1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ban Wave: 3rd Party Software

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by GM Rhotaaz, Sep 7, 2017.

1. AngelloAtheross

Angiel likes this.
  2. Zwiebelchen

3. LilithDragonFlower

Why would a cheater use a speed hack in an online game anyways it should be obvious that using any type of hack that modifys such values results in a ban, the exception being in Smite for example if you overclock your CPU it tends to speed-hack the game.

4. Ninjuh

I'm more curious to find out whether or not the fish botting bans will be perm or temp.. if they happen at all xD Did they perm ban everyone using the worker exploit?

5. Serania

Hacking is a very broad spectrum that doesnt necessarily rely on hardware. Most prominant hacks for BDO are 3rd party programs can modify client side (user software) data to change values; ie, removing cooldowns, increasing movement speed etc. Which is obviously gamebreaking and unfair. As shown by
    If you watch the video from that reddit post...

One of the other known software hack, think about packets of data being shared between the user > server and vice versa, the hack includes knowing what kind of fish or item it is before being caught (packets of data being sent from the server to the user), therefore making it easy to catch, say coelacanths or various good loots.

There are various videos on youtube showcasing these programs as far back as beta.

I have no real problem with fishbotters as they harm nobody.
    But these speedhackers are harming everyone, specially people who make business with imperial trade-ins.

6. Angiel

#206 Angiel, Oct 18, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  7. Aiwen

I don't know why autohotkey is now blocked, game crashed to desktop saying that it is malware or something like that. I use it to change keyboard layout for apple keyboard to more windows friendly.

8. LilithDragonFlower

Because XingCode is a piece of crap Anti-Cheat that can't stop true cheaters from cheating, and only those who use stuff that is easy to get detected by "GM" or Obvious to other players / Public Hack / Paid hack programs get banned meanwhile a person who does custom coding knows software and how to create hacks can sit back on their own personal hack and cheat 24/7 never getting caught just a true fact.

But Logitech Keyboards are not blocked with key re-binding because if XingCode blacklists logitech software many gamers would be unable to play same for NAGA really.

9. Aiwen

Yeah keyboards which have re-binding and macro functions came to my mind as well. Friend of mine had a gamepad with which he could play mmo s and it's basic idea was to remove unnecessary key clicks by macroing several keys to a button. Idea of blocking this stuff is good but really can't be done.

10. Aiwen

11. AngelloAtheross

Black Desert Warrior LvL 61 vs Ninja with Speed Hack

Ban when ?

Oaklay likes this.
  12. Kaiserx

It's funny because the hacker is playing as a ninja/kunoichi and is speed hacking.

What's odd is that the server don't give a damn if a character warps light speed between multiple points too easily, it seems like either the hack sends false information to the server, or there IS no server sided checks for anything, as in no hard coded anti-cheat functionality to prevent hackers from exploiting the values.

If so, Blade Desert Online is nothing but a hybrid 'client sided' mmo.

13. Tjaranis

there will rarely be a constant double check for it.
    but it would be durable to set some limits which only checks when you do something that would be impossible within the system (would also be good for catching bugs/exploits, and wouldn't impact performance).
    but would take some coding time and we all know how they hated giving their coders time to make quality vs. quantity. you know it's not an instant cashflow therefore not a priority.

14. Sarinka

No no for real names, not fictional game ones.

15. Serania

- SNIP -

#215 Serania, Oct 25, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
  16. Aviloga

Thank you! I've noticed that there have been multiple people that move at speeds to rival the Flash. As a DK, I certainly have a skill that allows me to dash around quickly, but certainly not continuously. My speed is only at level 4, but if level 5 is that much faster (if they aren't using a hack) then I guess I better level it up. I've also seen a witch during NW not be 'red' until she got close (which wasn't happening with her guild mates)--that was pretty interesting as well.

17. Necro Sanct

Even worse is the things that help players are on the client side to hose us in some way. Value Pack timer that wastes away during extended maintenance (to the point the reward VP only made up for the lost downtime over the year), worker timers that just makes workers stop while logged out instead of them going off remaining stamina offline, journal entries for self and guild, and so on.

18. Zwiebelchen

To be fair, there are some skill chains with animation cancelling that allow for rapid movement even for extended periods of time.

For example, Valks can rotate LMB, Space, Shift+W for as long as they have the stamina to support it. Which is a pretty long time especially if you chug pots. And the faster you cycle through, the faster your character moves.

For an inexperienced player, this can easily look like a hack (especially when they have effects turned off) even though its a legitimate skill rotation (that is hard to pull of consistently).

19. Serania

Even after patches, these speedhackers still persists. I still see names the people i have reported for speedhacking. When are actions going to be taken? You GMs should know how game braking this is. These people earn over 100million silvers in just less than an hour. I swear....

Do you GMs see how game breaking that is?

Many of us legitimate players are tired of competing with these hackers maxing out all the imperial trades where it takes us 3 (THREE) HOURS, just to earn about 30million...

20. AngelloAtheross

They have streamer with speed hack on twitch right now, actions ? =))