1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Auto grind and farm (like the mobile version)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by NESTINAR, May 27, 2018.

1. NESTINAR

I think this is verry effective thing to put in the game
    It will cool down the drama about the freaking enchant grind if you can kill mobs while afk and it will boost the game population
    There will be more pvp and better geared players for pvp
    Even the people who like to pk will have fun while searching for afk-ers to kill its a win win :)

2. Angryman

Worst suggestion ever :|

Sizer, Dalenos, SouthRambo and 4 others like this.
  3. Alexandrious

Maxi_Moot likes this.
  4. Happywall

this

5. NESTINAR

Why?
    Cuz the bot's selleres and abusers will lose money?
    Cuz the no lifers are gonna lose there place in the game?
    Cuz evrything will be easyer to get so we can enjoy all the content?
    Ohh yes state your reason why not? :D

6. Daddy_Please

I can't speak for everyone but you'd be killing the game for the people who play it for the grinding. I personally enjoy turning on some music with a cup of coffee and just grinding for 1 or 2 sometimes 3 hours. I loved the combat in BDO for my class and now I enjoy it a bit less sure but I would not like to see this implemented into the PC version. So my reasoning is selfish yes but this is how I feel about AFK grinding. Also most pvp I've experienced in BDO has been over grind spots or just open world conflicts. NW's seemed pretty zergy and that's not my thing.

TL;DR I don't like the idea of that.

UltraHeaven and Meldaza like this.
  7. Angryman

Why do you play a game if you don't have to play it?
    Give everyone a lvl 63 char with PEN stuff and make BDO street fighter game.

8. Shutara

Shutara Shutara Ninja 57 EU

Auto-combat is literally the worst idea possible to implement. Auto-pathing should be enough, even though it still takes away the charm of "hardcore" game when you can just press autorun, go do your chores, then go back and boom you made it thorugh.
    Guess I both like it and dislike at the same time :D

9. NESTINAR

SO ****ING STUPID!
    WELL THAN GRIND ALL YOU WANT WITH NO AUTO PLAY DO THE STUFF MANUALY!
    What about the people who dont have time to waste on a same boring routine with the same mobs with the same ****?
    Well yeah if all players get gear the no lifers will cry that they cant kill players cuz there lack of skill :)
    I will say it again
    NO ONE WILL STRIP YOU OFF THE MANUAL GRIND SO YOU CAN ZOMBIE AND WASTE YOUR TIME ON MINDLESS KILLING THE SAME MOB'S OVER AND OVER LIKE A RETIRD!!!
    Some people sound like a broken record or a parot :D

10. Foxens

Foxens ID0 Ninja 61 EU

Ur reguest has nothing to do with playing a game even afk lifeskill activity has nothing to do with playing a game if u dont wanna play a game then dont play it. :/ Alot of people forget what it mean to play a game. Thats sad.

11. Shutara

Man take a chill pill.

Oh the irony.

12. Redarion

After grinding a shameful number of total hours while watching movies/shows on Netflix/Hulu/TV, I would like auto grinding. It's no different than the mobile version. It's always funny to see how people think.

On mobile: Good.
    On PC: Bad.

Hilarious with contradictions and hypocrisy.

flukeSG2 likes this.
  13. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

...doesn't KR already have this feature? If they do, I imagine it's only time until we get it and I won't mind it. It can supplement your normal grind it doesn't have to replace it.

NESTINAR likes this.
  14. Shutara

Phone =/= PC.
    If You don't play games for having this feeling of satisfaction, then for what?
    Maybe watching as your geared char controlled by game deals 13598k of dmg per sec to AI-less mobs brings You joy?
    Then it's fine and something's wrong with me as a gamer , I guess. :)

15. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

Why do you assume an AFK grind will replace an actual grind session? Why do you assume someone is going to stare at their character as it mindlessly goes about it's business grinding?

As I said, I remember reading about a system being added to KR or coming soon, where you can AFK grind on dummies. You make considerably less EXP gains through this method, so it doesn't necessarily mean it's a replacement, but a supplement.

Redarion likes this.
  16. Shutara

Making it less efficient by auto-grinding is some kind of "fairness", I guess. But anyhow:

[imo]
    I don't assume anything except this sad and growing trend of game(r)s turning to lazy sloths. If one has no time to spare to play, what's the point? Of course, If one decide to auto-play the game, surely he won't waste time and will keep on watching movies/working at office. But then again - what is the point of playing the game in the first place, if not to have fun while doing so?
    Making games I-don't-have-time-to-waste-by-playing-it-myself oriented just ruins the whole concept for people who still want to have fun in multiplayer games. Especially in MMORPG's. Not MMOAuto-Play-G's.

To each his own, but I don't see myself logging in just to turn on my legal bot to farm for half a day. That's just not for me. I'd rather see auto-play in single player games, when You can just watch the story as it goes without making an effort by yourself. But if in Multiplayer game - just make it black and white. Only auto-**** or no at all.
    [/imo]

Foxens likes this.
  17. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

The developers pushed us toward that style of play from the first day it was released. With all the AFK activities you can do and many of them when you reach the upper levels are the best method of income to progress your gear.

Are AFK activities any less mind numbing than the repetition of killing unchanging mobs over and over again? Even if you change the mob, the mechanics remain in place. Everyone I know who grinds for lengths of time are doing it on "auto pilot", meaning they have Netflix or something occupying their attention while they grind with little attention required.

The game already feels like it's a "mobile" hybrid, especially with how they made the cash shop and not-so-micro transactions for everything.

18. Shutara

I fully agree. I just expected something slightly different when entering the game; I feel like playing it the way I want brings not enough satisfaction because of design towards facilitation and how my style differs from most of playerbase.

Sadly, the top combat system and eye candy graphics are kept in a cage of laziness and money.

flukeSG2 likes this.
  19. elephantgrey

Please no, people need to afk process to keep the MP alive. This is also why I think koi event was worst thing to happen to game.

The last thing they need to do is discourage people from processing.

20. Angryman

If you don t have the time to play just don t play lol
    Even why do you play BDO if you don t like grinding?
    Whatever i m against computer turn on all the day 24/24,7/7 because it's against ecology.