1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Balenos Rod vs Epheria Rod (+10)

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by badvibe, Aug 12, 2019.

?

Balenos vs Epheria

1. Branded +10 Balenos Rod

94.4%
  2. Branded +10 Epheria Rod

5.6%
  1. badvibe

When you fish with a branded +10 balenos rod you can usually get 192 slots while fishing (or so I've heard.) Since they implemented the new choosing feature for types of fish I was curious as to what is more efficient for margoria fishing. If I were to select blue fish+ or gold fish+, would I end up with more fish caught using the balenos rod or the epheria rod?

2. Gun_Runner

Gun_Runner Gun_Runner 62 NA

For me personally...

I have the +10 Balenos Rod Branded and fishing at Guru 1, fishing level 5, with auto fishing pets. Starting with only >20 items of 192 slots available it can take 10 hours to fill my inventory. In that time my rod has never broken before I had to empty my inventory.

Again, personally I do NOT select to discard any fish as my thoughts are, you still waste time catching fish even if you selected to discard them. I never have a reason to be away from my PC for more then 6 hours so see no reason to try and extend my auto-fishing time longer.

The discard fish by grade feature is great for players who have/can not unlock all 192 slots. Since they have a limit inventory space they can capitalize their auto-fishing better.

So for me, 10 hours auto-fishing could get me 20 yellow grade fish and several blue and many green grade fish all to sell to trader or... 10 hours auto-fishing could get me just the same 20 yellow grade fish only because I discarded everything else. So which did I make more money on?

3. AlnilamE

I have not used the Epheria rod since I discovered that the Balenos increased durability when you enhanced it.

I've gone 12 hours with the discard fish option on and the rod still had durability left.

4. Mkate

I have 192 sots, +10 rod branded and a +10 maple float branded. Guru 7 fishing, fishing pets, +2 fishers clothes, and the splat fishers costume... I fish in a typically abundant to average fishing spot and my inv is full in about 9 hours..I don't discard anything, because you still catch the fish it just don't go into your inventory, i like the trade exp i get from fishing though so a full inv of greens. blues, and golds is fine. I've never lost full durability on my rod, and only on few occasions on my float.

While keeping it to not discard- the +10 maple float still yields me 30-40 gold fish and 60-80 blue fish.. just depends on where i fish.

5. Aelisah

wait they changed that? I dont remember balenos increasing durability? (But i havent fished in 2 years lol) - just curious....

6. Ronhal

I have both +10 rods, normally use balenos during night / work, its take about 10 hours to lost all durabilty. I used epheria even when I'm on a day trip and also im discarding all green fish and have 100 slot inventory.

7. Mkate

+10 bal rod has 100 durability.

Aelisah likes this.
  8. Polymerizaiyan

Take it from me when I tell you branded 10+ balenos is your number one investment in in game economy.

Well,I mean. If you can night/work fish like 16h you do pull in good money.

9. Grehm

I typically have 10 hour work days during the week, so the +10 branded Balenos lasts even longer than that. If you were going to be fishing for much longer, I'd go Epheria.

10. Sibyyl

Balenos is better in all spots now, even in spots where Mediah used to be better.

Nothing beats speed.

11. v.klishev

v.klishev Striker 62 EU

Speed over everything when it comes to AFK fishing. A +10 balenos when branded will last for good 16h or more.
    Epheria is only good if you cannot afford to brand a Balenos and you have to be afk fishing for a veeery long time or you are doing active fishing and there is no good way for you to repair a rod. If you are active fishing you will want to use a TFR most of the time anyway.

12. Rizzly

Rizzly Berserker 62 EU

Branded +10 Balenos, no competitors.
    Your skill level matters too, my Prof 3 char broke the rod after 11 hours. My Master 20+ fisher took well over 20 hours to break it

2Cents likes this.
  13. 2Cents

+10 Balenos with a Professional level Fishing will only last roughly 6 hours (Pets, 3+ fishing)
    +10 Balenos with Master 5+ will last roughly 10+ hours (Pets, 3+ fishing)
    +10 Balenos Branded Guru+ will last 16+ hours (Pets, 3+ fishing)

Branding & Fishing Level make a huge difference. If you have a high enough fishing level branding isn't nearly as important.

Rizzly likes this.
  14. AlnilamE

What MKate said, sorry if I wasn't clear. It has 50 durability at +0 and 100 durability at +10

Aelisah likes this.