1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

At the end of the month everything needs to be reverted.

Discussion in 'PvP' started by HongChong, May 9, 2018.

1. Eto

Eto

yep just go back and read because im not bothering with how dumb your post sounds. Says high end combat... kay come find me in my castle

#41 Eto, May 11, 2018
    Last edited: May 11, 2018
  2. WhiteShadowXXL

it is just such a shame how fast the game fall since the renown score shenanigans patch...
    you get punished way to hard for making one mistake in high scaling or even mid scaling

my suggestion would also be:
    -remove the renown score and its benefits
    -remove the new cc system
    -and remove the last SA/FG update

i don't really know who was crying to get changes like this but tbh:
    I see this game going down a very high fall and losing a major part of its playerbase.

the game was fine before the renown score and i wouldn't even care if they would balance classes a little bit by removing SOME components
    but removing more than half of ALL components was just a grab in the toilet.

The game was fine... was
    If they don't revert things after this month of testing.. i'll leave... and all of my friends aswell

Iroha likes this.
  3. Iroha

Iroha Oregairu Musa 61 EU

Nice rebuttal.

You're just delusional and ain't got a clue. Have fun at Catfish

4. Eto

Eto

yep totally delusional, more like not grown accustom to relying SA skills riddled with CCs as a crutch. I'll be here laughing at you as Pearl Abyss kicks the wheelchair out from under you.

5. Nyhver

people are going to continue being potatoes and/or more limited than before, witch/wizards are helpless and die to keyboard smashing opponents

the end result is worse pvp

and these guys are right, you thinking people just spammed abilities shows you didn't understand previous high level PvP, any inability to punish was due to class imbalance and/or player skill, not because there wasn't a method in the previous system

Crimson_Scarlet likes this.
  6. Boojangles

They turned everyone into rangers

7. Assilma

Assilma Tamer 63 EU

Yes, please revert and start again. This direction of changes is absolutely not the way to go. We needed very specific individualised class-based changes to the old system, not a total overhaul of everything. Please revert.

izzoartistry likes this.
  8. Boojangles

As a ranger I had a good 2 years of getting fcked over. So i dont want them to revert anything. However, you are right about what is needed.

9. WastedJoker

WastedJoker Striker 61 EU

We're on a nodewar hiatus at the moment because so many people are so bummed out by the direction of the game. Attendance is not mandatory and it's been a while since guild chat was so quiet.

It's not even the fact that they've made such sweepig changes. We're seeing HUGE direction changes in a short period of time while significant long-term issues are being ignored. How many classes have skill-based issues that have been there since pretty much the get go and have been ignored but suddenly all your skills are ever so important to change/fix?

Iroha and Assilma like this.
  10. Boojangles

who is that directed at?

11. RysingCrow

RysingCrow Warrior 52 NA

What is the actual current counter measure to CC in this game without super armor? Also how do you with this current combat system kill someone without CC?

12. HongChong

Relying on it? No ****. What else are you supposed to do to counter act CC? Stack evasion, or perhaps DR to try and simply out tank the enemy? That's a more brainless version of PvP than our current one. Or would you prefer I practice up on my dodge roll skills and start I framing this **** like dark souls? Work out my inventory so I can get a smooth fast roll in?

Otherwise it's a match of who the **** swings first and whether or not the person to get the hit in first has enough AP to one shot the bastard. If not then the CC'd guy stands up, looks the other guy in the eye, then flips him the middle finger as he chug A lugs XL HP pots and restarts Call of Autism: Modern Shitlord 3.

Also, you repeatedly claim the old system was brainless, mindless, but for a brainless system it sure is weird that well over half the playerbase can't even do a single combo for their class properly, SA or CC combo's, much less actually master the larger variety of combo's available to their class that can be used in more diverse scenario's.

For such a brainless system, there's a reason why manup got **** and memed on in the old system. It's because even with their literally welfare carried gear they were still subpar players, even when they've spent countless hours playing the game. Now? They now legitimately get gear carried with the renown system and CC changes because PvP is ACTUALLY brainless in its current state and the renown score just gives them an indisputable stat advantage.

Actually the funny thing is that's exactly what they're aiming for as well. They're specifically changing the CC system so it's harder to land CC, so if their master plans go through then all skill goes out the window. It becomes a literal slug fest to see who can drool on their keyboard the hardest. Which ever class dishes out the most damage WILL win, or if someone rolls that sweet RNG and gets a CC off then maybe they'll get something done.

I play Musa which is actually known for our Cheesy one shots in the higher gear scores, so while I guess the game is gonna lose all amount of thinking involved I'll end up being pretty meta.

#52 HongChong, May 12, 2018
    Last edited: May 12, 2018
    izzoartistry and Iroha like this.
  13. Angarato

this patch was actually good. cept they forgot to nerf their special needs child: the wizard. if they do that it might actually be decent.

14. WastedJoker

WastedJoker Striker 61 EU

It wasn't directed at anyone; I'm just saying that all of a sudden PA cared about what skills do after months, sometimes years, of ignoring bug reports about mechanically broken skills.

15. Eto

Eto

Wow just wow, keep popping unprotected skills in the middle of a group of enemies without any thought about your surroundings. I could tell you what to do for each class, but you'll just keep going full REEEEEEE because you think you can't do anything without your precious super armor. Each class has a different method to avoiding CCs what a surprise now that it isn't a cycle SA fest. The only exception to this is witchards because they haven't been balanced yet in this manner, but that should be coming Wednesday. Learn combat awareness like classes had to do before awakening weapons were introduced or just leave the game you won't be missed.

Btw manup got beat and kicked out of their region because they grew accustom to uncontested wars and the servers lagged so hard when they were contested. they all d/ced and were unable to defend against the people that were still connected to the servers in a 6v1.

#55 Eto, May 14, 2018
    Last edited: May 14, 2018
  16. Boojangles

I remember them saying something about using this year to focus on rebalancing the game. Keeping in mind that they dont know what the word subtle means, this is to be expected from them. Im not implying they are doing the best job btw. I just had my popcorn ready.

17. Akaru

No the changes are not perfect in any way, they've already down tuned far passed where they should have gone, even with the upcoming CC changes. Refer to this video.

tl;dr sure in theory classes may become more balanced, but it takes so much of the skill and fun factor out of pvp that no pvper worth their salt cares for it.
    The changes should have directly singled out issues like mystic, striker, warrior, etc being far too protected, some classes like ninja and tamer not being protected enough, maybe give everyone a grab so they can openly challenge SA and block states. As the video states people hate to lose out more than they gain, so pushing balance in the opposite direction where overtuned characters are brought down just a bit and lacking characters are brought up to meet the other characters then the community would be happier for it.

Instead what they've done is introduce a system that does the exact opposite of diminishing returns and increases a gear gap much further, and brings all classes down below even the worst class previously. Everywhere I go I see people up in arms about these changes, and it's not for no reason.

Paps and Iroha like this.
  18. Skarrlette

Skarrlette Sorceress 62 NA

I made that post a while ago, back then the stuff they promised was good.
    They didn't tell us about all nerfs yet so i couldnt have seen that coming…. all in all i do enjoy the game more today, although i really think they should think about some changes they have made to some classes.