1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Ban Wave] 3rd party Software

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by GM Rhotaaz, Oct 17, 2018.

1. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

they can't do random search, you misunderstand how its work, they could inspect name and see what he does, but randomly checking logs impossible, they need mainframes of google/amazon levels for randoms check.

2. Resems

technically speaking, they could do on their own servers those checks, even in the run time, very easy to check it and does not cost that much computation power, it is a very simple algorithm.

also tp'ing all over the place and hitting like x times per second with a skill ?

if that is too hard, let the gm's pop in places like aakman and hystria from ch to ch(i also hope they dont have ch cd), one random check every day at different intervals should ban lots of bots.

SpiralEnergy likes this.
  3. Trucknuts

Good job bro!

shinigami_vizard likes this.
  4. Azeiu

Nice!
    We can understand why fishing bots were prioritized (all the nerfs to good fishing spots and such), but please do not forget that the marketplace hackers have a way bigger and more negative impact upon your player base. So if possible, please focus more on eliminating that part of the cancer, and leave fishing hackers for later, since they do not have such a big impact at the moment :)

Ruffe and shinigami_vizard like this.
  5. Azeiu

It shouldn't be.
    We deserve to know :)

Ruffe likes this.
  6. Wakawaka

Please conduct an investigation regarding the speed hackers and their links with these high paying guilds. Lots of guilds are using these as an option nowadays. @GM Rhotaaz It's an easy sacrifice to make a proxy account and get the most payout.

I can name a few guilds that have this current set up. 5 billion per week is insane.

Ruffe likes this.
  7. Viraldi

Does this mean BladeBoques gets the banhammer too?

<3

8. TRPX

they dont ban certified featured bdo partner

9. Blacksilvah

@GM Rhotaaz I have the same problem. I am not sure how exactly they come up with the ban. I understand if they will explain this, hackers might see the flaw of their operations. But i cannot be silent when one our legit players who spend hours of grinding and getting their gears back just suddenly get banned. He tried sending ticket but the same reply. I don't know the methodology but i feel bad when those who are innocent are involved. Perhaps this ban is not accurate with 5% margin of error. This is alarming. Though i will compliment the ban wave, GM should find a way to legitimately explain themselves. talk about game support.

Ruffe likes this.
  10. Calicoe

Calicoe Witch 62 NA

Thank you!!!

11. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Ninja

Oh look, more promises they can’t keep!
    Y’all took months and months.. for 301 accounts... Aight..

Ruffe likes this.
  12. Spartakatz

that's 100% forbidden because it's an automatization. because "it's painful" is not really an excuse lol.

shinigami_vizard likes this.
  13. Karnum

Few things i noticed and i jsut downloaded the game, like literally this moment as i'm typing this it's at 18%.
    1.)You shouldn't settle for less than aceptable but when they do something and then you demand more it looks kind of ungrateful, if you want SMH or marketbot to be looked into just make another forum post about it, or sneak it into the message as a helpful hint not a complaint about others using it, keep it classy and say thanks.
    2.)Some of you REALLY need to work on that wording because some of it is REALLY hard to understand, i think this game is from korea if i remember correctly so it may be a language barrier but try to proof read it if you're not sure or run it by someone else
    3.) Good job on the ban. I personally can appreciate the ban on 300+ people for cheating, sure i can sit here and TELL you what to do and what to look for but actual processing stuff is complex and actually DOING the work requires allot of patience so i commend you on doing this, no matter the time frame. Just keep up the good work, I'll be trying this game for essentially the first time because last pc was too old to run it so i hope to see more of this @GM Rhotaaz .

DiaborMagics, isojukka.js and Andaro like this.
  14. William

They monitored you for a really long time before making the decision.

15. redclover00

I'm here because I truly believe I've done nothing wrong according to ToU and want my account back since I love BDO. Otherwise I wouldn't have bothered.

This mistake wouldn't have happened if they have "really monitored" me any time and for any length of time during my 1.5 year playing here. Why are you so sure that they don't make mistakes like lots of other mistakes they have done about in-game features? I wonder what kind of reaction you'd have if you were in my shoes getting your account banned for doing nothing wrong! Isn't it natural for me to ask for reconsideration? Even someone judged in a court has the right to appeal to the court's decision since mistakes can happen. In my case I truly believe I haven't done what they are accusing me for, which is using third-party software. If there are any logs I'm sure they show nothing concrete against me. I believe they might have gotten false alarm from my account and interpreted it as me using third-party software. Treating people who have altered the game files like this is one thing but to accuse someone of using third-party software without deep investigation or reconsideration is just wrong.

I have two options, just walk away accepting that cruel customer treatment is one of Kakao's well accepted policies or I voice my displeasure about being accused wrongly. I chose to voice it through support tickets but the support is just sending me back the same answer template telling me to read the ToU. So the only remaining hope for me is here and @GM Rhotaaz's reconsideration about my account.

Ruffe likes this.
  16. Kn0xxPT

Kn0xxPT Striker 62 EU

Marketplace bots still around ...

17. William

you were not accused you were caught red handed, and instead of choosing to make a new account you choose to lie on the forum for sympathy.

Thelemna likes this.
  18. GamePois0n

GamePois0n PootyPoot Ranger 61 NA

you think everybody got autism or something? do you know how cancer it is to start over for this game?

the only way to someone to get back to the game is either
    1. buy an existing account
    2. actually start botting regardless if the banned player did or did not cheat

Ruffe likes this.
  19. redclover00

You sure know so much and are quick to insult others. I hope the same situation happens to you someday. It is easy to judge people when you aren't involved.

I'd have created a new account and found new ways to cheat and escape ban if I was a cheater. I've never done anything to get "caught red handed" in the first place. I'm messaging here not for sympathy but for my right to get my account back. You are free to believe me or not. There is no way for any GM to prove that I violated ToU, I'm sure of it.

Ruffe likes this.
  20. Mimimimi

false-positives can always happen. do you have any idea what software it was that got you banned?