1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Randomly selected winners for holding 100/200/500 Rum items at the end of the event has been selected and prizes have been sent out. Please check your in-game mailbox (B) to see if you’ve won!
    Dismiss Notice

Bad Changes that don't Make Sense.....Sigh....

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Pavo, Oct 10, 2018 at 4:42 PM.

1. Pavo

The following sentence has been added to the item tooltip of Summon Scroll items and in the message that appears when using a Summon Scroll item.

• ※ You cannot attack summoned monsters on servers with Node/Conquest Wars in progress.

This has been in the game since you guys made the change to field/ world bosses disabling pvp on same channels as spawn.

Instead of making it so you can't summon the scroll, you guys allow us to summon the scroll, but we cannot do damage to the summoned monster.

Seriously, who decided this need to work like this? I don't even understand why summoned monsters become invulnerable, but the fact you guys can't prevent the summon in the first place, just shows how amazing unprofessional and outright stupid the devs are.

This is where my animosity towards KAKA/ PA comes from. They cannot do anything at all right and just make stupid decisions on top of stupid decisions.

#1 Pavo, Oct 10, 2018 at 4:42 PM
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2018 at 5:10 PM
    Josh28, Thelemna, SexyNoona and 8 others like this.
  2. Factorial

3. Tazmanyak

I completely support this post !
    PA unability to correctly fix their own **** at its maximum here :)

Shenzaar likes this.
  4. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

Bunch of usless trash..still wizard issues getting stock while using awakening skills.

5. TeRRoRibleOne

ehh, you shouldn't be on node/siege channels during war anyway. they should just disconnect everyone on there to free up resources

6. MaIefic

MaIefic TwinTaiIs Witch 61 NA

They'd need a way to restart everyone's afking too then or people will complain. Or maybe people would learn not to afk on said channels. Preferably the second.

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  7. Reigne Irkalla

Or just give them incentive to AFK on other channels.

8. Pavo

To clarify.....

1. This has been like this since they made field/ world bosses spawning disabling pvp.....so a while now

2. Why allow us to spawn it in the first place. If this is so serious, you could make it so you can't use scrolls on any of the channel 1, but I guess that would be too smart.....

Thelemna likes this.
  9. yukishiro1

It does seem startlingly incompetent.

Well, startling if it weren't this company.

Factorial and Shenzaar like this.
  10. Escapism

just make wars & sieges happen in seperate instanced channels for them already? No more issues about nw-channels at all anymore, MUCH less lags and other issues during wars and sieges.

But heeelll no! this game "doesnt have" instanced areas to fully support and stay through to its open-world flavor and authenticity. *cough* player-housing, *cough* mob despawn during nw, *cough* ~45 channels *cough*

Factorial likes this.
  11. ThePurp

Kakao doesn't do ****, get it right, Kakao's only job was to publish the game in NA/EU nothing else, PA runs all the updates.

Souda likes this.
  12. Jabolexor

Wikipedia:
    "Good cop/bad cop" routine, also called joint questioning or friend and foe,[1] is a psychological tactic used in negotiation and interrogation.[2] "Good cop/bad cop" tactics involve a team of two interrogators who take apparently opposing approaches to the subject. The interrogators may interview the subject alternately or may confront the subject at the same time.

13. Kurano

Kurano Kurano Berserker 61 NA

If you havent noticed by now, BDO is horribly coded and as such... I think their only really option in most cases is these work around band aid ideas.

Im sure there are still instance where they are just plain inept and lack logic but Im guessing in the majority its due to the mess of code and hiring 4th tier workers after the main product was produced. Remember profit matters above all else, now shut up get back in the milking line and swipe that card.

Factorial likes this.
  14. Pavo

Thanks Captain Obvious. Also you are wrong as Kaka have stated multiple times they are in charge of/ have access to localisation as well.

Not like I didn't **** on both, but thanks for trying to sound smart while being incorrect and not being ashamed to put it in writing so I can quote you!

15. Information

Who cares who runs the updates, our communication channel is Kakao, not PA. We don't have to care about who's responsible.

Factorial likes this.
  16. Reuter

Reuter Tamer 62 EU

If only this would be the only problem this game had.

17. Schinrah

That moment when you forget you're still on a "1" channel and already used your scroll only to realize....oh snap...
    Totally agree, what's so hard to prevent you from summoning in the first place? A useless afk emote animation prevents it, being a meter outside the summon zone prevents. Why is it so hard to add "be on a server that does not have conquest running" and "spawning not available during worldbosses" to that list?
    It isn't a terribly big issue, sure, and it rarely happens, but it does show how useless and incompetent they are. To any normal person this seems to be sth. that should be easily fixed and should've have been done that way right off the bat. But nope, can't expect reason from these guys.

Instead we still get fixes like "fixed that clipping issue that occurs with that day 1 tamer outfit that occurs when you do X" friggin years later.....(funnily enough still plenty of those to go.....)

Factorial and Pavo like this.
  18. TeRRoRibleOne

Why help them? They should LEARN not afk on those channels because of that. I try my hardest to try to get them to learn.... Every node war I kill every single afk horse rider that leaves town. It's easier to do a mass disconnect 15 minutes before the node/siege, they've done it in the past.

19. Mana_Mafia

The incentive would be not getting kicked off and having your AFK activities interrupted.

Seems like plenty incentive.

20. Pavo

What exactly are you arguing here? Did you misunderstand or misread the OP?

I was simply making fun of them. I also, just to not be a ****, asked/ stated that if this is so important, why not just disable summoning scrolls on all Channel 1's. Boom, solved and got the job done.

There are so many better/ smarter/ more efficient ways of getting this done. Like you also stated, I had this done to me once, now I personally don't do scrolls on any channel 1's. That also wasn't the point of the thread, nor did I ever complain about that issue.

I simply was making fun of them that they can't do anything right, yet think this is important enough to do, for some reason. In over 2 years of doing scrolls this wasn't an issue, nor do I recall ever seeing 1 thread on both this site and reddit asking for any type of change like this.

Yet they found it necessary to implement this a while ago, just getting to updated a simple tool tip months late(r), yet can't just disable using scrolls on channel 1 of each cluster, since clearly this is an important issue for them.