1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Ban Wave] 3rd party Software

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by GM Rhotaaz, Oct 17, 2018.

1. JM

JM Tamer 62 NA

2. Valenten

Valenten Striker NA

Question! Have yall seen anything about Marketplace bots? Or do those include fishbots? just wondering.

Ruffe likes this.
  3. limki

limki Maehwa 61 EU

Was this the reason AFK fishers got interrupted randomly? To see if they consistently restart without much delay?

4. Itago

Itago Witch 62 EU

Since they do the same (key/mouse presses) they are likely the same (im sure there are bots that do 1 or the other, but they are close enough that a bot would be able to do bouth and be detected about the same way)

5. Rok

Rok

Please don't over-complicate things, eventually leading to some sort of hardware ban on all gaming mice or something (not just keyboards with macro capabilities)! And that would be a nightmare for someone who doesn't use a single macro but needs a gaming mouse, as gaming mice are a must for me, for example, when playing MMOs and pretty much any game with more actions than moving and shooting/left-clicking. The official answer is always going to be that: If the game requires you to press 2 keys for the action, then you should be manually pressing 2 keys for the action; if the game requires you to press 3 keys for the skill, then it should be 3 manual key presses for the skill; and so on. And there is no official support for macros (like there is in WoW, for example).

However, if you're trying to press 2 keys 300 times in 3 minutes and starting to get Repetitive Strain Injury in your wrist and thus combine two keys into one for those 3 minutes, but you're still manually pressing that key 300 times and doing all the controls manually, I really, really do not think that anyone will ban you for that. So don't over-complicate things for yourself and everyone! ^^ They will still give you the official answer above, though, mind you!

You just really gotta think for yourself a little about balancing fun and your health without doing something that will be 100% guaranteed cheating in the opinion of 99% of people, and ... not ask questions that you won't like the answers for. There really are questions like that in life, a lot of them.

To put it simply, don't cheat, have fun, take care of your health, and follow your heart every now and then.

Chaos Ronin and Manolek like this.
  6. Dringe

@GM Rhotaaz Do you know if there are any preventive measures being developed to address the issue?
    Banning the hackers helps temporarily but not on a large scale if the core of the issue is not fixed.

7. LKW-Erik-LKW-88

nice wurde auch gebannt
    war 1ne woche lang im urlaub komm wieder und sehe das sich gebannt wurde gg
    ich glaube ich kenne kein spiel wo die entwickler so viel scheiße bauen, dass wars dann mit bdo

8. KeiirValk

Too late in between to ban hackers ... Most of the people using hacking programs are people who have main accounts using secondary accounts, farming up tungrads etc , enchanting them up quickly then pre-ordering to themselves.

Also, they use them for sea hunting before they get banned to give their guild hundreds of millions of silver to sell weekly payouts for real money/gifted pearl items.....

The damage is already done and the person who did it has already benefitted on his main account via payout or strategizing a pre-order to himself.

Has to be a way to automatically detect these and ban on the fly instead of studying logs. WHile effective, it takes too long and defeats the purpose since the people doing it have already benefitted and they already have 100's of other accounts on standby to repeat the process.

Also, please look into marketplace botters, they are more detrimental than fish botters ESPECIALLY since you completely gutted active fishing outside of hotspots with a triple float , which hackers aren't doing.

Starting to think they simply don't want to or don't have the technology to get marketplace botters and processing botters. Of course, those 2 don't really directly impact artisan sales like being able to get memory fragments from the relics fished. Guess we know what they truly care about.

Ruffe likes this.
  9. reconkangas

Look there are cheaters in every game, people constantly look for exploits or "the new meta" some of these are obvious others are just plain cheating it's always been a fine line between what's acceptable and what's unethical.
    I will use loading a horse or a camel then swapping it back and forth loading in heavier than any character or horse was capable of. Characters with 900%+ so the horse can run standard speed..... is it a hack no it's just one of many blips in the game with junk loot. Is it unethical not in my book it's a issue with game mechanics that needs to be corrected. "Though I hope they never do".
    That said this doesn't affect the market what's so ever but it's an exploit none the less.
    As far as the "damage" you keep referring to that is a blip in time and time is gone for certain hackers same as the damages on the market does it continue sure with 300 less people doing it. Will they catch the rest eventually BUT the game will go on without them and the affects will wear off in a short period of time.
    Just have some faith.

10. KeiirValk

They've said multiple times that over-stacking is accepted and not punishable. Using 3rd party programs is against ToS, hacking is against ToS. Those are fine lines between your examples.

Hackers, in this game, and the damage control done to prevent it over time is an issue that should be resolved much quicker than they are doing it.

You're not seeing the bigger picture in end-game. In this game, the type of hacking to build guild funds and sell those funds as weekly payouts for real money is the most detrimental thing in the game right now, people making 2-3billion silver a week because they paid IRL money is the biggest issue in the game right now, and yes, it's common and a lot of people are doing it.

One glance at epic npc and you will see it. Selling guild payouts via sea hunting is almost entirely done by "dummy guilds" with hackers supplying money to the guild before they get banned, since GM's don't delete the guild , the funds stay intact and only the accounts are lost. They just re-add new hacker accounts and rinse and repeat. Sorry, if you think that is a small issue and doesn't require immediate attention then your philosophy on damage control is very mis-guided.

Ruffe likes this.
  11. MeldamirieI

MeldamirieI Rilma Ranger 62 NA
    Ambassador

[​IMG]

Needs more hammers dropped!

I agree with this sentiment entirely. Something must be done to fix this.

12. Rayin

Yeah, do such banwave every patch or at least month and i can start to hope again because it'll produce results, else you just banned 301 people that probably where in a guild full of money and are going to grab more accounts stacked during the times where you discounted the game at 5 euro, to restart with 800kk obtained with non-allowed methods and buy another account from PlayerAuction or such.
    You just banned "empty" accounts that have just slowed down for 10 minutes those who use hacks/cheats, while their main is still untouched because it took you too long to figure out that if 10 hackers were roaming free, after 6 months they would've been 100.

#112 Rayin, Oct 21, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
    Ruffe likes this.
  13. reconkangas

I am sorry but I miss understood nothing In your post.
    ***On one end they are catching hackers/Botters..
    ****On the other they are changing game play to make it take a lot longer to get to a point that they can use these methods to make $$$

A good example is the change to AFK fishing it is no longer as profitable all the way around to AFK fish using the desert buff and this I am sure includes use of a fishing bot. Especially with the new mastery gear in the pipeline getting it and using it will take a considerable amount of time and effort if caught starting over will not be so easy anymore.

To us normal players the above suck and is a pain in the butt but in the end those of us doing it the right way will be rewarded in the end.

As far as guilds that employ this method of using hacker accounts to gain silver and benefiting there main accounts or one individual this method is and will get harder and harder to accomplish over time I am sure that these guilds are already known to them and I am sure eventually they will get caught.

Anyway nice post I was just pointing out that the damage itself doesn't last as long as you may think just saying.

14. RaiseYourChicken

A dev that doesn't access memory :thonk:

15. NoBody in particular

It makes me laugh when I hear how the cheaters always have an excuse for their getting caught. I am pretty sure once they are noticed they take time to watch, record and maintain the record of them cheating. If you read the CM report you will see that it is a process that they do that ensures they are correct 100% and that once you are caught then they will not reverse their decision. Yet we always have a select few that try the false positive approach and say they had this or that making them appear to be cheating when the facts show they were. Maybe they should take this as an indication that they are wrong not the devs. I would really like them to look closer at the market hackers also. Those who use the programs designed to snip the items and react faster than the normal human response. Or maybe revamp the market system to work in a new way to prevent those kinds of programs from stealing instantly all the items programmed into them. Another thing they should look into is those adds for services, generally they are the originators of most hacks and cheats because they are trying to maximize their profit.

16. Enygma

where is the names of all hackers?

Ruffe likes this.
  17. Masterio

You introduced hide nick costumes and now its pretty hard to report hakers GG :) Nicks should appears on mount a ship/horse etc. the we can hepl you reports the hakers specially on the margoria sea.

18. Jey

Jey Valkyrie 62 EU

you don't need a name.
    Just time, location, server and/or video, they can do the rest. They have tools for this.
    the only hardship is : to go to the website.

19. Masterio

Yeah i need all of that s.. to report it. Visible nicks is better and faster and more ppls can report that guys. Some ppl not record every frame of the game so...

Ruffe likes this.
  20. GamePois0n

GamePois0n PootyPoot Ranger 61 NA

@GM Rhotaaz if you are going to ban someone just do it, stop messing with them in game by disconnecting them repeatedly, thats very autistic

Ruffe likes this.