1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ban em

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Lemon Crush, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

Kick him out of your guild. You don't need scum like him pulling your guild down in the mud.

2. LilithDragonFlower

Whelp thank you GM im kinda tired of seeing this blow up on in-game chat .

I keep trying to explain at times this was a game mechanic gone bad, and even though the GM's declared it an exploit, the dev's should have patched it before releasing it on the U.S, as many players may not have even known about it being an exploit especially when...

Hey dude I got 400 scrolls to run want to come.

Sure, and so they run 400 scrolls.

---------------------------------------------------------------
    But lets also pretend something more sinster.

Outside of game, Pay me $100, and we will invite you to our party to run 200 scrolls.
    ^ When a GM takes a look at the logs they see no affiliation with the guidls or people who intentionally abused if people want to call it.

and if a GM actually bans these players from in-game they will just claim they didn't know what was going on, some maybe true, others maybe false.

3. Factorial

This is should be punished, but kakao and pearl abyss have to take some responsibility for this major screw up. Considering the exploit had occurred before and kakao did nothing to ensure it didn't happen with our release, the larger share of the blame is on them, not the exploiters. Don't get me wrong, cheaters should be punished. However, this is wholly kakao and pearl abyss' fault. Who gets to punish them?

Vortexii and LilithDragonFlower like this.
  4. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

We do simply by not buying any pearl items for a period of time in protest at their stupidity. Maybe if people closed their wallets ( not likely sadly) for a month it would send a strong message.

Vortexii and SilverWolf like this.
  5. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

I was starting to think about coming back to BDO. But this exploit saved my bank account. Needless to say I uninstalled the game again and brought a 6 month ESO Plus subscription, my other two friends ESO plus expansions, Origin Premier, a new X-56 Rhino Pro Flight HOTAS flight system, and X-box gold membership. So I guess I should be thankful for not only the exploit, but also Pearl Abyss attempts to sweep the game breaking exploit under the rug.

Vortexii likes this.
  6. Ungvi

I guess it's just really difficult to catch and eliminate so many cockroaches. There will always be some that survive, even with the toughest of fumigation, poisons, etc. Some will survive to thrive and spawn a new colony of cockroaches. I think they should just wipe the game and start over. I would start from scratch if I could keep my character names, pearl purchases, like outfits (obviously, with can't be melted, or used to gain an unfair advantage clause in it.). Some weight and inventory slots, pets etc. Even after spending some money this month, I've kinda lost my drive to continue playing. What do we have to look forward to really? New continent? New class? Events? People with ridiculous gains over others, that make you wonder if they weren't somehow exploiting in game? And, sad to say, you will never know the truth, so you're just kinda left hanging.

Fearless V likes this.
  7. Prochilles

Lol how did every other post about the exploit get locked aside from this one?

Kikux likes this.
  8. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

I guess because one is enough.

9. LilithDragonFlower

I say the same thing but everyone wants to blame (Exploiters / Cheaters) only, not look at the real faults.

- How Kakao let this happen in the first place
    - Why the scrolls were not disabled faster
    - Why no GM asked people to stop in-game itself.

The devs / company are the ones with the keys to this game, something like this should have never happened in the first place :\.

How many whales spend hundreds of dollars a month in the game to pay this company, but there is no active GM staff to catch things like this in game, and take immediate action / inform players to stop and those who refuse you know who to punish?

FairlyEnjoyable, Naho and Fearless V like this.
  10. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

I'm sorry guys. But this guy makes sense. Even tho I still dream that the exploiters getting Perma-banned. (Won't much happen I know) Which is why I uninstalled BDO again instead of spending another $400 this month to get some gear the legit way!

11. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Ninja

Oh yeah sure, let’s completely ignore the people who exploited. Hey guys, I shot my neighbour, but please, don’t be mad at me. Be mad at the one that sold me the gun. Punish him and let me go free.
    #Delusional.

yes, it’s an old exploit, but that doesn’t make the mappers any less guilty. DO NOT EXPLOIT. The event page warned you.

12. Vortexii

You do bring up a very valid point on this. Part of the reason for Perma Ban or extended ban is that this is a serious cost in time for resources that could be spent elsewhere. I didn't read through all the ban discussions, but I didn't see that point brought up.

13. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

Damn they acted super fast on that last post in this thread. LUL

14. Vortexii

You should be aware this is nothing new just status quo.
    • Siege Payouts
    • Exploits
    • Hacking
    • Fish Bots
    • Cash Shop
    • SMH
    • Trade exploits
    It's not as bad as some other games........... well because they literally have 100% cheating and 0 integrity, but the players always just took advantage of whatever they can and Pearl Abyss gave them plenty.

15. Vortexii

It's a bit of a shame for you to dump that kind of money into a Pay2Win pit while there are Indie companies really trying to produce products and others using a much fairer business model. You may want to consider that in your spending habits.

16. crosspath

Korean companies... What do you expect xD

It is funny seeing how extreme they are about cheating in korean school tests and so...

But seems that after school all is fair play as long as they get their money.

17. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

Go back and reread my post. It didn't happen, instead the game got completely uninstalled.

18. Vortexii

But it also suggests that is what you had been doing. And it doesn't give much reason to believe you wouldn't go back to the same practices with some other game.

Resulting in the same trend happening for years. Gotcha's, Gambling, RNG, Loot Boxes, Games designed around a cash shop.

19. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

BDO was the only game that was designed around a cash shop. That I invested time and money into. And because of the way Pearl Abyss is handling the latest exploit I uninstalled it.

99% of the games I play mostly focus on getting my time and money from actual content. BDO will more than likely be the last Korean MMO I will ever invest time into.

Kynreaa likes this.
  20. NewbieLam

Why can't we just burn both the exploiter and Kakao? You go and deal with Kakao and all their **** up. maybe the exploiter and Kakao are working together which make them one guilty party. Why do you only advocate against Kakao and not both? You getting paid by someone to be an obvious troll?

Why don't you go to the new player forums and warn everyone not to play this shitfest because Kakao is a dumbsterfire of a company. Do something about Kakao, instead of deflecting.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.