1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Art of Thrones - Voting Period

Discussion in 'Events' started by CM Kabz, Jun 27, 2019.

?

Vote for your 3 favorites !

Poll closed Jul 8, 2019.
  1. Seaforest

70 vote(s)
    5.7%
  2. Koytaro

124 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. Harmony

102 vote(s)
    8.3%
  4. Emanon

359 vote(s)
    29.1%
  5. FunFamilyName

185 vote(s)
    15.0%
  6. Shiakari

25 vote(s)
    2.0%
  7. TempestShade

25 vote(s)
    2.0%
  8. Whetu

99 vote(s)
    8.0%
  9. Charkusx

96 vote(s)
    7.8%
  10. Felyni

138 vote(s)
    11.2%
  11. Klauds

64 vote(s)
    5.2%
  12. Lunaevah

47 vote(s)
    3.8%
  13. Schattenjaegerin

102 vote(s)
    8.3%
  14. Heartilly

450 vote(s)
    36.5%
  15. Virava

21 vote(s)
    1.7%
  16. Wildspark

379 vote(s)
    30.7%
  17. Strasurge

92 vote(s)
    7.5%
  18. Flowerenza

333 vote(s)
    27.0%
  19. SaltySweet

100 vote(s)
    8.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Maliancho

Maliancho Werleman Valkyrie 62 NA

Wildspark is my choice Always gotta show some love for my valks brothers and more when they do a badass valk like that

Ninnghizhidda, Ladypoly and Starlin like this.
  2. Apokai

[​IMG]
    Thank you!

Also ggwp to all those who made it, all these submissions are great :]

Felyni, LFRP and Zimtblog like this.
  3. midgard229

this one was one of my fave; i think the only problem is that it wasn't technically a throne :( so gorgeous though, thanks for sharing it!

Oblit likes this.
  4. Oblit

Thanks! Yeah, that's what I originally thought at first, that it was disqualified due to me being too adventurous with the theme, I had to risk it like I always do. Though looking at the entries, there are at least 2 that really don't qualify as a throne (to me or if you want to be technical/critical), as a matter of fact one is not even showing the seating part and the backrest could be perceived as anything.

I'm sure the judges didn't realize that and it's understandable. You never know if they are going use artistic judges, you either submit a "safe" entry or be a bit more ambitious. FFXIV use their art team as judges and their decisions are always on point, at least for me.

I refused to draw the first images that came to mind when I first heard about the theme, I knew the type of stuff most artist were going for. I came up with a good composition, originally it had a "throne" but it had to go. I decided to make the pose look more comfortable.

[​IMG]

5. midgard229

i agree; good choice on removing the throne; regardless this is a beautiful piece for your portfolio and was a pleasure to see. these contests can be super rough :/

TheDefectiveOne and Oblit like this.
  6. Felyni

Felyni Tamer 61 NA

I completely agree! I just love your style and how you get those painting effects and smooth blends in digital. I wish I stuck to my original roots and did this traditionally..But, regardless, this was a fun learning experience, Now I know not to get too ambitious with my design digitally, as I'm not comfortable in it.

Though Heartily & Wildspark's pieces are gorgeous & they both def deserve 1 & 2, I'm biased towards heartily though, as I main Tamer. So Go Tamer!

#26 Felyni, Jun 28, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
    Kekipi, Eollyn, Oblit and 1 other person like this.
  7. Eremita

How does a work with this much artistic skill not make it to top 20 when some of the chosen artworks look near unfinished... Not to offend the finalists, there are some awesome works that made it, but whoever selected some of these have some weird priorities. Sorry man, in any other contest you would've made it.

That aside, Heartilly and FunFamilyName 's pieces are amazing and get my votes, I'm glad you made it to top 20!

Kekipi, onaco, Eollyn and 1 other person like this.
  8. SoulRemix

SoulRemix SoulRemix Tamer 62 EU

There were so many entries that actually held to the rules, but ofc (as usual) you let those get into the top 20 that also break the rules.
    For example:
    (Not "sitting" on a throne like it was said here) [TempestShade]

[​IMG]
    or not showing a throne at all like [Klauds] etc).

There were really good ones like
    [​IMG]
    or
    [​IMG]

That should have definitely made it into the top 20 if I look at certain other creations.... This isn't the first time, and it's not the last time that contest rules are not held, and for any participants it's very annoying and frustrating to have their work beaten by someone who didn't even bother reading the rules, which is why I stopped bothering with these types of (screenshot/art/creative) contests long ago anyway. If you put rules up, hold them. And what "Oblit" said about FFXV-Devs using their artist team to help judge, is definitely something that needs to be put in here as well.

#28 SoulRemix, Jun 28, 2019
  9. Neokii

I'm legit upset that some of them didn't make it in there The Mercurys, Prober... this one had to have been one hell of a vote to decide who was in the top. Congrats to those that made it though :o

Mercuel, Kekipi and Oblit like this.
  10. Whetu

It's really difficult to choose images, they're all beautiful.

Koytaro, Emanon and Strasurge: I like your arts ^^

11. MewStar

Harmonys got my vote!

Kekipi, Starlin and Eollyn like this.
  12. Seboros

Seboros Warrior 61

Harmony Looks amazing and such a beautiful look, has my vote!

Kekipi likes this.
  13. Namoo

That isn't the only thing
    fd1cd278ee98c607f929595de10c9a8d.png 8c3b186ab4c392ae4c57e5700540b16b.png I am not calling this out for my own gain, but rather the fairness of others and the sake of integrity of this contest. Even if some elements of this art different, this still falls under "art paraphrasing":
    ec9c92c4070a1569605b638d79e4c9da.png The original artwork is called "Succubus Queen" by Dongho Kang. It was an original piece created in 2017. I don't care if I get hate for posting about this one, I feel like it was the right thing to do. I didn't specifically go out of my way to out anyone, I only noticed this because I had seen this artwork before this entry was ever posted.
    I can tell the artist is talented, I can't deny that. I think their rendition of this piece came out very nicely. But in a contest that's supposed to be based off an original design, I don't think copying someone else's composition and throne design cuts it, and it is taking away from others who actually put their heart into coming up with their own design.

#33 Namoo, Jun 28, 2019
  14. Starlin

Funny you should mention that. There is another person who did the same type of image adaptation in top 20 but I didn't say anything because the more the drawing went on in the process they adjusted it so I can only say now it was inspired adaption, not stolen. It did look stolen for a hot minute there. Regardless, best of luck to everyone who did original work and put their best effort out there ^^

15. Star of Stardusted

Among the 20 amazing pictures below, please select your 3 favorites in order to make the final ranking!

16. Jedi_Ninja

You no touch my Heartilly!!!
    Megamind - Get back you savages.jpg

Eollyn likes this.
  17. Wilter

Have you let the CM's know about this? This is very blatant art theft.

@CM Kabz

here's a gif too

[​IMG]

#37 Wilter, Jun 29, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
  18. Felyni

Felyni Tamer 61 NA

Ya when I first put my WIP in, I made sure to state 100% inspired pose by my favorite game ever, and asked folk to guess what it was, but no one guessed it nor cared =-( ... I was hoping to be able to KH fan girl with a few like minded folk that love the same game franchise as I do.

But i'm going to assume you're talking about me, as I think I was the only one to provide my WIP process and live stream. If that is the case, I disagree with you, as my drawing never looked stolen, as you can't steal a generic pose, imo.

[​IMG]
    AOT_Sketch.jpg

(Was hoping to hook in some fellow kingdom heart fanatics with my piece! haha)

#38 Felyni, Jun 29, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
  19. MermistaMermaid

I love the artwork by Denito!!!

SRT2Yyy60R likes this.
  20. Namoo

I tried to reach out, yes, but no response yet.

Kekipi, Felyni, Eollyn and 1 other person like this.