1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Art of Thrones - Voting Period

Discussion in 'Events' started by CM Kabz, Jun 27, 2019.

?

Vote for your 3 favorites !

Poll closed Jul 8, 2019.
  1. Seaforest

70 vote(s)
    5.7%
  2. Koytaro

124 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. Harmony

102 vote(s)
    8.3%
  4. Emanon

359 vote(s)
    29.1%
  5. FunFamilyName

185 vote(s)
    15.0%
  6. Shiakari

25 vote(s)
    2.0%
  7. TempestShade

25 vote(s)
    2.0%
  8. Whetu

99 vote(s)
    8.0%
  9. Charkusx

96 vote(s)
    7.8%
  10. Felyni

138 vote(s)
    11.2%
  11. Klauds

64 vote(s)
    5.2%
  12. Lunaevah

47 vote(s)
    3.8%
  13. Schattenjaegerin

102 vote(s)
    8.3%
  14. Heartilly

450 vote(s)
    36.5%
  15. Virava

21 vote(s)
    1.7%
  16. Wildspark

379 vote(s)
    30.7%
  17. Strasurge

92 vote(s)
    7.5%
  18. Flowerenza

333 vote(s)
    27.0%
  19. SaltySweet

100 vote(s)
    8.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Zimtblog

I'm not quite of your opinion.
    that's right, it's good for KG.
    Is it OK to influence votes?
    It isn't forbidden, but is it still fair?
    I'm just saying: Global Costume Design Contest 2018
    I think your picture is beautiful and that's why I chose it. 19.png

Erdbeermilch, Felyni and Lanzor like this.
  2. Lunaevah

I'm so happy and thankful that my entry made it into the voting period! There are some truly amazing entries, everyone did such a great job!

Tifa_LockHart, Kekipi, Felyni and 2 others like this.
  3. SoulRemix

SoulRemix SoulRemix Tamer 62 EU

Did you hire your artist from fiverr too?

Judging by what you've said so far I wouldn't be too surprised. You truly represent the spirit of any online creative voting contest. What an honor it must be to compete with people like you. The pride and accomplishment you must feel after winning a creative contest, by having all your friends who don't even play BDO vote for it. -sarcasmoff-

Also nice Upvote-Jump over the past few hours. That ticker must be working for you.

Speaking of Online-Voting Polls, here are some fun videos to help understand why it almost never works, and always ends up failing. x)

Tifa_LockHart, Wilter, Kekipi and 2 others like this.
  4. onaco

onaco Musa 62 EU

I assure you that not a single person joins a videogame community or starts playing a game itself because their colleague/friend tells them to vote for their artwork in an art contest. And yes it does help the game get some attention. However these contests also attract people who were never in this community to begin with, and which leave the moment they are done with voting. It isn't against rules to advertise your artwork around, but influencing the votes that way is never supported by people.
    I thought the whole point of these ingame contests was so people who are actually a part of this community can show off what they are cabaple of doing, their ideas and talents, hard work etc.
    ....But with community votings such as these we will never achieve any level of fairness in these kinds of things ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Neokii, Lillekolibri, Kekipi and 4 others like this.
  5. Lanzor

Community voting is a gloomy weird thing...

6. hyny

Should you win, will the chair be worth it? Will you feel proud, that you won by chasing after every neighbor, like a door to door salesman? Do you think with your open statement you will gain respect from other artists or people looking for artists in this community? I admire your tenacity.
    You are right it's not against the rules, but what do rules matter when stolen artwork was not disqualified, 60+ new fake accounts created in the past 24 hours to vote for one person. I call this cheating, but the jury seems to advertise this kind of behavior. Also next campaign I recommend you to stay like a true politician and just keep shouting "NO COLLUSION!".

7. Tifa_LockHart

Right it isn't a crime. That's the problem with "community voting"
    and you literally tripled in votes in the time span of less than a day, putting you very close to 3rd from all the way 7th.

I'm simply, letting people know that this is the result of community voting.

So if you are an artists in this contest, and you don't have many friends or tons of guildies or maybe you're just a casual player who happens to be an artist. Sorry, but you lost from the very beginning unless you are Heartlily. That gal doesn't need help.

I just wish the DEV stop being incompetent and either give everyone the rewards or simply just
    decide themselves! Like the FFIV team who had their art dev decide instead of this BS voting system that decides whoever has the most friends is the winner.

This is the exact BS that happens in the costume contest with one of the most badly drawn, least played class; became the winner.

#67 Tifa_LockHart, Jun 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
  8. Lanzor

Ohh gods save my sinful soul... I'm not even at the first, second, third, maybe even fourth place, but everybody considers it's his duty to say what a scoundrel I am. Are you serious? It seems I havn't so many attention when I was sleeping drunk on a bench after high school graduation...

#68 Lanzor, Jun 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
    Erdbeermilch and Zimtblog like this.
  9. Andaro

Ambassador

So many awesome photos, its really hard to choose! Best luck to all the participants! OwO

Erdbeermilch, Neokii and Felyni like this.
  10. Kekipi

Kekipi Shai 60 EU

It's going to be dead obvious who got mostly boosted from 1 day old forum accounts.

But as you mentioned, the better solution would be to avoid community votes all together, all systems have flaws, but a developer based voting would at least not be rigged. Regardless of the taste from said people that would do the voting.

#70 Kekipi, Jun 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  11. Felyni

Felyni Tamer 61 NA

I really love your drawing too, one of my favorites up there! Love halloween everything!

Eollyn and Kekipi like this.
  12. Tifa_LockHart

Yep his in 3rd place now lol almost 2nd.

Look not trying to hate but its kinda obvious when it happens in just one day. A jump from 7th to 2nd. It's whatever, nothing going to happen.

#72 Tifa_LockHart, Jun 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
    Kekipi likes this.
  13. Inertia

If only accounts needed a minimum age / post count before voting :thinking:

Lillekolibri, Wilter, Starlin and 2 others like this.
  14. Asfrid_Thora

Asfrid_Thora Pughardt Valkyrie 62 NA

It's not prohibited for sure. However that doesn't change the fact that it's pretty sad, by begging everyone and everything to vote for you just so you can win instead of by real talent or being a good person. It's whatever, nothing we can do. And gives me another reason to not come back to this game, ever

15. DafuqYouLookinAt

I'm not too discouraged that mine didn't make it into the top winners, really was doing just for the fun of it - not too big of a fan of strictly community voting.

I am ultimately glad that we all had the opportunity to take part in such a challenging, creative contest! Everyone did a fantastic job. Gl to the top winners! -drum rolls-

On a side note here are my votes & why they peaked my interest the most:

Whetu
    "I think their art style here is different from others. It has that raw/messy look to it & not in the bad way!
    I too love to work with the aura glow effects, everything is so mystical & fluffy looking!

[​IMG]

Wildspark
    "Valkyries are seen as powerful & fearless women of war. I think this piece shows the deity within a valk. The small detailing in her armor is wow. I especially love the pose, along with the choice of expression."
    [​IMG]

Strasurge
    "It's oozing with cuteness, let's be honest. There's such small detailing that I think made the drawing more enjoyable, especially the fact that they took the time to add detailing outside the window and on the marble flooring & walls.
    Also...chibi squish squish black spirit!!! :D"

[​IMG]

Solest, Erdbeermilch, Sidina and 2 others like this.
  16. Tifa_LockHart

Hey Luna :D
    Your art is amazing. Its just too bad this is community voting. You are a winner in my eyes! ♥

17. CM Kabz

Community Manager

It has been really hard to select only 20 entries for the community voting part but, unfortunately there were only 20 places and as everyone knows, taste and colours are not always the same.
    It doesn't mean that other artists have been disqualified or have less talent, it only means that people who voted prefered some pictures instead of the others.
    It broke my heart to see that some of you didn't make it to the top 20 at the end :(

Now, concerning the entry of Koytaro, we decided to not disqualified it. The picture is indeed a lot inspired by the Succubus Queen but with enough modifications to make it an original work.

Zimtblog likes this.
  18. onaco

onaco Musa 62 EU

You have to be joking me...? Do you people know ANYTHING about art? I had my doubts with your Staff's choices but now you have truly proven it. You are literally incapable of seeing the difference between being inspired by soemthing and just blunt out stealing it. The drawing is basically -traced- over the original one. Traced! If you don't know what that means (because I wouldn't be surprised) let me explain. It is when you take someones work, put it under, take a pen, and draw over it like a 10 year old does in the colouring book.
    Awesome! Hey, next time how about all of us just google ''Girl sitting in a throne'' and take someone elses picture and just draw over it? Is this what you call a creative contest? I beg you my pardon on harsh words, but I mean holy **** they didn't even goddamn bother to change the throne design, or even the pose (they literally moved one arm from elbow down and added a dumb dragon. They didn't even bother to change the format, they even copied rocks for composition, everything).
    Best contest 10/10. See you everyone next time when I literally commission someone else to do it, or just trace it from a picture I find on deviantArt, or just ask my whole family and friends to vote for it who don't give two poops about BDO itself.
    Except I won't do it, because I am a decent human being who understands what theft actually means :)
    Have fun literally supporting creative theft. I sincerely hope your team gets into problems for doing this (but I know it wont). And now I probably look like a raging kid to you, but I'm sure anyone who knows something about art itself understands what I ment.
    I honestly wish I never got into the top 20, so I wouldn't have to see what kind of mess this is and how horribly unfair it is. I'd rather trade that ValuePack if it ment not seeing or knowing about this. But it can't possibly be fair when people in charge are literally clueless.

It has been a long time since I was so disgustingly disappointed.
    Giving out prizes to people who literally steal someone else's work on which a person worked for hours and hours on hahaha,....god what a mistake it was joining this thing.

I mean who cares in the end of the day right? It is just yet another drawing contest, with yet another poeple winning who are scammers, with yet another communtiy being left dissapointed. Just like any other videogame drawing contest. Nice job doing it all by the script.
    Lol next time everyone just find some quality drawing and draw your character instead over it. It's fine it will pass, you just gotta put your character's armor on it to make it ''original'' and ''inpsired''. It will get a lot of votes too since nobody important will bother to say it's stolen,
    You actually tried to not steal? Too bad.

#78 onaco, Jul 1, 2019
    MeyLolita, BigWolfy, Mercuel and 5 others like this.
  19. Zeljeznaa

Zeljeznaa Mystic 61 EU

I dont wanna sound harsh but there were artists with more upvotes/love than that, enough to justify them being chosen over an artist that couldn't be bothered to come up with their own pose. Or even colors. Or background (Even the light sources are exposed at the same places haha) And skill, and effort as well. Look at Apo, Oblit :) I was kinda bamboozled to see them not make it, when they're up in the concept artist level of skill. Why not just switch them out? I get the impression next contest we will be allowed to download our inspiration from Artstation next time :) the format, pose, composition, all's the same lol. Doesnt seem like a contest if people really arent racing eachother with skill and imagination. Are we really going to see the best? or can you just link us to the actual guy who made that pic right away so he finds out he won somewhere without knowing he even entered lol. However I gotta say, the guy/girl did bother to draw the fabric a little bit to the left, so after another thought its cool. Well, I know what I'll be inspired by next year. I'll never suck if the guy Im copying doesnt either.

Just switch it out with somebody who's also liked, and doesn't cause a moral bankruptcy on your forums.

Attached Files:

#79 Zeljeznaa, Jul 1, 2019
  20. Pandatante

I agree with all of this! This decision makes me both mad and sad, seeing this as an artist. As a participant in this contest I'm really disappointed. I (and probably a lot of others) put a lot of thought into their design and now when finding out that this is just stolen art and it's even allowed... it just feels like our work is undervalued and not worth it.

BigWolfy, Lillekolibri, Namoo and 4 others like this.