1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

As soon as AOC is out BDO is going to die. Change my mind.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by SweetsDealer, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Riandrisael

I can't really see anything so beyond hyped as AoC even coming close to the number of expectations people have for the game, even if it's pretty good there is no way that it's the perfect MMO ever made and will kill any other MMO that dares be created before and after AoC. I can see it being a good MMO and I would guess a lot will go there then spread out once they realize it's not literally perfect but yea do try to hype it up more and see if we can crash those expectations faster.

2. MADE

Noone of this have anything to do with my comment, but thanks for the comment...

So? How does it have anything to do with the fact that they rather wasted time on trying to milk the BR hype, rather than delivering the promised mmo?

Yeah I forgot to add this as a point. Either way, the number of red flags are too damn high, it would be idiotic to preorder/invest into it, give it time, and if it survives 2-3month after launch, you can get into it, but now it's risky.

My estimation is that it will going to F2P within 2 or max 3 years after launch.

#42 MADE, Aug 4, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
  3. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

Please, to ensure your words, require account deleting.

4. LithicForm

Why TF is animation cancelling considered a bug/exploit. It's a core combat mechanic in almost every game, not just BDO. Even FF14 has animation cancelling. Blade and Soul is so dependent on animation cancelling, doing it wrong can cut your DPS parsing down by 50%. You should be thankful BDOs animation cancelling isn't that influential. Sounds like a case of you need to Git Gud.

Now that I think about it, even FPS games like Overwatch have animation cancelling. I'm pretty sure MobAs have it too. I remember it being a thing in Heroes of Newerth, never played League of Legends can't comment on that.

Edit: Also... Stop Being Poor. BDO isn't a game, it's a hobby. Good hobbies require investment. Have you ever had an IRL hobby? Nothing is cheap.

#44 LithicForm, Aug 4, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
    Mystical_Goddess likes this.
  5. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

True spending money on your hobbies is normal however gaming is unlike normal hobbies where that spending does not give you an advantage. Pay to win SUCKS.

6. Chaos Ronin

Chaos Ronin RyunokoDynasty Mystic 61 NA

Don't really need to change your mind AOC just looks sh*t, BDO is safe in that regard.

7. Vortexii

I didn't see any remarks regarding paying for the Quality of the game. Just a blanket Pay Up........ because?

The game is selling out it's integrity, not holding up to it's balancing promises, and releasing very poor content. Oh well it's a Hobby!!! Pay Up!!

Looks like Pearl Abyss is testing the waters to see if people will buy (x cash shop item). I can't resist it's a hobby, I just have to buy it!!!

8. Amirite

9. Reywhisper

I am sure koreans will stay loyal to their pay to win games, so BDO and crimson desert will be hits. However wehn AoC hits, most these cash grab pay to win games from asian markets will loose enormous number of playerbase in the western world, as EU and NA will accept monthly pay over pay to win any time.

I know I will. And few louf whales in BDO can reee as they want, its truth.

10. Nelyvia

Nah, it will be f2p on release with a heavy cash shop, i can bet that
    Intrepid might have said "we want a subscription with cash shop", it doesnt matter, my.com doesnt work with sub based game or buy to play
    ALL the games they published were released as f2p even if the devs wanted it to be sub based ( Allods Online for exemple )

11. Hypotermia

Ashes of scam. Sure. Game looks horrible so does the dev team so gl with that. While im not saying PA is any better or they deserve 10 marks. AoC is no different and the game looks absolutely garbo.

Ill give it 0.1% chance of being good game which is more than i give crimson desert

MADE likes this.
  12. Amirite

I heard a few stories around AOC being a scam, not sure how much there is into this and I got no source other then Youtube. I wonder how and why this information is around.

13. Chainscythe

U are late ... Bless Online already killed BDO, as history shows!

14. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

unlike AoC, Bless had gameplay, pretty good one, but it doesn't had properly working client ( wrong engine) and server. AoC on other hand have nothing beside hype of being "western game".

MADE likes this.
  15. Hypotermia

First time i started hearing stuff was basically right of the bat when it was announced / revealed.

Been few years so my memory is bit vague about the situation but man behind the studio / AoC was associated with telemarketing scams / pyramid schemes.

While im fairly certain that they plan to deliver some kind of game out but i highly doubt it will be anything that community is waiting for.

There is already some hints regarding the studio behind it. Originally they made battleroyal mode for AoC as testing purpose to test combat and then they released on steam and made cash shop for it. If it was only for testing purpose why would they make cash shop? Then followed by the fact that the battleroyal didn't even work. I tried like month to log in and never was able to

Combat seems EXTREMELY clunky and unresponsive with bad animations.

Top of that my VERY first experience of hearing and talking someone about the game was literally how guy tried to recruit ppl to join AoC from discord by making tons of promises and how ppl can make money out of recruiting others

Amirite likes this.
  16. Amirite

Thanks for this!
    When i saw how much they charge for beta access, that's total wild - up to 375$, who pay that much for access beta?? Already there, I started to walk away.

MoonDance17 likes this.
  17. MrHilarious

MrHilarious Ranger 61 EU

Can`t understand the Hype of Ashes of Creation. AOC was really bad before they revamped it a lot and actual its really not comparable to BDO. And yes the combat system looks awful. In my opinion it will take up to 3 more years that there exists something comparable with high budget and that kind of motivation to produce a AAA MMORPG.

18. Reywhisper

suuure so much for one time content that is just cosmetics. I am sure all those 100$ pearl boxes provide much better value :D :D

19. Hypotermia

Np. Just like any mmorpg i personally give it a shot but i don't expect anything or have any hopes for it to be even decent product

Amirite likes this.
  20. Amirite

You kinda answer your own question or whatever. Actually you get some benefits for those 100$ in game like the VP. With the pure cosmetics is just pixels right? Not saying that Pearl boxes not are cosmetics, but AOC only sells that no benefits as what I could read and they use the caps on it's not P2W.