1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ascent: Infinite Realm published by Kakao.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Coeprandua, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Coeprandua

I remember when the year began there was some hype / hope that A:IR might release this year. Kakao won the publishing rights back in 2016 and a few days ago they officially extended this to KR, too. However, this is the most we've heard of A:IR for a long time.

Bluehole, creators of PUBG, is making the game, which is in closed beta right now.

Question is what do you expect now that Bless was a failure? A:IR is basically the same engine, with the same performance issues. Are you hyped in any way?

Let's try to keep this civil. I could really use some positive vibe that this is a game worth looking forward to, if anyone can offer any.

Mycca likes this.
  2. Dworkin Barimen

BH,are black listed for me ,never gonna touch a game ,they made ever after TERA.

Auralexia and Ruffe like this.
  3. LightningFFXIII-4

If its a Korean MMO, forget it.

4. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

Go back to you urs "best MMORPG" ever JP cashgrab and stay there, why you even allowed to post on forums.
    Bluehole creator of TERA, they know what they doing, and Kakao not there worst publisher from available. But if you want UE MMORPG in 2020 you have serious problems.

5. MountAndDew

Published by kashcow? Well not gonna bother with that trash then lmao

Ruffe likes this.
  6. Reuter

Reuter Tamer 62 EU

• Unreal Engine 3 in 2018
    • Garbage thieving publisher
    • Developer showing their utter incompetence and greed with PUBG, Tera is a thing of the past
    Right into the trash bin.

7. Coeprandua

This is the problem here. We don't know who is calling the shots, PA or Kakao. If you look at PA's activities in other areas (where KAKAO is not involved), they are not very nice. You can rule out PA by playing A:IR and see if Kakao are actually the good guys.

8. Dringe

Aside from the issues it has, the game itself does not look appealing to me at all.
    That's a hard no from me.

Ruffe likes this.
  9. Reuter

Reuter Tamer 62 EU

Please. Yeah, Kakao are totally a bunch of innocent lambs. Bet they are wiping their tears with all the sweet dollars they gained by pushing subsequent P2W updates. Ultimately they are both thieving korean companies with strong ties.

10. Dworkin Barimen

As any other company,out there so....I mean you know they put profits above all,since they answer only to their investors right?They don't care about consequences of their actions,as long as there is blink blink $$ bills ya'll.

11. Catastigma

no good mmorpg for more that 10 years. just leave the genre please.

12. Dworkin Barimen

There is a reason why i hate Blizztard,and i call them a genre killers .What ever they touch,dies and turns into ashes.:o:)

Ruffe and Catastigma like this.
  13. Escapism

Werent blizzard the ones who turned the mmo genre into such a huge popular and mainstream success in the first place? Without WoW, mmo's would still be a niche thing for a couple thousands/ten-thousands players top. Isnt blizzard also the only company that is still really successful in the rts genre? Their first and only attempt in the moba genre has been a massive success as well and is one of the most successful mobas.

What you meant to say was, whatever other companies try to blatantly copy from blizzard without any new own innovation, dies and turns into ashes.

Really NOT a blizzard fanboy or trying to shill for them in any way, but credit where credit is due.

Felyni likes this.
  14. Dworkin Barimen

Speak for your self,i speak from the point of the games i enjoyed ,been changed to something worst in their attempt to appeal to the wow kiddies.So to me they are genre killers.And btw you are wrong :),is a thing called Ultima Online,and EverQuest that actually popularized the genre,before Blizztard even concieved WoW.And lets not forget Line Age 2 ,which i am sure ,was wayy to hard for plebs ,with its deleveling ,PK from lv 1 and item destruction when enchanting.And after they released that moba wannabe ,you know what followed?Dumbing down of DOTA2 ,and introducing of ability trees to chars,in attempt to appeal to the blizztard fan base.And DOTA 2 is in decline ever since.So yeah genre killers.:|:o:)That's the only credit they deserve ,and will be getting from me .
    O and one more,thing no other companies,are preshured by the blizztard fans,that can only complain and compare all to blizz games,and constantly whine this or that isn't like in those games, and then end up complaining what generic copy of wow they got........You can see it even on this forum.

#14 Dworkin Barimen, Oct 16, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
    Ruffe likes this.
  15. Escapism

I hate Sony as well for 100% ruining Star Wars Galaxies, "wow"-izing it, but that was entirely Sonys fault, not Blizzards. All of those games that were changed for the worse to "appeal to wow kiddies" werent changed by blizzard, they were changed by their own devs in an attempt to copy and leech off of blizzards success while shitting on their own playerbases and integrity.

UO and EQ were never "big" popular, they were niche games with rather small playerbases compared. Lineage was popular, almost as popular as wow at its start, but it was only in the asian regions, so bad luck, it doesnt count in the western world because it didnt exist here. Also lol, downlevelling and rng gear downgrade/destruction progression, get the f*** outta here, absolutely noone in the western world likes that ****.

Dota wasnt made by Blizzard either, nor was dota 2. Blizzards Moba i was speaking off is Overwatch, which is a slightly different genre but a type of moba as well, which is also one of the most played games today. And previously also was (although well known), still rather niche genre (Team Fortress).

People whining and complaining about every other game, comparing them to blizzard games, or why they dont have these and that feature from blizzard games, is not a fault of blizzard either, it only shows that blizzard is excellent at casualizing things and adding qol features which apparently a lot of players want, instead of constantly adding or breaking new shitty rng, cashgrab and scam mechanics noone asked for.

Your hatred should really be directed towards lazy unimaginative game studios and devs who instead of creating innovative good games, try to blatantly copy other successful titles, but just worse and with added p2w or rng.

16. Dworkin Barimen

So,the masses that cry and demand for those changes have nothing to do with the developers choices ?I meant HoS...And what does ,Asian regions don't count even mean?You are telling me that the region,thanks to which you have E-sports that the western audiences couldn't even concieve to begin with,and tons of actually developed games that started the casual gaming with consoles doesn't count?LOL simply lol to that statement, U even gaming bruh?.Also,i don't like how games are been made for the casual players,but i have to live with it right i have to be tolerant to that crap.So why for a change ,people don't get tolerant towards the not so casual friendly games ,and stop demanding for them to be dumbed down ?

#16 Dworkin Barimen, Oct 16, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2018