1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response At what % of the download will I be able to launch the game ?

Discussion in 'New Adventurers' started by Zerg, Sep 13, 2018 at 2:11 PM.

1. Zerg

Hello Everyone,

So I just started downloading the game a couple minutes ago, and 8 hours seems kinda long, so I was wondering if there's a threshold of data after which you can actually launch the game and explore the first contents, because this was the case for some MMO I tried before ( Archeage, GW2..).

Now for the second question, will I be able to play the game at a reasonable fps/Quality considering my Laptop has the following specs :

6Gb of Ram
    an Intel core i5 CPU 2.3 Ghz CPU
    a Nvidia Gefore GT 525M graphic card

Thank you for taking the time to read my thread.

2. Isteria

100% is what you need to launch the game and you will probably have performance issues with these pc specs. However, the game is free to try. Launch it, test it, decide on your own.

3. Andaro

Andaro Archive

:3 you can use the low settings and optimization mode and should be able to play ok, but you will have lag in places like populated towns, boss fights, and siege will probably be out.of the question.

A lot of little tweaks in the settings though that you can turn off or down to get more FPS

4. Zerg

how about increasing my RAM to 8gb and overclocking my CPU to .. say 2,9 Ghz, should that give a tangible result in terms of Fps ?

5. Andaro

Andaro Archive

increasing your RAM if you can will have the biggest performance increase, with the given CPU....the game likes to hold between 3 and 5 GB for its working set.....and of course Windows demands its 1 to 1.5

So definitely RAM if you want to upgrade

Overclocking can get a bit of performance, I'm afraid I can't over any advice on that, as some have issues with overclocked systems (my phone wanted to write overcooked lol)

6. Zerg

Lmfao well that ain't completely silly since overclocking might aswell cause overcooking due to heat,

So I suppose I will just buy a 4gb bar of ram to replace my current 2gb that should do the trick.

7. GM Unknown

Game Master

Hi there @Zerg and welcome! As mentioned by Isteria, the download will indeed need to be 100% and fully downloaded before being able to play the game, it cannot be played while it's updating/downloading, unfortunately :( But once it's done you should be able to hop in-game and start your adventure :D

Take care!