1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ban Wave: 3rd Party Software

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by GM Rhotaaz, Sep 7, 2017.

1. 2Cents

It would show the amount of players banned and expose which clans are sharing/cheating frequently. It would also be evidence of how much action is being taken. I reported someone in Lineage II for month's, but I know it ultimately was not a waste of time when I finally got a response that the bot party taking an important spot in the game was finally banned.

2. Thierca

lol, rng doesnt make them sell in .001 seconds unless rng is rigged

3. LogicaI

I have a request as a suggestion. Change your policy. Start naming and shaming.

In real life when a person breaks a law we can look up public repositories to find offenders .
    Now i realize this is not real life. However There are soo many times many of us know people who were banned back at it again on new accounts.
    This would also help us keep track of certain players who are only on temporary bans and come back. Allowing us to self police our guilds and not ruin our guilds credibility for a few exploiters,Gravity digging scandal as an example. The entire guild got painted as exploiters.
    When if we just had names posted as proof that person exploited,we could see a guilds true colors,would they kick that person?,Would they let him stay?

Course my opinion is just my opinion.

I have seen plenty of companies name and shame. The community always seemed to feel more appreciative when they saw actual names put to the accusations.

Taj and Pastrybox like this.
  4. Smaxx

Smaxx Smaxx Maehwa EU

Absolutely depending on your local legislation. That isn't the same everywhere and "naming and shaming" in a newspaper can get the newspaper in serious trouble here.

5. LogicaI

Naming and shaming in newspapers will not get the paper in trouble when the paper itself is the one that is judge jury and executioner. (kakao)

It was an analogy for a reason. A repository is not a news paper. I can get any information on anyones documents that are not sealed by a gag order. I don't even have to spend money. Who said newspaper? Now we are just arguing semantics.

6. Vlad_II

I am hereby declaring market bot users for biggest scum of this game that is causing me to bid 100s of times on boss armor without winning a single bid. I have to rely on NV and even boxes to gear myself in a “sandbox” game, haw haw haw!

7. Vlad_II

They only tell names and show pictures when the perpetrator is a white male.

8. Teddysky77

...Blade Boques...Thats the number one reason NOBODY believes anything that comes out of the GMs mouths....JS

commandonut and piratebeowolf like this.
  9. BlacxkY

At least you banned some of them

10. felloffabridge

Feels really bad when you realise that the games economy would crash without fishbotters and so we actually need them

11. Dakara

Good job, now the fishbotters and market bots :3

12. dave57204

i gota turn this into this Quick lesson of my past. 1. End up auto flagging and banning any piece software that has a unauthorized hook attached to the Bot/Addon/EXE/The Core OS Hell I've seen Linux work-machines SPI-Firewall's and anti-virus/malware flagged as a bot a ndgot perma banned like the World of Warcraft bot WOW Glider. I simply can BARELY allow myself to play MMO's without native support. Else its a waste if time, Ethier BDO is gonna go one of 2 routes. One, there gonna have Highly restricted ad-dons. Or the other way to have have absolutely nothing. WoW used to have a site dedicated to bug tested/Making sure it was not stealing account into, Everyone should know what that is, CURSEgaming. I personally find to absolutely pathetic that devs. Wont Take a chance with add ons. Community addons do absolutely wonder to games. BDO could SORELY use some ADDONS, DPS meters, MORE GUILD RANK Control. Raid boss Ad-dons for scrubs that stand in fire. During World bosses. (Just to list a few off my head.

Ban Speed hackers & Exploiters Just not ad-don functionality

P.S When you gonna start adding new weekly content and fix the 1,000,000 bugs in this game.

Sincerely,
    ThatGuy_

13. Serania

It's a shame to still see speedhackers. Yes GMs they are back.

I have submitted a ticket (with evidence) a couple months back in regards to a certain individual caught speedhacking and still no action taken (I still see the name of the individual in the rosters). All I got was a half assed response of "As a GM, I play the game too and see how this is unfair."
    NO! You, as a GM clearly do not know how it is unfair. These speedhackers only spend less than 10 minutes of travel time between Port Ratt to mainland, while us who play the game legitimately need to spend 45min to 1hr to get back.

Do you know how game breaking and unfair that is? These speedhackers capitalize on the imperial trades, that they earn 60-90million silvers in a span of 30minutes to 1 hour! While people like us will have to take more than half a day just to reach the same!

Please consider and take REAL actions, not just in words.

14. Prochilles

Lol it was hilarious the second some fish botters got banned how everyone was crying for them to be allowed to come back due to the increased price of relics and other scrolls. I've read that fish botters using a certain highly advertised bot make billions which makes me wonder how much of the enhanced gear we wear is credited to these people.

Even if that number is small we will see bdo getting harder as we'll have fewer items go on the mp and have to pay more for some of these items. It is going to be interesting to observe.

I feel a little sorry for permanent bans especially since we aren't given the degree at which they exploited. I'm interested in why so much hate from the community is on them when we know most people who would have found these exploits would have used them. ATM we even have unofficially "legal" exploits like over stacking horses, crate summons, and channel hopping to guild summon during node wars on enemy base.

Show some love and let's not overly focus on short term issues.

15. LightsOut

Fish botter confirmed. Go cry in your corner, we don't want you in the game.

Nort likes this.
  16. Kaiserx

Naming and Shaming actually causes a opposite effect sometimes, where people intentionally try to get themselves banned so they can advertise their name on forums etc.

The bans are for '3rd party software use' that tampers with the game so to speak, it's less on what a bot does and whether the impacts are positive or negative.

If anything, having the devs provide improvements to the game via feedbacks is best to avoid neglecting types of players from having to resort to botting in the first place.

17. S2k0dn1k

Dont ban fishbotters.. i dont care if they bilioners or not till they sell relics on market or give other option to get much memory fragments. Right now the market sucks with those thing...

18. Prochilles

What a completely naive reply.

19. Kaiserx

You realize some of the botters use accounts of people who paid to 'grind' or 'power level' their characters for them right? So a bunch of 'less-than-innocent' players are caught in the crossfire in a attempt to 'compete'?

20. Serania

You all completely missed the point.
    Fishbotters are NOT Speedhackers. Clearly you all also have ZERO knowledge on imperial trades and how long it takes just travel between Port Ratt and Mainland.

Peasants all of you.