1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ban Wave Update and a Commitment for Faster Action.

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by GM Rhotaaz, Jun 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2monthslatenonamesleft

More likely he means something more complicated like market place bots and fishing bots.

If it was telling your gaming mouse to click the beer button while you sleep, they'd have to perma-ban 1/4 of their playerbase at this point.

Sounds more like a 24-72 hour thing to be honest (or at least I hope so, that'd be a little heavyhanded considering to relative magnitudes of the 'crime's). I doubt most people even care if others fed their workers overnight anyway, it SHOULD have been a feature in the game by now.

Lurea likes this.
  2. Saerenne

Saerenne Amaute Valkyrie 62 NA

Thank you for the hard work as always, @GM Rhotaaz !

Hopefully you guys will start snagging marketplace bots soon -- though if you are already, think you could list those out as a separate quantity in the list? Pretty please? <3

Nattia likes this.
  3. Jaeger

Nah they are not happy. Its only a silent cry of them

4. Jaeger

5. lovemints

This latest ban wave means blackrose doesn't have any members left, right? ;)
    Anyway, good job with the bans.

Peisinoe likes this.
  6. finalomegas

Well this is very good news,

i know some would like a little proof, but you guys in the office can figure out someway to give us some form of confirmation... we are your customers afterall :D

The way i would know is when i notice the same old guys in the top 30 aren't there anymore and i can at least hit top 28 wealth lol ( tired of being 29 or 30)

7. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

great news! keep up the good work!

(also, fix wizard pet issue! :D)

8. Weifi

For those of you who were banned:

Whether you knowingly hacked or not, if you are not given a reason as to why you were banned or when you were detected (while Kakao continued to take pearl moneys from you knowing that you would be banned in a wave), you are eligible to retain ALL your money via a charge back. If you have spent more than 6 months on BDO please consult your banks financial investigation division to press a small claims charge against Kakao for monetary loses. The reason I am saying this is because BDO is known to not be transparent while giving special privileges to certain streamers and already being public knowledge that their staff post on the forums with regular accounts to attack banned players (the same way Trion did and was eventually caught). While I do still continue to play this game, I do not spend a dime for a team who thinks they can hide behind a ToS with loop holes bigger than Rhonatz PR scene. If you did something illegal and you know it, sucks, but they still can't take your money knowingly ready to ban you a week or two ahead of time, it's illegal, and no I won't sit here and explain to anyone why it's illegal, there's google for that or just speak to a bank.

Kasumi ~ likes this.
  9. Elza

Elza Sorceress 63 EU

Well, I am always glad if I can help little children to troll around on the internet. Thus, I am honored that my bad English was of some use to you.

10. Beeso

bBbBBBbBbBut i didn't cheat. Y u do dis!

Peisinoe likes this.
  11. KeiirValk

Precisely why they won't ban everybody using bots for those purposes, because most people do use them to auto-feed workers specifically as you can achieve overnight processing with the right weight increase combinations. If they were to ban the players who are all using the bots for those purposes, you literally would have lost 20-30% of the player base easily - this directly hurts their business on a large scale. They focus only on the botters harming the artisan memory sales. By logic, market bots actually HELP people to buy artisan memories because market bots will afk bid on memory fragments all day long , making it harder for players to get them and force them through doing scrolls to get them.

But it's irrelevant, Kakao doesn't care so much about the market bots, processing bots, horse bots and the auto-feeding beer. They care about artisan memory sales, fish botters impact this heavily... This is precisely why you have suddenly seen a random "strategic" drop in Pila Fe scrolls in Valencia as well. The amount that were dropping impact artisan memory sales.

Of course, they try to counteract this by giving you a Lahn's seal event that lets you trade seals for Ancient Relic shards (temporary) to try and trick people and keep them happy (sheep btw).

Let's face it, this company is evil, botting is horrible and should be banned but they don't care so much about the integrity of the game , but more so their artisan memory sales. I think it's safe to say we won't ever have any other viable ways to get memory fragments outside of event-gated scenarios. This is of course their plan to get people to buy artisan memes to progress in end-game at a consistent pace.

Also, processing bots and auto-feed beer bots are much harder to actually detect. There's no physical proof way to make sure somebody isn't just coming back to their computer and restarting the process consistently whereas fish botting is much easier to detect through tracing amount of relics over x amount of time, etc.

12. Johnny3000

great work!!!!!!!!!!! and please ban all action snipe bot, they ruin the game

13. Ricardo

Ricardo Mystic 61 EU

Another mmo?!? Tell me more please

14. ElfTown

Names?

15. Viraldi

Do they not list which violations you committed? Players get a permanent ban notice via email.

The appropriate response is to make public awareness of streamers, BladeBoques, for example, who evade the ban wave due to his relationships between the community and GMs, just like the public hacking tool and Hystria hackers. Please tell me those threads of staff larping as players are still up. I really want to read them.

:)

How is this not chargeback fraud?

16. Skalathrax

next make their account names public

17. LightningFFXIII-4

No wonder Siege guilds are desperate for ppl lol.

18. Atron

2 months ago i would flame you for this comment but god dam man ... the number of high profile people banned in last 2 weeks is incredible.
    I mean i know kids are stupid and they hack .... but some, even streamers with 200+ viewers using hack to gain advantage and risking their 2 years old main accounts ... incredible.

Btw BoostedEliene and Fix8 enjoy Bless or what ever you play now BTW right Eliene BTW (he loved saying btw a lot hehehehe) - i suspected him using hack in PVP for a long time as well but never in my mind i thought he would be stupid enuf to actually use it lol ?

19. Felthswrath

BLESS your efforts!!!! (what... too soon?)

20. Weifi

1. Sadly they do not mention nor email you the violations you've committed from what has been posted on here prior and through the forums.

2. Oddly enough, yes there are still threads but that's a google away, I can't be bothered to look for the links and post them on here as I rather do something better with my time.

3. The charge backs are not by fraud as the account I play with has not been charged back. However, the past account I had and to this day I have not been given a reason as to why it was banned, I did charge back a good portion of it and the rest I was awarded my losses via small claims as Kakao was unable to present any evidence due to their mechanics of detection not being made public to anyone. I.E. they probably still use software that violates personal privacy.

I am just giving my experiences and my two cents. Not here to prove which side has a point and which one doesn't. But as a consumer I do know when people are getting screwed over whether or not they've done something wrong. It is illegal to take money from a consumer whom you've decided to remove from your services. Simply deny the payment and do not risk anything else.

Kasumi ~ likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.