1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Awakening weapon human damage

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Wige, Oct 7, 2017.

1. Wige

I just found out that Ultimate awakening weapon's additional damage to humans doesn't seem to work. Can you please investigate and possibly fix this?

2. GM Haliaeetus

Game Master

Hey @Wige, thanks for reporting this to us, I've followed this to be looked into by our QA team. If you can provide any additional information (that helped you reach this conclusion) it would be awesome!

3. Wige

4. Capitaine Courage

They don't have identical AP actually.
    Never forget that each weapon has hidden stats. The lines under "enhancements effects", and nobody knows exactly what real values are hidden behind these.
    Dandelion has more hidden AP than Ultimate blue for sure.

5. Wige

If this is the case then those tooltips needs to be changed asap to prevent people from investing a lot of money and time into a weapon that does not perform as well as the tooltip leads you to believe.

Also worth mentioning is that your comment is pure speculation which is also why I want devs to investigate this and find out if it's working as intended.

6. Capitaine Courage

It as been tested numerous times.
    For example, we know that Liverto and Kzarka have the exact same sheet AP, and the same tooltip regarding "enhancement effect".
    Just looking at the tooltip, the only difference is one with + 3 crit, and the other with + 3 attack / cast speed, with the same "enahcements effects"

All AP up
    All Accuracy up

Liverto
    http://bddatabase.net/us/item/10009/

Kzarka
    http://bddatabase.net/us/item/10010/

And the real values of how much accuracy you gain at each enhancement level are never given directly.
    But Kzarka gives more accuracy than Liverto actually, it has been tested numerous times.

These "Enhancement effect" on weapons tooltips are usually where the real value of the weapons are, and what differenciate them and justify their prices and tiers.

The tooltips are vague on purpose (such as other purposely hidden mechanics), that's Pearl Abyss own decision, because they want players to test things and figure it out, that has already been stated numerous times by PA themselves.
    You should already know that if you're an veteran player as your profile suggests (but maybe you started the game not long ago actually).

#6 Capitaine Courage, Oct 12, 2017 at 4:01 PM
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2017 at 4:14 PM
  7. Wige

I know that the weapons give different amount of accuracy and that's fine because the tooltip doesn't specify how much accuracy you get. AP is totally different mater because the tooltip gives you an exact number and it's unreasonable to expect that people should automatically know it's a lie. Your point overall here is weird because no test have ever pointed out that weapons have hidden AP. Quite the contrary actually. All pre-awakened weapons seems to do exactly the same damage if the AP value in tooltip is the same. And yes I'm a veteran player, I have been playing since day 1.

Also, why are we even having this conversation? Are you really trying to say that this mater should not be investigated just because there are other hidden stats in the game?

8. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 60 NA

Like for real, here is a thing, BOSS GEAR which includes weapon and armor will always be better then NON-BOSS GEAR, I still don't understand why people think otherwise. That little human damage on your yellow trash ultimate weapon will never be better then Dandelion Weapon. Its called BOSS GEAR for a reason, thats why its rare and hard to get because its superior to any other gear in game.

9. Foggen

And yet for most classes the consensus is Ultimate AP offhand is better than Nouver.

10. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 60 NA

Ok, lets get this straight. Nouver is crap and everybody knows that, so lets exclude it.

11. Wige

Literally no-one in this thread said that Ultimate is or should be better than Dandelion, so can you please drop that elitist attitude of yours?

#11 Wige, Oct 12, 2017 at 7:30 PM
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2017 at 8:30 PM
  12. Foggen

DENIED. IT'S CALLED BOSS GEAR FOR A REASON

13. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 60 NA

Except everyone knows Nouver is crap but OK.

14. Capitaine Courage

Because I'm quite sure that hidden AP is actually the root of your problem.
    On your weapon there are 2 AP stats actually, our sources

The one you see in raw numbers going up when you enhance. It's the base stat.
    This base AP is not the AP mentionned in the "enhancement effects" under the line "All AP up".
    Its just the AP that goes up for example when going DUO to TRI, so 94-98 > 106-110, just the base AP

And the hidden AP, the one you don't see, which is the one concerned by the "All AP up", and is the only one concerned by that line in the tooltip.

Take this sword.

http://bddatabase.net/us/item/10008

When you enhance it, you can see that its base AP goes up.
    But only accuracy is mentionned under the line "Enhancement effects". It doesn't have the "All AP up", and yet you can see AP going up when enhancing.
    This weapon has no hidden AP, only hidden accuracy.

It's the same thing for armors for example, or offhand weapons.
    Take a shield for example :

http://bddatabase.net/us/item/10109

When you enhance it, its DP goes up, and its AP also beyond a certain lvl. But it's not mentioned under the line "enhancement effects", simply because said line only concerns hidden stats, not base stats

So even if your TRI Dandelion has the same base AP than your TET Ultimate (106 - 115), the Dandelion has actually more hidden AP, which cannot be compensated by the human damage of the Ultimate (Hidden or not).

And to be honest, everything regarding UI or tooltips is a hot mess in this game anyways.

#14 Capitaine Courage, Oct 12, 2017 at 9:06 PM
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2017 at 10:34 PM
  15. Wige

All what you just said is 100% pure speculation backed by non of the tests I have ever seen. No-one have ever been able confirm the existence of this hidden AP that you talk about but there are several tests where people have used different weapons with different enchant levels and with identical or close to identical AP values. In all of those tests the weapons have done the same damage which suggest that this hidden AP you talk about doesn't exist.

All I want is devs to investigate this and see if it's working as intended or not. I'm not interested about your speculation and self made "facts".