1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ban em

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Lemon Crush, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Valestris

No matter if any form of exploit was blatantly in front of me saying "Here, exploit me!" I'd NEVER risk my account I've put 4 years into not even for max silver in bank AND marketplace bank.

2. Ungvi

Yeah, what a bull$**** policy. Where we all hate filthy cheaters, but hey! Let's protect them, instead of our loyal paying customers!

3. Hypotermia

Sadly its not exploit. They're not using error in code for their advantage which is exploit but its very clear that event states "abnormal" which this is. Its not meant to be used this way and falls under abnormal way of using which should result bans

4. crosspath

Shoveling is the same... Using an error, basically every exploit is using an error or a miscalculation.

Better don't talk if you can't understand basic meaning of words.

5. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 64 EU

exploit is by definition use of ingame mechanics that were not inteded for personal gain.

LinaCrysta and Mana_Mafia like this.
  6. Camouflage

Same here. But the point is that there is obviously no risk in this game with this publisher.

7. gurghul

I can bet all me stock of toilet paper , that they will do f.. all .

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  8. Hypotermia

Exploit = Using bug in code for advantage.

There is no bug in this. New account receives scrolls like intended and inviting player to guild like intended and kicking player like intended and doing scroll like intended. Its clever use of game mechanic but Kakao was actually wise at this time "any abnormal" and this is not normal behavior. What ever Kakao reacts tho this we don't know.

This is no different from many other clever use of game mechanics like back in Cataclysm guilds stacked certain class in raid to make encounter easier. If i recall it was feral druids that were stacked, but then back in WOTLK guild used saronite bombs to respawn LK platforms which was clear bug in code and deemed as exploit.

No im not defending the users who did this but i don't see this as exploit because it does not involve code thats broken and everything works as it was designed, but like i said its abnormal way of doing event and Kakao can justify bans with that. But because this includes large amount of players and top guilds i doubt they actually take any actions at least not perma ban actions that should be done

9. crosspath

Sorry but your "definition" is pretty skewed... The "code" thing is something that you added very conveniently, but sadly for you it is only your opinion.

Shoveling is not an exploit by your definition... Cause it does not deal with "code"... LUL.

Rekkuzan, Simix, Feqx and 2 others like this.
  10. WhySoSeeryus

its not limited to code errors.

Simix, Feqx and Mana_Mafia like this.
  11. Camouflage

Sorry, but this is wrong. Using bug in code for advantage = bug abuse. Exploit is to use something to one’s own advantage in a way that wasn't intended in the first place.

Feqx, LinaCrysta, Phoenixxx75 and 2 others like this.
  12. .Arke

Punishment needs to happen. It's obvious that this is an exploit. And if no action is taken against the people who abused it, this sets a dangerous precedent moving forwards and will unleash the flood gates for people to exploit any and everything they can.

Looking forward to hearing PA's response.

13. WhySoSeeryus

they already are in this game, bunch of **** was just ignored. thats why we have more and more creative uses of ingame mechanics.

Simix, LinaCrysta and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  14. Hypotermia

Thats your definition of exploiting. To me exploiting is clearly using error in code for ones advantage like double workers in one node but then there is this factor also that i include. If its generally harming other players it should be bannable but if there is no harm or can be done normal way it shouldn't be bannable like using controller for SMH. Could be done with or without any issues just matter of preference. Or bunnyhopping CSS etc.

Also you're not the one who decides what is intended and what isn't. As what i have understood of the situation they're not doing anything wrong. There is no rule that states that one player may only have 1 account and there is no rule to say you're not allowed to receive boosts to 60 and most certainly there is no rule to say you're not allowed to use scrolls on alt accounts. Just like before player used the free codes for themselves to obtain the rewards after buying account when alt account reached specific level. Hello polar bear pets

So to me this is clear clever use of game mechanics but i still think they should be banned / or profit removed because its clearly damaging the economy in long run and harming many players in process and more certainly is not something that would be done by average joe who is not thinking how to get even further ahead of others.

But like i said its up to Kakao or PA what will happen but most likely nothing happens because it involves many players and top guilds

15. Hypotermia

If we're not limiting exploit to clear code errors then most players have exploited in someway.
    Mouse movement in certain situations, leveling up trading with rolling, hunting with horses, kidnapping fishers, killing ppl to mobs, downgrading items with negative karma alt, bringing horse to aakman/hystria, running back and forth between safe zones in nodewars, using alt accounts to obtain polar bears, using alt accounts to sell stuff in market to main account and heck even running better pc to gain more fps and list goes on.

All of these would be considered as exploiting and should get player banned but problem is that many of them are not even breaking any rule made by Kakao or even code at all and just like these scrolls ppl are using alts / buying alts and there is no rule anywhere that states players may not own any alts or even event page doesn't say that guild can only run them xx amount times. Tho abnormal line is there and this is not really normal way of obtaining them but its not exploiting anything

16. SevFFS

SevFFS Kunoichi 62 EU

"Error in code" is a very bad definition for anything. What if something doesnt work as intended due to missing code? Does that count as an error?
    If yes: This is an exploit because the error lies in the code missing something to prevent it.
    If no: Basically nothing is an exploit/bug because you can always argue that there is working code missing.

17. Khay_man

This is clearly against the rules and if a guild is well organized in exploiting this, it is absolute madness the amount of gains every member of a 100 member guild would be making exploiting this. Having lived through the sea monster exploits and seeing it happen all around me with blatant speed hacking(and a myriad of other ways guilds funneled money to their mains) trying to warn the devs how it was being exploited/hacked/abused and still seeing nothing done about it for 11 months I can with 99.99999% certainty say that they will do absolutely nothing about this, and that anyone abusing this is perfectly safe to continue abusing this because they simply do not care enough to enforce something like this.

TLDR: It's clearly against the rules to exploit something like this, but nothing will be done to enforce it, so continue exploiting it without worry.

I certainly hope I'm wrong, but I'd be very surprised if they actually enforced something now after neglecting and turning a blind eye to the countless other times players filtered/laundered their exploits through their guild to come out clean on the other side.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  18. Hypotermia

If its not defined by error in code then many things in games could be considered exploiting. Like i listed i can add few more to it like trade runs with guild summon and so on. And A LOT of these were used by huge amount of players and never resulted any bans.

If something is not working and player abuses it for his/her own advantage then its bannable. If you do it by accident few times then it shouldn't be bannable.

Lets say you're raiding and killing a boss and realize if you use iframe skill when boss uses ability x and after that it wont use it anymore ever again because of the iframe this is clearly exploiting.

If you raid and stack 20x class Y for encounter to make it 50% easier its not exploiting but clever use of game mechanics.

Clearly both cases its not intended that ppl would normally run 20x same classes to make encounter easier or abuse iframe to stop boss doing its stuff but there is clear difference which is direct error and which is just poor design.

19. Hypotermia

Truly doubt they do anything about this because it involves a lot of players and a lot from top guilds.

Just quick question"s"

What rules this break?`

Players not allowed to have alt accounts?
    Players not allowed to boost accounts?
    Players not allowed to join guild?
    Players not allowed to kick other players from guild?

Obviously i do hope they do something about situation either remove gains or bans but clearly they're not really breaking any form of rule. Just like players uses trial accounts to get polar bears. Its exactly same but then again this has statement "abnormal way" but what is considered as abnormal for them

20. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Archer 62 EU

probably some will get banned for this, but as long as they are streamers they are safe to do anything...