1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you already done with rebalancing?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Rayin, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Rayin

I'm asking because after PA took a wrecking ball to "fix" the PvP i didn't see any rework, only classes getting the cooldown of some skills - that now have become fillers - lowered or the damage of some skills has been simply increased.

For balance i do not mean nerf the heck out of every character that currently is in a good spot, what i mean is simply "balance", even if in a MMORPG achieving that is pretty hard, the concept of balance can still be applied in certain contexts or in a more general way just analyzing the tookit of each class.

Is PA first priority to work on balance or after that promise they're just looking forward the release of Drieghan/Male Ranger and we'll see an attempt at doing any fix in 6 months? is that how you plan to run that game for 20 years, basically saying something one day and then delaying it or diluting those changes in a range of time that goes from one month to 9?

I mean, if you were reworking the animation of some skills to make their visible hitbox bigger or you were changing their animation completely i could understand that it takes time, but so far i didn't see anything like that.
    What i've seen is you moving periodically an FG or SA here and there, a CC on first or last hit, adding a pull on top of a pull, nerfing the mobility of a character and then buffing it again, increasing or decreasing the damage of a skill in the entire toolkit of a class that probably has a too high burst compared to others with less or similar AP, but that in my mind is far from being balance.

Meanwhile the toolkit of some classes is far superior to others because they're more recent or had more mobility in pre-awakening, while others have been stripped of their protections or core features.
    Now everyone has a backpedal block, every block scales with DR and with the advent of Urugon, Renown Score, the DR bonus provided by AP and so on, on top of a good mobility some of those classes have also a block that can last for some hits exactly like the regular block of War/Valk/Sorc/Ninja/Kuno, even if it's a bit clunkier to activate than those, you just mixed a lot of features stolen from other games or genres to make a soup that taste of something, but you can't tell exactly of what it taste.

Any GM/CM can tell us what's PA plan and give us an ETA or since we "rent" accounts in order to use the service you provide (Aka playing BDO) you don't owe us any explanation of what's going on in PA HQ?

Edit: Another thing that is driving me crazy is that it took you 3 years to release Weapon Change coupons in CS, we only had them through Shakatu Seals, now that you done those "PvP fixes" that none asked for, suddendly they pop up and probably are coming back periodically, at the point that one day you'll probably lift the restriction of one purchase per family like you're lifting every restriction that you've put in place 'till now (Example: We'll never release Kamasilvia & Combat Experience book in Cash Shop ------> We're glad to announce that Kamasilvia Tree and Combat Experience book are here for your use!).

This is so fishy, why didn't you release them before along with Shakatu seals?

#1 Rayin, Jul 24, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
    Ruffe, Wet Cake, MoreCoffee and 27 others like this.
  2. Kybal

They are actually doing good to make the game playable on console, wich is i suppose their goal, pc gamer are just being ignored for now.
    they are disgusting in the management of this game.

Ruffe, Wet Cake, Nocturnus and 3 others like this.
  3. ambyentlight

they ballanceing 2 classes a month but they already failed at fixing mae that was last month whilst musa is very strong.

T800 likes this.
  4. MoZex

MoZex Wizard 61 EU

Im sure our CMs will jump right on that task and inform us soon about the issues at hand, because they understand that communicating about core topics brings the community together, even the slightest feedback about themselves not knowing because their questions to PA are being ignored.

Ruffe likes this.
  5. ambyentlight

How do we know Kakao is even passing our feedback and concerns on to Pearl Abyss in the first place? Saying and doing are two totally differnet things just like with ban waves and makeing streaming exsploiters partners. Kakao does not care to waste their time replying to the comunity because they know we are all still gonna pay and play reguardless.

6. Rayin

Yeah well, as i said i don't see this as rebalance.
    Is like if they would give temporary back the lingering to War and Valk, it would fix those two classes, but it'd make them also overpowered compared to any other class.
    More than they were in past.

That's the problem, we don't know what's going on, if they're done, if there's an ETA, if they're going to rework classes adding skills, effects or changing animations (most likely not) or if they plan to make the game even more static than it was downgrading the overall experience.
    And the main problem is also that based on what they're changing, they seems unable to understand what's going on as well.

I can fix a class like that too:

- Ninja step will now have collision and it'll be turned in SA.
    - Increased the stamina cost of 100 stamina for Ghost step.
    - Increased the cooldown of Block Jump to 30 seconds.
    - Decreased the base damage (2.3%) of the following classes (Ninja/Kunoichi).

^

There you go, you'll have meatbags even worse than some of the worst classes in the current meta.
    Nice balance, i'm sure that reading this PA will contact me to become the new CEO.

Ruffe, ODB3698, JM and 3 others like this.
  7. Kymbur

Kymbur Summerhaven Ranger 62 NA

Is there anywhere that we can see "the list" to know if/when a class is getting worked? I've been one really trying to let the whole balancing thing play out, but it sort of feels like everyone took a nerf hammer to the face, and then silence...

Ruffe, ODB3698, Taadjo and 1 other person like this.
  8. ambyentlight

Sadly havent seen a list but they probally will superbuff classes on purpose to make people reroll then once next 2 classes get reballanced nerf past 2 because that would milk alot of money off people.

9. MoZex

MoZex Wizard 61 EU

Looks like you answered my own irony.

Ruffe and Wet Cake like this.
  10. Wylph

Wylph Ninja 62 EU

Dworkin Barimen likes this.
  11. Rayin

That's good, don't get me wrong, but as they woke up one random day saying "Today we're gonna change BDO PvP and the conception of what's PvP" and they did it straight without that same very test server, now they should quickly do something.
    They could roll back every change made during the first week if introducing a test server was in their plans, but they've chose to not to.

Some classes obviously are shining out of these changes while others have been hit harder, which isn't my concern as i'm happy for those who are enjoying the game more compared than in past, although it's a kick in the crotch for those who wanted balance and were seeking for it even if they were playing classes considered OP and especially for the playerbase itself, as keeping that in mind - doesn't matter what class you're playing - they could simply change the class you're playing into something that you won't love anymore, enforcing those decisions silently and with the aid of Weapon Change Coupons.

Zerk for instance has lost its chaingrab that was useful for Mass PvP and a core feature. It was OP in 1 vs 1 situations, but instead of removing it completely, why they didn't keep it as a "NW" feature available only in channel 1 during NW & Sieges?
    They did a lot of things wrong, ignoring feedbacks or listening to them but applying the most economic measure to fix them, providing often a band aid to suture a huge bleeding wound or simply pissing on it hoping that the ammonia would disinfect it and ignoring that the urine can contain bacterias and other products even if the bladder per se its sterile.

12. [​IMG]

13. Feyti

Am I the only person in here who gets trigger at reading : "we will balance one class at a time." ?

HOW IS THIS BALANCING?

You either know how to balance the whole thing and implement it at once.
    Or you are just creating imbalances the whole damn time it takes you to release all the changes. And how can you balance the rest of some changes based on the ones you just did, and same again a week after?
    It makes no damn sense at all.

Either you know, or you don't. Test your patches on the ptr server ffs

Oh also, if you could just revert those stupid changes and simply provide every class in the game with a simple skill that would have for effect to break from a CC and give a small CC immunity (like most pvp games, cause you know... if you wanna "balance" you kinda need to be able to exit from a CC chain before you die) that would be great.

14. Wylph

Wylph Ninja 62 EU

Just a quick search through the forum titles for 'Nerf' shows you a bit what they listened to. Unfortunately I can't go back far enough to get all the ones about the dk as well, as well other as zerker, warrior and so on. People asked for it, and we got nerfs all round and it was rushed out. I expect balancing this type of combat will take months, if not longer, not weeks.

https://community.blackdesertonline...rf-witch-and-wizard.112032/page-9#post-663698
    https://community.blackdesertonline...-op-striker-dp-its-ruining-bdo-already.60692/
    https://community.blackdesertonline...-and-maehwa-at-least-limit-their-speed.33354/
    https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/nerf-tamer.31490/ (maybe troll post)
    https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/nerf-wizard.189104/
    https://community.blackdesertonline...laying-strokers-and-mystigs-nerf-when.158084/
    https://community.blackdesertonline...tic-witchards-nerf-when-grab-ner-when.137780/

Old forums link to dk topic.

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/138907-lol-dk-is-op/&page=1

#14 Wylph, Jul 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
    Life Aries and Kybal like this.
  15. MrRobot

They should listen them,
    You are just ignorant if You think that Ninja is not Most OP class.

16. Life Aries

The test server is the most prominent addition that was not planned (as far as we know), but came after it was demanded by the players; it's more logical to believe our input is being passed along to the developers, although I feel pretty strongly that constructive input coupled with supporting data/experience goes a lot further than a lot of the blanketed QQ or ripping of the devs and threads titled things like "WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU" or "New Publisher Please".

17. Rayin

Man, i'm not arguing that they didn't listen at all, never ever in their life, i'm arguing that they didn't listen fully to the main points of the community and when they did, they just took a wrecking ball because it was the most economic way to deal with problems.

That character has no mobility -----> Let's reduce the cooldown of 1 sec to 2 of his mobility skills, even if those have collisions, no SA, FG, I-frames or have animations that cannot be cancelled/short animations with a relatively short distance.
    The character deals too much damage ----> Let's nerf to the ground the main skill, rest is fine.
    The character has too many SA and a lingering --------> Let's remove the lingering and every SA.
    The character can grab 4x times with 4x different grabs and on top of that the first grab is a vacuum that can be chained with a skill in SA -----------> Let's remove the ability to use those 4x grabs instead of nerfing the engage and give the possibility to break free from a grab.
    That character is worthless -----> Let's add KD, pull, spin or more SA in some filler skills.

Filtering the classic "Hurr durr Wiz is 2 OP nerf eet plox he can kill 50 of us with one skill" from "Wizard is a bit underpowered in 1 vs 1 but in mass he wrecks havoc with X, Y, Z skill as they have SA, CC, range and the firepower to do that" it's their job, else even i could give the mobility he lacked (and still lacks) to Warrior when he had his lingering and could get in and out of a fight killing 3-4 people with a Reckless + Grave.

None is arguing that they don't take into account what we say, but changing everything from day to night when they could've introduced first the test server and then slowing down the work for reasons, it's really the most unprofessional thing to do, especially if those changes forced a different playstyle to classes that had a specific role for 3 years and now more changes are being provided through a drip and most of the time are unpractical.

Ruffe and ODB3698 like this.
  18. Reuter

Reuter Tamer 61 EU

Even if they intended to actually fix the sorry state of PvP, I very much doubt they have the competence for doing so considering the track record from the last 3 months. Selling those reroll coupons probably also covered their financial loss if there was any to begin with.

Balance wise (that covers both classes and gear) the game is in a worse state than ever before and I wouldn't get up my hopes up for the global test server to change anything about that. One can hope that console release will be a flop so they might shift their focus towards the PC version again, but then there's still BDO Mobile which is already pulling in more money than the actual game can ever hope to achieve.

Ruffe, irrelevant, Mesuka and 3 others like this.