higher energy cost for the same output is technically a nerf :)

10. Dannyswe1235

Dannyswe1235 Kunoichi 62 EU

nobody knows when we get farming/trading mastery because kr or global lab dont even have it

Mana_Mafia and Smileybones like this.
  11. Ned Sheynji

I can see this as a point if we talk lvling farming.
    If instead we talk actual farming for money and you still run out of energy then you must be doing something wrong.
    When i was farming literally 5 days ago -when i decided to rip everything up cus im a lazy ass who cant even refresh his farms properly- i was getting more energy back from being offline on my farming alt than i was using to refresh my farms.

12. Korvgubben

Well we could always use math since they did state that the new max chance to not spend energy on an action is 30% rather than 60%. I'm gonna cut it safe and assume that master is enough to hit the 30% cap.

Harvesting 20 magical seeds: 14 energy.
    Pruning and harvesting 20 magical seeds: 28 energy
    Harvesting 100 special seeds: 70 energy
    Pruning and harvesting 100 special seeds: 140 energy

Now an active farmer on a day off from work would do at least 2 harvests per day and if farming exp is the goal a lot more pruning than once per crop so even if we double the above to 280 its still quite a bit below actual amount of energy spent for that day.

In the case of minimizing energy spent, i.e. using workers for the pruning and harvesting twice a day its 28 energy spent which should just barely be covered by the 24 per day offline + the time spent online harvesting.

13. Lord_Xenon

This sadly. They don't know how or what to change. Afaik there is only something planned for farming like a farming minigame. But else they don't seem to have any ideas regarding trading or farming.

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  14. Ned Sheynji

Except they do. Hover ingame over trading/farming mastery and read the tooltip. Sadly mentioned tooltips described function is not in the game but at least the text exists even if it has no meaning for now.

15. 2monthslatenonamesleft

Um....I hate to break it to you, but those in-game tooltips are exactly how Trading and Farming have functioned for years.

There is nothing done on the way of Manos Trading and Farming. Full stop.

Hell, there was a data dump this last patch because they were in a rush to get it one day early and they messed up. The data for Manos Trading was the same generic +bargain bonus thing that was hinted at in another small data mine a year and a half ago but never implemented. The Data for Farming literally consists of a blank page.

#15 2monthslatenonamesleft, Sep 17, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
  16. Ned Sheynji

Hate to break it to you but no they didnt. I cant remember trading mastery ever boosting my bargaining. Especially before the 4th of september.

Reading is a very useful skill IRL. Just like i said: There is a tooltip but no function. Also i answered to some dude who said PA has no idea what to do about the masteries. Except they have an idea.

17. 2monthslatenonamesleft

You are correct, Trading master has never boosted your bargaining because trading mastery has never existed.

The described functionality in those tooltips is exactly how trading has worked since launch. It's a placeholder until they actually figure out what they want to do. It is literally a word for word copy/paste of the regular lifeskill tooltip for trading.

You said to the other guy that PA has an idea for Trade mastery and referenced said tooltips as proof even though you claim said functionality doesn't exist in game. Infact, that functionality does exist because that is exactly how non-manos trading has always worked.

18. Ned Sheynji

So where is your problem now?

For hunting for example you could equip certain matchlock at a certain hunting lvl.
    Now you can equip matchlocks if your mastery or your regular lvl matches, creating some sort of redundance.

Where is the problem now when regular trading and mastery would collectively boost your money from bargaining? I dont see a problem. In fact that would actually save trading.

#18 Ned Sheynji, Sep 17, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
  19. Lord_Xenon

To the hunting: It save time to level hunting on an alt. So it has its use.
    To the trade: Yeah how creative to boost the same thing already... When the mastery don't give extra bargain bonus and just display the hidden(you would need to calculate the values before/after a bargain before), then there is nothing new. 'Trading' is just another word for transporting crates nowadays isn't it? There isn't something new or?

20. DukeEvil

DukeEvil Ranger 61 EU

Trading and farming mastery does nothing atm, but u always got 0,5% more profit per tradinglevel (i.e. master2 trading gives 5% more silver than artisan 2)

Smileybones likes this.