1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Balance ideas

Discussion in 'Mystic' started by Temmo, May 17, 2018.

1. Temmo

So, since ive seen alot of people crying about the changes (understandably), Ive thought to myself instead of doing that, why not suggest balance changes to help fix mystics Awa skills.
    1st off I do not want to see mystic completely reverted since she was very strong with infinity SA cycling, that said we need more SAs back.
    I dont know if this is gonna do anything at all, but at least ill have it off my mind.
    (And yes i know other classes got ****ed just as hard or harder, but i dont know them enough to suggest skill changes).

So now id like to go through every skill that has been changed in awakening stance beginning from the top.

Tranquility: Super armor removed.
    Personally id like to see super armor added back to the skill since its not even a cc and has a 40s cooldown.
    Given the circumstances, this is low priority tho.

Infinite Fortitude: Who even looks at this skill?

Tidal Burst: Super armor removed.
    This skill in my opinion does not need its super armor back, since normally you would combo the 1st 2 hits of rapid stream with Tidal bursts last 2 ones and by then you have a chance of Stun from rapid stream.

Spiral Torpedo: Super armor removed.
    This one hits quite hard since it was a great safe engage tool with CC options.
    But even here i would think it was a little bit too strong since you could dash through someone with it and back attack knockdown the target.
    Personally id much rather see it given back the super armor and stripped of the cc instead.
    >(Maybe give it back the 500hp regen taken from it)

Double step: was fixed 16.5

Rapid stream: FG removed.
    Id like to see this skill fully reverted since it was one engage tool that comboed nicely into other skills

Sea Burial: Super armor removed.
    Give it back the super armor and take the cc from this skill instead.

Flow: Sea burial: Super armor removed
    Keep this one removed so that other classes have a small window to cc us between skills.
    It still has knockdown on it so that you can cc after the safedash engage from sea burial.

Rising Dragon: Super armor added.
    Couldnt care less about this skill, remove SA again.

Wave Orb: Super armor removed.
    Personally id much rather prefer to have no frontal guard at all and SA for the whole duration of the cast+ animation instead. Hell remove the CC+30% Debuff on it as well.
    Since this attack is normally just used when enemy is already on the ground adding another cc to this skill seems unnecessary, and the 30% debuff just feels annoying for everyone. We already have the 30% debuff on Dragon's Pit and in my opinion using that skill in a skilled fashion should reward more than just using Wave orb.

This is my take on balancing mystics awakening skills.
    The only remaining skill I would like to talk about is

Crouching Wolf: 3s cooldown added.
    Personally I am fine with this change since SA every 2s was very strong.
    It is kind of annoying when it comes to the feeling of rotations but feels fair overall.

The other defense strips taken from Pre-awa this patch seem ok to me.

So with this id like to conclude my post and ask all of you what are your opinions on these proposed skillchanges.
    Would you balance differently if yes which skills would you change and how?
    Again I do not know if this is gonna do anything at all,(Probably not) but just wanted to write it.

2. Tradis

I agree with the spiral torpedo(less the healing revert) and dragon rising idea.

The rest is meh. You can initiate sea burial with twisted collision for free frontal guard. The wave orb can be charged and relocated with a dash giving it both a transient super armor and frontal guard.

Also, infinite fortitude is amazing. It is a portable super armor with protected area and grapple resist and a free knockdown. Even if you are grappled out of it, you keep the PA buff for the full duration of 5 seconds while building BSR, getting potion cc extra heal and cc immunity to counter.

3. Temmo

Twisted collision into sea burial only protects you during the upsmash, while traveling you get sniped out of it really easily. I had that happen to me multiple times through ranged classes.
    And ye i agree Wave orb is fine as is for most parts.

I think my gripes with Infinite Fortitude isnt the buff portion but it being so stationary that people can just wait it out.
    And ye the spiral torpedo heal revert is a big maybe in my books as well. It would be a nice addition to not have to go through extra animation everytime to heal back 500hp but that is more quality of life changes and would probably make kick useless again

Thanks for your opinion

4. Cheeze

I just want FG on wave orb all the way. ATM I use it for just block it's pretty useless as an offensive skill, you will be CCed in group fights and will waste your martial spirits. I don't really care about spiral torpedo it's not on at all.. damage not great and you can be grabbed out of it easily. I would love sa on sea burial though. It's slower but you can change directions in mid air.

5. Hekki

********, need to revert all changes since beginning of year.

6. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Mystic 61 EU

Revert everything and jus don't touch her.. She was fine as she was after the heal got moved to an unprotected skill.

7. Zeyn

Ehmm no. Git gud.

R.Prescott, Kyouki and Souda like this.
  8. I get more joy out watching braindead classes like mystic (and warrior) crying about their changes then I do getting sad watching my class go back into the gutter.

9. farsay

farsay Mystic 62 NA

learn to speak english mister brainiac. also, go sit in the corner

10. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Mystic 61 EU

Yes.. what an insightful post. Did you struggle with mystics? Reread your post if you want some advice. The only ones who struggled to kill her were undergeared noobs :)

11. lol

12. Zeyn

Interpretation of your post:
    Please I need to be op coz I cannot faceroll anymore. She was not op just every mystic player was skilled enough to kill everything withouth any problem.
    Okayy.
    L2p
    Xoxo

R.Prescott likes this.
  13. ifDragon

Just give me a rollback. This just isn't the same class anymore. Like not saying that symbolicly she literally doesn't have the aggressive playstyle she used to have so why play her?

She used to be fun, fast, sticky and so much pressure. She could just like, stick to someone in 1v1 and small engages and just stay on them and that was just really fun. Now she's just tissue paper that dissolves when wet and hit by the slightest breeze.

14. ifDragon

Also grinding is a harder because of these changes like come one. We already didn't have the best clear speed and now it's worse cause we're just on our butt from being CC and the lack of protection

15. Kyouki

L2P

16. Gingen

Gingen Guildmarm Sorceress 59 NA

If they insist on keeping us without any defensive capabilities, I would like them to buff our damage. We're still very low damage atm and unable to keep up on most things. When we had more SA and FG, our sustained damage output made up for that. Lacking that now, we need improvements.

17. farsay

farsay Mystic 62 NA

That’s like amputation of both legs and telling me l2walk, if you don’t have anything to say just be quiet please

18. Tradis

Stubbing your pinky toe isn't exactly an amputation of your legs. Walk it off, drama queen.

19. farsay

farsay Mystic 62 NA

take all her awaken SA, and making her the lowest damage dealer in the game plus nerfing her CC is not a pinky toe stab, your opinion is absolute garbage tbh

20. R.Prescott

What's happened to Ranger and Valk is leg amputation, almost quite literally thanks to stamina adjustments, so maybe like a sprained ankle for Mystic would be a better anecdote. Regardless, a lot of classes have become quite boring to play with recent changes and I doubt they'll stay like this by the time the changes are through. PA do not care what is said on the English forums, so you're better off waiting to see what happens in the end first.