1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response awakening quest, need help!

Discussion in 'New Adventurers' started by PKaBoo, Sep 5, 2017.

1. PKaBoo

PKaBoo Tamer 62 EU

I boosted my friend to 56, he's a new player but wanted to get started right on "post~awakening" phase... so I told him "sure why not <.<" .... since he didn't do as I did when first started (talk to EVERY NPC that I see in my path with a ? over its head / over the map ) ... and we did questing while lvled up my dark knight with him just to finish the tutorial part and past the heidel city part to talk to tito I think (that's where we stopped and started simply grind, well I grinded he walked behind me *blush* ) now as he reached 56 and tried talk to the awakening quest npc in calpheon (he's a valk) npc told him he doesn't have enough knowledge to talk to him so we talked to all the npcs in the city... (at least I hope he talked to all the npcs :/ ) and tried again... and nothing :/
    I never had that problem coz my first toon I quested my S off and not been a grinding machine like I am today lol so I had tons of energy and cp b4 made it to awakening part... and I honestly have no idea how to help him in the situation... I tried google and found nothing there... any suggestions what might be the "step back" to get his awakening npc let him talk to him? lol
    if I knew he will get stuck because we were rushing I'd just let him quest peacefully and get to 56 eventually even if it would take a few weeks by questing and grinding :c I feel bad now coz he was so hyped on getting his awakening wep and skills :(

2. JeuLinaI

I suggest him to do the black spirit quests until he officially arrives in Calpheon.
    Then he'll got a 'city tour' quest during wich he'll meet 4-5 major NPC of Calpheon (including one related to valks)
    Even if his awak NPC isn't among these 4-5, he should be able to gain knowledge of more NPC starting with these ones.

3. PKaBoo

PKaBoo Tamer 62 EU

I asked my guild n one of them suggested to simply talk to all the city npcs... if he needs do all the story Qs to calpheon to do his awakening quest he's not gonna b happy x.x
    meh :/
    we even went through the library and talked to everything there but he still couldnt proceed with his awakening Q :(

4. GM Mercy

Game Master

Hello @PKaBoo

This is the awakening quest: http://bddatabase.net/us/quest/298/1/ If you check it out, you can see that there is some requirements to getting this quest. Maybe you two can follow those quests until you get the quest to unlock awakening :) I myself do not have a Valkyrie passed 56 so I'm not 100% familiar with the quest, but my lovely GM colleagues have pointed me into the right direction so hopefully I can point you further.

5. PKaBoo

PKaBoo Tamer 62 EU

that's not really helpful and been on that page b4...
    it doesn't say ANYTHING bout "pre quests" required only points out for nxt stages <.<
    it really frustrates the both of us... I never boosted some1 to 56 who is a NEW player and I know how much excited he was to get his awakening skills and start actually fight BY my side and not run behind me like some retard :/ gonna look up on the knowledge books npc maybe it will shed some light on this situation...
    I really have no solution for him other than do the freakin story Q... which might not really b necessary but I have no idea what else I can offer him at this point, google didn't even help this situation :(

6. sthammack57

sthammack57 LedHammack Lahn 62 NA

Once you have received the quest from the black spirit approach the NPC, press R, select quest tab. You don't need to have "conversation" with NPC to implement.

7. GM Mercy

Game Master

Okay, so Ceras Feresio does not hand over the quest. Let's start from the bottom then. Has your friend checked his quest filters? Make sure that every quest filter box is ticked so he can see them all :)

8. PKaBoo

PKaBoo Tamer 62 EU

[​IMG]

this is what he gets when he tries converse with him....
    how to fix this? lol

*update* ~ we fixed it XD ! he needed talk to seekhunt volaire lol

#8 PKaBoo, Sep 5, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
    Amarenda likes this.