1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Under Investigation ATTN: DEVS - Frozen Animation Bug

Discussion in 'Bugs - Archive' started by Songhi, May 17, 2018.

1. po0key

here is a video of it happning

2. GM Dew

Game Master

Thank you very much for this video! It is a strange issue indeed, and I've forwarded it to our QA team.

Can you just confirm to me that you're also unable to move / dodge / use any skills to get out of the frozen animation?

Best regards,
    GM Dew

3. Songhi

Unable to move, dodge, or use skills. I can use potions and scrolls, anything from my inventory on a hot bar, but it doesn't release me from this weird pose. Also, as you see in the video, sometimes it will resolve itself, most times I have to wait to get hit again hard. I was doing Arena quests for the abysmal weapon and the guildie I teamed with ended up fighting most of the final battle herself because I was frozen. I told her to bring them toward me in hopes one would smack the sense into my character, I got hit with an AOE and was able to fight afterwards.

#23 Songhi, May 30, 2018
    Last edited: May 30, 2018
  4. Songhi

Using escape works, becoming dead works... I'd prefer not to become dead. And getting hit again hard, I.E. Manes superslam or Rogue Hulk Smash Punch to the Face, sometimes will break this.

5. Songhi

If you need to see this in real time, I'm usually on Cal 2, Family Name is Trishena, usually on my Lahn or my Witch. I'd be more then happy to reproduce the incident for you.

Witch name is "Lauralanthalassa"
    Lahn name is "Zhah_Li"

6. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 64 EU

Happens on a wizz as well. I just figured it is stiffness(cc) lock. Some skills seem to break it. I think using Chilling wave works. Will test later.

7. GM Dew

Game Master

Thank you for confirming that for me. I've raised the issue to higher priority as this interrupts your gameplay quite severely.

Best regards,
    GM Dew

8. S2Camille

I just experienced this for the first time, today. Sadly it resulted in a dirt nap as I didn't have potions on me.

9. Songhi

Yea, I've lost so many crystals because of dirt naps to this bug, fortunately they were cheap, but still, it seems to be a growing issue. I'm almost at the point of simply setting up in Tarif and fishing til it's resolved.

10. GM Dew

Game Master

Hi everyone,

Our QA team was unable to reproduce this issue in the latest build. Could you let me know if it is still happening after the latest patch?

If so, are there any specific skills / attacks this can be reproduced with more accurately?

Best regards,
    GM Dew

11. Buxx

Buxx Lahn 62 EU

Happens to me and friends almost everywhere.
    its still a problem

the worst is at kutum, sometimes you sit in this frozen state for almost half the fight, there can be 5-10sec freezes... its absolutely annoying

and one specific case i know is the cadry fighter mob at cadrys. hits from this enemy always causes this freeze. at least for me. and its only the cadry figher, none of the other cadry mobs

12. Buxx

Buxx Lahn 62 EU

Any news on this one?

13. Celador

Oh, so this is a bug? I thought Cadry Fighters were just really brutal to deal with and was wondering why I was finding Gahaz Bandits a cakewalk by comparison when they're the same AP range.

Yes, this bug is horrendous, producing a 4-5 second freeze on hit from a Cadry Fighter.

14. GM Dew

Game Master

Hi everyone,

Could you let me know if you are currently still experiencing the same issue? And if so, how often it happens to you?

Best regards,
    GM Dew

15. Ganta

@GM Dew
    We all gave up ... the animation is still there ...
    I accepted it as the new "you are stunned bro" Animation...

Kusaragii likes this.
  16. Songhi

Took several months off of BDO, returned to see that this has not been corrected. The animation bug still exists. Guess I'll take several more months off BDO till it's fixed.

17. Songhi

And yea, you should come find me and duel me, all it takes is a stun and you're bloody stuck. It's not restricted to Witch, I've had it happen on my sorceress, my lahn, my wizard.... all of my characters.

18. Songhi

I sent in a ticket... perhaps that is what needs to be done to get this fixed.

19. Lycanbeast

This happens to me sitting in Heidel with the game minimized to tray. I bring the game back up and have a completely unresponsive character while the world around me is moving as it should. Sometimes this "stun" fades with time, sometimes not. I haven't even been actively playing the game in a month. Surprised this issue hasn't been solved yet. Almost to the point I might just stop collecting rewards as well.

20. Kn0xxPT

Kn0xxPT Striker 62 EU

There is a random freezing happening .. and its not only combat related.
    Yesterday,
    Heidel Storage Window Open for a period ..like 5 to 10 minutes, after I close the window and go down the stairs the toon got "freezed".. needed to switch characters to "unfreeze"
    other day happened with Marketplace.