1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

August 11th Remastered showcase

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by TwilightAngel, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Vanadiel

It says August 23, not August 11...

2. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Ninja

Check the 4K reveal trailer. August 11th at 15:00 (KR timezone)

3. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

Theres a show case on the 11th, I believe the update will be available on the 23rd.

4. Loriel

Loriel Witch 62

This reminds me reshade for GW2.. they implement rehade for BDO?

5. Shichi88

Shichi88 Striker NA

Reshade isnt what this is. Reshade has been available for bdo long before already. This is likely to be a complete overhaul of their lighting, not a graphic update, I think/hope.

6. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush CreamLemon Witch 62 NA

Take a look at the actual images not just the flares.... its a full rework.

7. TwilightAngel

The Showcase will begin
    at 15:00 (KR) on Aug 11,2018.
    Stay Tuned!

8. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Archer 62 EU

i think its time to come back playing bdo, this is balance we need!

Smilence likes this.
  9. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

It's not. It is only for remastered version

10. Shichi88

Shichi88 Striker NA

I dont think its a full rework, I think its only lighting changes not a full rework, that'd kill most ppl's pc's tbh, unless its really well optimized.

11. Lemon Crush

They better have icons that scale for higher resolution thats all I gotta say.

Draconnix and Veight like this.
  12. Wildcard

Maybe, just maybe, a blonde toon stays blonde and a redhead won't glow in the dark with that remastered stuff?

Draconnix and iller like this.
  13. Loriel

Loriel Witch 62

Looks like more shiny especially sun. But dont get me wrong it looks nice and i like it. I wonder if they improve UI as well. For example life/mana bar could be bigger. Buff icons are sometimes a messy. I noticed new event food got merged icon or for example alchemy stone too. Potion buffs are blue now which helps recognize them as well. I wish they would do same for old foods and skill addons buffs something more unique. I know its not so important. But long noodle similar looking buffs was awful and messy and it is getting better. Bit off topic ... right ? ... Okay ...:|

14. Lemon Crush

I am assuming thats what they mean by 4k support.... right now you cant really scale anything if you are on a 4k display and everything is super small.

The rest is more UI stuff lol we are just talking graphics I think here for remastered. Looks like a full shader rework on the engine not just post processing.

Loriel likes this.
  15. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

We better see renown adjustment, class balance in the works based on feedback from test server, pop in fix, and adjusted leveling/storyline content...Otherwise, it might as well be a buncha lens flair, and lighting garbage only newbies would care about.

I imagine it is because the dev teamed learned to optimize, trying to shove this game into an XBOX 1X format to run at a certain FPS. Like NASA they made it smaller, with your investment.

16. Joungf

Remastered or just little bit tuned?

17. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

As I said in another topic, a video game company has several teams of devs, each one working independantly from the others on one aspect of the game. This allow devs to improve the game more efficiently.

Therefore, the fact the we will get soon an update to the graphic engine doesn't mean they are not working at the same time on renown, balance etc, it just means that this specifi part of the game (engine) is ready for an update.

Also more people than you think enjoy a modern engine, not only newbies as you say. If you ask why people don't like WoW for example, many will tell you that the graphics are outdated, so this aspect of the game is important to keep upto date to please players.

Wildcard and Hieix like this.
  18. Zegram

Yo don't forget this also comes with an audio remaster for all the music, they gon and redid all of it with an orchestra. Lets be real, hate the game and systems as much as you want but the music is 100% bangin!

Chaos Ronin likes this.
  19. Rizzly

Rizzly Berserker 62 EU

So the showcase will start Aug 11th 8AM CEST right? Since they are 7 hours ahead from CEST.

20. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

I do not hope that you are wrong...But, based on experience, and if I had to place a bet against someone...Id claim you naive, and a person hopeful..much like a newbie that attempts a Pen with only 20 FS.

Nothing you typed is reflective of this company...But chance may be on your side.