1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Banwave] 3rd Party Software & RMT Services 17/06/2020

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by GM Dew, Jun 17, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Revive

@GM Dew I'm so glad I quit this game last year but didn't dip on the boys so i could post here. You're reasoning is bad. please, do a decent job. You want to perma mappers. Leave them perma banned but show some consistency and perma ban the ones who participated in rmt as well. Stop trying to have your cake and eat it too and do your job properly. As you think to yourself that you have done it properly, newflash, you have not.

#121 Revive, Jun 19, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2020
    Mana_Mafia, Vaely and ManlyBeard like this.
  2. Megta

Megta Archer EU

They have to give information of which data they stored about the person (because of GDPR), but they do not need to tell anyone how they found out he used RMT!

Do you have a source for this or is it just "something you heard has happend"?

Stealthe likes this.
  3. ManlyBeard

Ah yes, the strive towards the same goal of a community free of abusers.

The mappers that didn't get a perma ban and just a slap on the wrist, while there was ample evidence of voice chats where they laughed, spat in your and the community's faces with how they can't and wouldn't be perma banned ... you think those people will all of a sudden stop abusing exploits or participate in future exploits?

Yea, i don't think anyone would believe you if you answer yes to that question.

And a "fair" environment is where you enforce the same punishment for the same type of violation. Not broaden the definition of what is and isn't an exploit when you see fit, or how severe or not as bad it was.

You can't nitpick and then be surprised that fair players in the community are outraged.

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  4. Vaely

When it's laid out like this, one can see that the inconsistency is alarming. There have been many instances of exploiting; however, the punishment seems to depend on the GM, the ToS violated, the guild, and maybe the position of the moon? Saying that the mapping exploit and RMT services are not alike is a disillusion, as they were both said to "violate ToS". A violation is a violation. Yet RMTers can redeem themselves? It's simple, you either have to give everyone a second chance or no one a second chance. What happened to "taking a harsher stance" on exploiting? Was that said just to appease the angry mob? #unbanthemappers

MoonDance17 and Suntooth like this.
  5. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

Both mapping(serious exploit) and rmt should be permabans no queations asked.
    Event if there were some mappers that didnt know(which is ********), rmt is without any doubt without defending

6. Mana_Mafia

Account created yesterday...claims to "know a person" wrongfully banned for RMT.

:MonkaHMMM:

Jackjohnson3000 likes this.
  7. Stealthe

Stealthe SteaIthe Wizard 62 NA

Its their game,they dont need to explain themselves.If they temp ban some and perma ban other that is their decision,they have the facts and access to the historical data on the account and you guys have nothing but "well I know a guy that told me blah blah"...

8. OptimusPrime

are you trying to get ad revenue by using clickbait titles? it's not a banwave if you let them keep their items, and let them continue playing.

change the thread title to something more honest and appropriate. we get it, you don't want our respect. at least have some self-respect.

"[Banwave] 3rd Party Software & RMT Services 17/06/2020"

into:

[Breach of our own TOS] Not banning for RMT Services and other exploits to piss off all the honest people that play Black Desert Online

9. YufineBianca

Hello @GM Dew Was wondering if your get around to answer a few questions for a inspiring twitch transgender streamer YufineBianca!!! please and thank you kiss kiss nuzzle wuzzle owo

10. Megta

Megta Archer EU

And why do think you have to mention this in every post you make? Do you think because you say that you are a streamer and trans, you deserve an answer more then anybody else?

MoonDance17 likes this.
  11. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

Self promotion with a bit of self justification perhaps?

12. Megta

Megta Archer EU

since there is no streamer with this name on twitch, I don't think it's promotion.

13. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

Ah!

14. Stealthe

Stealthe SteaIthe Wizard 62 NA

A simple fix to all the issues in this thread is just to not release these stats.Nothing good will come of it other than fueling crybabies.

The details on bans certainly isnt information the player base have a right to know.And unless you can get a million people to all agree on the same thing the minority that doesnt will always flame the thread but goodluck because even getting 2 people in this game to agree on anything is a monumental task.

15. Boink

Is this before the player in question enhance or is it the end results? Because normally when I let my cat play the game for x amount of hours. I just logged in and enhanced and if I hit the enhance I give my cats treats. Coz If someone employed Cats like I do and made tremendous gains with said silver... "it doesn't matter if you removed it" they used the silver already. Just like Afuaru maps it doesn't matter if you guys penalize them 1x multiplier they used the silver already.

Just like my cats turned the treats I gave them to poop. I can't remove the treats.

Do you guys even play your game?

16. Myntiix

They can just remove the gear? Do you people even use the thing in your head?

17. Boink

They never said anything like that. They removed the silver and we can safely assume just like what they did with Afuaru maps that they remove and put a negative mark in said silver value

Tell me since you are so smart. Tell me where the GM said they removed the gear.

Now if you don't see it. Do YOU even use the thing in your head? YOUR EYES.

Rinnagans, MoonDance17 and Factorial like this.
  18. Factorial

You are better off doing nothing. People break the TOS and you give them weak sauce suspension so...they can do it again. Why ban some people but put others in time out? Your enforcement of the TOS is a joke based on RNG. Get out of here.

Boink and MoonDance17 like this.
  19. Rubio

It is really true that they suck as a support I lived it in the first pesona, they forced us to change the guild name saying it was offensive and as proof to the contrary I provided him with documents that it was not so but I seemed to be talking to some sucklings who point their feet and get a tantrum as the answer to my interlucution tiket I was told that they didn't want to listen to me.
    I want to remind the GM RNG that there are guilds that clearly violate the Tos but do not take measures such as UPS with name and logo covered by copyraght.

20. MisterJoy

I am not sure under which laws the servers runs, since in some regions you take responsibility if you don't remove copyright infringements yourself and in some the copyright owner has to make the claim first.