1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Banwave] 3rd Party Software & RMT Services 17/06/2020

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by GM Dew, Jun 17, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Grottis

12.2. BREACHES AND OUTCOMES

Based on its severity, the violation of the service policies as provided in Article 12.1 may result in, but not limited to, one of the following:
    - A temporary impossibility to post messages on the relevant Service;
    - The renaming of the name violating the naming policy;
    - A warning;
    - A temporary ban forbidding the User to use the relevant Service;
    - A temporary ban forbidding the User to post messages on the Forums and to access the Game;
    - A permanent ban forbidding the User to use the relevant Service;
    - A permanent ban forbidding the User to post messages on the Forums and to access the Game;
    - A permanent ban on the Account forbidding the User to use the Account to access the Services;
    - The termination of the Agreement for cause.
    Kakao Games Europe shall ensure the proportionality of the sanction(s) in relation to the severity of the violation. Kakao Games Europe will not become liable for any costs, losses or damage made or suffered by User due to Kakao Games Europe imposing (a) sanction(s) on User.
    The violation of Articles 12.1.3. (Use of unauthorized programs), 12.1.4. (Use of Exploits), 12.1.5. (Threats to the provision of the Services), 12.1.7. (Modification of the Game Client), 12.1.8. (Selling Account(s) or item(s)), 12.1.9. (Violation of law) shall qualify as a Default under Article 17.3. (Termination for cause) and justify the permanent ban of any involved Account as well as any Account owned by the User and the immediate termination of the Agreement for cause by Kakao Games Europe.

So, for how long did these accounts get suspended since it isn't severe enough to justify a permanent ban.
    It would be interesting to know how you value real money trading.

2. Jackjohnson3000

I didn't use my account as there have been multiple people who have been banned by GM's for posting negative things in forums. I am not taking any unnecessary actions and getting my account banned as well. It is actually a person in my guild who was banned for enhancing and selling manos items to buy caphras stones but because he sold at min price to get money quickly he was accused of RMT with no proof of such happening. I was there when he tapped the manos and listed them on the marketplace.

Thank you,

There is an official post on the forum from GM Rhotaaz himself apologizing for wrongfully banning people. Also as far as the privacy policy goes the only way to determine they were using RMT to obtain gear or items in game would be off the data collected from you so in turn you are allotted that information via their privacy policy. Otherwise it would be by someone reporting them and then it is just hear say and not a viable method of banning people.

72 Hours was the ban of the person I know.

#142 Jackjohnson3000, Jun 20, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2020
  3. Megta

Megta Archer EU

Oh you mean the banwave, where they wrongfully banned a few hundred steam accounts because the used a program which produced many false positives?
    But I was asking for a source for your "bann people because of personal reasons" accusation!

And now I'm also asking for a source for your "multiple have been banned by GM's for posting negative things in forums" accusation!

4. YufineBianca

Hi Hi YufineBiancia here! Please dont attack other people on the forums cause you cant understand them and need to step into other peoples shoes!!! Kiss Kiss @GM Dew Some people made some points and wondering if you could kindly answer them !
    Once again toon in to my Transgender Twitch and join the community with love in our heart!!! Kiss kiss!!

5. Megta

Megta Archer EU

You feel attacked because I asked you something?
    In this case, please don't attack GM Dew!

6. TeRRoRibleOne

If people got banned from the game for being negative on the forums, I would have been the first person banned for that..... so that's a nice lie.

7. Boink

Wow so pretty much no rollbacks and they get to keep the gear from RMT. What a surprise there!?!

Another loan for the exploiters. No punishment must be great to break T.O.S. and get away with it.

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  8. Roxies

Reverting gear to the previous state before said account user began pilot/RMT services at the very least would've made this sting a lot less, and probably been much more widely accepted as a punishment. Exploit early and often I guess. :shrug:

@GM_Dew While I understand the needs of the business comes first, all you've done is set a dangerous precedent that your brand will pay for on the back end. It's not too late to make things right, you are in fact the owners of the accounts, and you'll retain a much stronger client base through proactive enforcement (reverting gear) versus the path of least resistance (temp bans/silver value). To reach the gear level that most of the people abusing pilot/RMT services have reached (Caphras 9+ Armors/Weapons/Full pen Armors & Accessories) is such a huge hump for people to overcome, that they still effectively come out ahead even with a negative bank balance.

Mana_Mafia and Boink like this.
  9. Roxies

Also, let's not forget that the people that abused RMT services got to keep their high levels/skill points. Some are even level 65 at this point.

Mana_Mafia and MoonDance17 like this.
  10. Boink

I don't understand. If the goal of the game is to level and gear up. The same reason why they use RMT. Why do they get to keep it and as a punishment the GMs 'put a negative mark" on silver? It doesn't matter if they add -2 trillion silver, they got the gear and level up. In-game currency DOESN'T matter at that point.

Why can't the GM's understand this? I really do question if the GM's in this game ACTUALLY PLAYS THE GAME.

Mana_Mafia and MoonDance17 like this.
  11. Stealthe

Im not sure how the negative silver works exactly,is it just for the silver on mp?...not sure but if they are not able to purchase even small things that would be devestating.No cron meals,potions,droughts,repair gear.

If that is the case it would nearly render the account unplayable.

12. Megta

Megta Archer EU

How can you get skill points and levels for buying silver for real money?

13. Boink

I assume it is the same crap punishment as the Afuaru maps. It's more likely by the marketplace. Only one can dream of the negative score on warehouse and inventory but that's unlikely.

The RMT pilots the account.... hard to RMT in this game like the usual item trades lol

14. Megta

Megta Archer EU

Negative silver means, you can't repair anything or buy anything untill you are in plus again.

15. Boink

Ok the last negative silver punishment (Afuaru Maps) was in the Marketplace balance NOT via storage or personal inventory. It be more likely the same here to "reflect" someone's action.

16. Roxies

It's central market only

17. Grottis

So in conclusion.

I can hire some poor soul from a low income country to grind on my account for 10-11 hours a day while I am at work. I make decent amount of money IRL and I am at a decent gear level since I have played the game for four years, even though I pretty much gave up to stay competitive when you let sea monster hunting get out of hand together with the real money trading that was involved back then.

It should have been pretty easy to track who joined guilds just before payouts and who in that guild got a low-tier payout while the newly joined person got a high tier payout. Maybe it isn't a proof that would hold up in court. But I doubt you had enough evidence against the people you wrongly banned in the past either, so it kind of evens out I guess.

So anyways the hours of grinding I can hire some poor soul to do on my account will net me a decent amount of money that I with a bit of luck can use to get full pen gear with high caphra levels.

The risk I am taking for doing this is a 3 day vacation, and if I prepare for the worst I can buy enough cron meals and draughts to be safe for around one month that I have to suffer through with a negative warehouse to get back into the positive.

This seems very fair towards the people that try to follow the terms of use.

In all business decisions and investments you do research where you get the most bang for the buck. In this case it is pretty clear where you should look to get a good return of investment. And it definitely isn't in the direction I assume Kakao Games and Pearl Abyss really want the money to go.

I also have a plan of making friends with some GMs to have an extra layer of safety.
    Because clearly the policy against conflict of interest is nonexistant within this company as is shown by the recent shai-music event.

WhySoSeeryus likes this.
  18. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

Saying they put a negative amount on the central market funds does not mean they took away the personal funds carried on each alt. It also does not mean they removed bars of silver stored in carriages or the ability to gain silver from the vendor or from imperial turn ins.

19. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

just grind some crap trashloot for some silver if needed, get oasis meals (convenient) until u cook your own batches of food (or just use some of those meal boxes we got over the course of the game that are probably just sitting in some storage on in black spirit safe), and its not like making some draughts is rocket science. u can be self sufficient without marketpleace with some mild annoyances.

20. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

I am saying here that they still have plenty of silver and even if they didn't they can soon earn it with all the gear they have. The punishments are never adequate in my opinion.