1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Are we just going to ignore the loading lag?

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Vekkna, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Vekkna

Since the patch two weeks ago (at least), there are massive loading times on login, character switch, server switch, and random spikes that rubberband your character back to the other side of a city.

Mail doesn't load. Bank doesn't load. NPCs won't talk to you at all. You can't mount the horse right in front of you. And god forbid that you try to fight mobs because you WILL eventually freeze, rubberband back to where the mobs killed you, then the game reloads and you die AGAIN.

Meanwhile, there is zero information posted about this by any employees here. No acknowledgment. No "we're working on it." Forget the fact that it easily takes 10-15 minutes to switch characters. Who cares that I tried to trash a fish in my bag and apparently lagged so hard that the fish slot was actually my goddam fishing rod? And the Night Vendor....well, good luck because that black stone bundle you just bought was actually a 175M Red Nose Armor. Is this not worth the time for an employee to type a forum post?

And while I'm here complaining, Request #665850 is sitting at 16 days and counting for an extremely simple issue. 16 DAYS?!

Diazine, Banzz, Stillwaters and 3 others like this.
  2. Reiz

seems like a personal issue bud, I'm having no problems whatsoever. Could be your internet provider, your computer's processor taking a huge ****, or corrupt files (Doubt it)

3. appallo

Redownload your game. I'm not having any issues loading anything.

And I say redownload because about 6 or 7 months ago i was having constant d/c issues after a random patch so I deleted the game and redownload it and everything was fixed.

Sibyyl likes this.
  4. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

Have no issues here. Have you tested your Internet for packet loss, and such, most of the times our ISP chnaging things around or having other issues? Did you hard reset your modem/router? what are your specs and have you tried updating drivers on your PC or re-installing the game? You need to be a bit more specific.

5. Munchaking

A guildy said "Someone just put a desert fox on the market place, it goes live in 15 mins on Velia1, switch servers and grab it quick!"

So I switch to my Mystic in Altinova and it takes 20 mins to load. But the time I got to the marketplace it was long gone.

A month ago It would only take a min to load a new area, now it takes 15 or more. And when Im running around on my horse, NPCs dont load untill I stop and wait a few mins. When I ran into Heidel on my camel last night, I was standing there for about 5-10 mins in the middle of town waiting for everything to load in.

Sibyyl likes this.
  6. NatashaArisha

NatashaArisha ShinobuAraragi Witch 61 NA

No issue for me. Hope you can get it solve soon!

7. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

Sounds like a problem I was having until I reset my modem, then no more problem.

8. Sharkfin

Exactly same problem I've been experiencing lately. Only happens during peak hours though. It clears up after a couple of hours...

Sibyyl likes this.
  9. Andaro

Ambassador

honestly it's because this issue isn't as widespread as you think it is, however o can confirm it's a routing issue.

I have had this happen one time the other night, and I fixed it successfully. Later on that evening a friend on the east coast had the exact same thing happen and he fixed it successfully following the same instructions I performed myself. Neither of us have had the issue since and its only occurred once.

? Routing issues, maybe, but I'm pretty sure its more along the lines of some of the pissed off people that were banned attempting to ddos parts of the network, and some that are on the same "joints" of that network are catching the "tail winds" of it.

As we all know that much of BDO is client sided it would.not surprise me at all if some of those hackers had the ability to sniff out your IP address or at least your subnet through the client....that is something I have witnessed before in another game,.....and I say that because I find it quite peculiar that what happened to me and said friend only happened after we sent someone to.jail, and it immediately stopped after I changed my IP and re-enabled my firewall which I usually leave in open mode while gaming since packet checksums can slow down gaming activities in 'some' cases.

I'm sure of course most will blame the company and the game, but I find too many alternative explanations viable and suspicious to rule any of them out completely, and simply choose the "waste basket answer" of "its the game"

I also have to point out that we go through this after every ban wave, hence furthering that suspicion.

10. Vekkna

Speed is 450 mb down, 875 mp up. Packet loss is insignificant. Latency is ~50ms to either coast, and I'm literally in the exact geographic center of the United States.

Computer is a year old high-end gaming rig, but it's definitely not a hardware issue when my husband is sitting right next to me and having identical problems on a different rig. It also seems very unlikely that it would be a problem with the game files when it's on two computers at the same time.

And yes, I reinstalled and did the DNS whatever and all that.

Stillwaters likes this.
  11. Meeraku

Meeraku DarkKnight 58 NA

Well it's a pretty isolated issue, since it sounds like most of us are not experiencing this, myself included. Hope you find a solution, but I'd start looking more internally at this point!

12. Life Aries

875mb up is srs bsns

13. KotoRena

KotoRena Valkyrie 60 NA

People are "ignoring the lag" because they're not experiencing the things that you have described. I am certainly not experiencing issues of that severity. You should probably check with people first to see if they are actually having these issues before making a post and just assuming others are sharing the same experiences. You really think if it was that bad for a large chunk of people like what you are describing that people would just ignore it? LOL have you seen the state of these forums when the servers have gone to crap in the past?

Since the issue isn't wide-spread its most likely an issue on your end. I'd keep searching until you get the issue resolved, and hopefully they'll get back to your ticket soon and be able to offer some assistance (I wouldn't hold your breath). You could try reinstalling too.

14. Vekkna

There are pages of similar reports in the support forum that are being ignored.

15. Alextrazsa

Alextrazsa Sorceress EU

No issues here. Take me like 5-7 secs. (If alt is in a city) to switch. Maybe your hdd/ssd is near nirvana? Tried to delete your bdo cache? Are you playing in fullwindow mode? Cause if you tab out it takes forever to load?

16. Spartakatz

Sounds like your net is trash.

About accidental purchase at NV due to lag, happened to me too once, support is nice enough they refunded the thing.

17. Korvgubben

I cant help you with your lag issue but I can tell you that pets/pearl items doesnt take 15min to appear on the marketplace once posted but from a few sec up to 3min. Marketplace postings are also global and not channel related so it doesnt matter if it was posted on "Velia 1" you can bid on it regardless on what channel you are on.

18. jangalangz

Same thing is happening to me but only during peak hours..

Yulanda likes this.
  19. Gingen

Gingen Guildmarm Sorceress 59 NA

No issues for me. Few seconds for me is all.

20. Khondo

Have you relocated your computer to a different network, relatives house, or use a mobile phone network?

I had issues with my game like that, used my phone ISP on the same computer and all good. Sent this information to my ISP, problem fixed in 1 day.