1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Working as Intended Balenos fishing rod enhancement bug

Discussion in 'Items' started by bananedc, Sep 30, 2020.

1. bananedc

Hey everyone,

I was quite mindlessly enhancing a balenos fishing rod that was already +7, i succeed and it goes to +8, than i succeed again and it's still +8. Thinking I must have been mistaken about the initial level i try again, again i succeed and i can see the +8 change into... another +8. Am I missing something gameplay-wise or is it a bug?

Thanks in advance!

2. Megta

Megta Archer EU

Are you shure you didn't fail at least once, while trying to bring it from +8 to +9? I don't know if there is just a chance or it is 100% that if you fail the rod will drop to +7.

3. bananedc

Can't say for certain for the first two attempts but for the last one i carefully clicked and it went from +8 to +8 (just restarted the game to be sure but it's still +8 )

4. Megta

Megta Archer EU

Try to again, and this time you should record it.
    Or at least take a few screenshots (before, during, after)

5. bananedc

Ok my bad i saw it go to +7 this time...

6. GM Sayla

Game Master

Hello! Yes, as @Megta mentioned, it is likely a slight misunderstanding. The fishing rods do decrease in enhancement level when trying to enhance them above a certain threshold and failing to do so as you've been able to check afterwards.