1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back after a while... Kuno and DK state ?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Kaisenpai, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Kaisenpai

Kaisenpai Ranger 61 EU

Hello im back to the game after a long break (1 year or so)

I sold all my rangers weap to start a new char (I left the game cause I felt my Ranger boring at some point)

I'm hesitating between DK and Kuno, whats her states atm ? are they good or trash ?

I mean i'm not the dude how plays only broken class, but i'm also not the dude who plays trash class

Can you help me decide ? Which one of her are better in pve - pvp - wb etc etc
    I'm thinking Kuno would be better since I really liked Rangers gameplay before the Absolute things, whats your thoughts ?

(And also should I buy Offin or Kzarka ?)

TY

2. Rizzly

Rizzly Berserker 62 EU

Hello mister dude that doesn't play only broken class but also not the dude who plays trash class
    Kuno was buffed a little too much earlier
    That's all you wanted to know

3. zhagsten

It think you should make a trial character and see what suits you.

4. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

Dk is easier to learn and great at pve not so great at pvp unless top geared. Kuno is a lot of fun and I would suggest that her awakening is even more fun that her pre.
    In the end it comes down to what you like so I would suggest you create one of each in the trial character section of the game. Or just create both and run them up to awakening as it is not that time consuming. After you know which you prefer is the time to buy gear for her.
    In the mean time do the quests from the black spirit and the main story quests and use the gear you get from the rewards.

#4 Phoenixxx75, Jul 20, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  5. ghoulz666

Might have chosen to main DK a while back, but it's current state is garbage.

How many tweaks did witchards receive over time. DK is in need of dire changes and overall QoL.

Erroll likes this.
  6. Blitzball

DK is trash at PVP , but good at PVE.

Kuno is trash at PVE , but still playable at PVP , big damage on her spin. A bit tricky in 1v1 , because she lacks of protected CC and overall protections. Large-scale is basically Stomp - Spin - Snatch.

DK has too many gaps in her Super Armors , and damage isn't that great compared to others classes at same AP. 1v1 can be hard against some classes. DK needs a high amount of AP to be relevant in PVP. Her i-frames have been nerfed years ago and she has no grab so it can be very hard to beat some class like Warrior or Striker, especially if you can't break their block.

If you're a returning player, you probably lack gear. So i suggest you to take a good PVE class first , to make the grind easier. Go with DK if you like her. Just don't care about the PVP for now. All classes need high gear to be relevant in the PVP scene ( 261AP / 296DP at least ).

Just play a class that you find fun , good at PVE if possible. :)

Erroll and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  7. Dannyswe1235

Dannyswe1235 Kunoichi 62 EU

ltittle too little in pve :(

8. Kaisenpai

Kaisenpai Ranger 61 EU

Idk if I lack gear i'm full TRI BOSS armor

and I have enough money to buy ful TRI Boss weap (or even a TET if I buy just one TRI boss offhand)

I forgot to mention that, sure I enjoy PvP, but I spent and I'll spend 75% of my time doing PvE as I enjoy grinding

DK better for PVE
    Kuno Better for P¨VP? is she that bad in pve?

9. Erroll

Erroll DarkKnight 63

Just don't pick DK, even at high AP she's bad at PvP (277 AP here and believe me, many other classe are able to do better damage with less ap).

About PvE, she's "ok" in endgame.

Devs said that they are currently balance classes... But if it take 8 month zzz

GreyRebel likes this.
  10. Kaisenpai

Kaisenpai Ranger 61 EU

aaaaaaaand one last question related to my last post

Whats best ? Should I buy TRI Nouver and TRI Kutum or just one (if yes, which) so I can Buy a main or awak TET instead of TRI?

11. Alterist

Senior Volunteer Moderator

Kutum.

TET Nouver is only better at 261 AP (249 w/ Kutum) to 272 AP (260 w/ Kutum), before and after that Kutum deals more damage in PvE, of course Nouver makes sense if you PvP a lot.

And in regards to the topic. This summer Pearl Abyss plans to add a new feature called "succession" (name can change), which basically awakens your pre-awakening in some currently unknown form, which can shift the class balance and how you play the class by a lot again, just something to keep in mind.

12. Dannyswe1235

kuno is top tier in 1v1 so yea

13. Seilla

Make a sorc. I rerolled a few months before to it, because I was tired of PA and their class balances. Since reroll, no class take my spots anymore. The amount of salt you receive when you can Iframe and down smash CC combos is enormous. Probably creating a salty video soon lol

#13 Seilla, Jul 20, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  14. Kaisenpai

Kaisenpai Ranger 61 EU

you mean like new aboslute or some **** ?

15. Dannyswe1235

succession system will add new pre awk skills and buff the pre awk skills(i think) and will only be able to use few awk skill if you chose succession instead of awk