1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Banwave] 3rd Party Software & RMT Services 17/06/2020

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by GM Dew, Jun 17, 2020.

Tags:
  1. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

whats even worse they are giving them basically zero interest loans and these people have probably multiplied that money with rmtd silver many times over. i mean imagine buying 20 bil silver and then getting carried with getting few pens and some tet accs, then later someone tells you u will "lose" 20 bil. HAHAHAHAHAH, where do i sign up? aight?

GMs have to realize when they dont punish these people its like they are giving a giant **** YOU message to legit players. and its repeating over and over again... and sometimes they even ignore stuff for so long (SMH+payouts) it basically ruined the game years ago, some people are legit so far ahead in gear that its retarded. they had gear people dream about today and better few years ago.

2. YufineBianca

Hello Yufine here! im a cute Transgender streamer on Twitch going for partner! My community is loving and respectful!
    @GM Dew Could you please explain what ToU violations results in what actions? it seems that any violation of any ToU should be the same ban or a warning? Why cant people from maps that you banned make amends like the people hiring low wage workers in 3rd world countries or the RMTers? It seems if you do the math from mapers vs RMT people the people who RMT made ~25 bil each and effected the economy and game in a greater way but, received a lesser punishment? could we get details on how far back some RMT violations occurred? so we know how long the person played and pretended to be legit?

Jinoro likes this.
  3. Caldra

Having played this game for four years, I have invested a lot of time and money into this game. I still love bdo very much. However, I am in extremely disappointed in Kakao games inability to protect my time and money invested. I have played this game legitimately for four years. Yet we have people cheating by going to third party websites and buying money. Not only do they devalue my work put into the game, but they make progression even harder.

What is Kakao’s response to these cheaters? A suspension…. This is unacceptable. You send a message to everyone that you are not taking the rmting seriously. Nor are you serious about protecting legitimate players. Rmting has done far more damage to the games economy than exploiting mapping/digging/two workers on one node or even speed hacking has ever done. Your decision to suspend or ban makes no sense what so ever and lacks consistency with other decisions to ban. Kakao games continues to tarnish its reputation in policing its games and is losing credibility with the legitimate player base.

I hope you seriously reconsider your decision to suspend and convert them to full bans. The people that are providing these services are not dumb and will be actively trying to evade your detection. The players who use these services are laughing at your ability to track/punish them. Sadly without real punishment they will continue to cheat because if caught they only receive a slap on the wrist.

4. Megta

Megta Archer EU

Hello Megta here! im a giant pink elephant with blue wings who loves to blow bubbles! would you be so kind and tell us your twitch name or stop posting this stupid introduction every time!

ManlyBeard and MoonDance17 like this.
  5. YufineBianca

Yufine here! and its kinda sad when you go on the forums just to quote me cause you do not like who I am and wont embrace it! I wont give you my twitch with my thousands of fan so you can go there too and spread hate @GM Dew @CM Servantes Will this thread be updated by any GM answering questions the community has still on this issue? or will it be ignored like most other threads that the community has questions about?

Kiss kiss have a good day! Nuzzles!

6. Alterist

Senior Volunteer Moderator

You have a single digit viewer count on twitch (as of writing this post you're playing PoE). You may as well drop your act now.

7. YufineBianca

You must be mistaken cause I have not streamed in two days so please don't make false claims. Is that why you are a mod to further harassment of people who just want answers to questions? @CM Servantes I have done nothing wrong but ask questions and people on the forums have jumped on me for being me!

Kiss kiss!

#167 YufineBianca, Jun 21, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
  8. Megta

Megta Archer EU

It's not who you are, it's how you act!

And you don't need to call for Servantes or Dew, because they know I, or anyone else here, has harassed you in any way.
    You are the one who claims to be a streamer with a big community and going to be a partner who thinks deserves an answer from a GM because of this, but you have never posted anything which proves it.

9. Argiel

@GM Dew

I have a question regarding the punishment. Are you allowed as a company to make youre own decision when you ban people or not or has that go through PearlAbyss?
    More simply: Can they just say no if you want to ban someone?

I just recently learned that RMT Services developed out of PC Bangs in Korea arount the start of the
    millennium. Thatswhy i am a bit worried about that since it seems to me that RMT is kinda inherent to their culture and therefore i am kinda doubting that they will be very strict towards punishing RMT-Users.

10. KeK0011

KeK0011 62 EU

Delete

#170 KeK0011, Jun 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
  11. YufineBianca

Hello Yufine here! im a cute Transgender streamer on Twitch going for partner! My community is loving and respectful!
    @GM Dew Could you please explain what ToU violations results in what actions? it seems that any violation of any ToU should be the same ban or a warning? Why cant people from maps that you banned make amends like the people hiring low wage workers in 3rd world countries or the RMTers? It seems if you do the math from mapers vs RMT people the people who RMT made ~25 bil each and effected the economy and game in a greater way but, received a lesser punishment? could we get details on how far back some RMT violations occurred? so we know how long the person played and pretended to be legit??

as always <3 and peace Kiss kiss! Yufine!

12. Megta

Megta Archer EU

Simple answer: no.
    Kakao is the publisher and they can decide who they ban and PA has nothing to say in here.

The origin of RMT is China and not South Korea.

13. Mana_Mafia

You forget Oasis Vendor crons exist, lol.

It doesn't render the accounts unplayable at all, they just can't use the MP.

14. Boink

Please help us understand. We are curious about your protocols regarding cheat, exploits and now RMT.

If the reason why players RMT or buy services is to GEAR and LEVEL UP. And if the suspension is the only way to punish them. Why not rollbacks on these 2 values instead of giving them negative silver? Because if they got the gear and levels they have higher access to procure back those silver. They are grinding faster because they RMT.

I feel like we see a trend here. It's the same rationale behind players who got caught with Afuaru maps exploit. Let's be honest here it's not a punishment, it's a LOAN. At least RMT is "severe" enough to warrant a 3 day rest time after RMT for X amount of years. Sounds like a freaking bargain to anyone that wants to risk it.

MoonDance17 and Mana_Mafia like this.
  15. TeRRoRibleOne

That was the issue with the punishment they gave to a good chunk of the 400 mappers..... all they had to do is pay their grinding service to grind off the offset which multiple of them actually did. They were given 2 full weeks to prepare for this very thing and knew they would probably lose the silver.... Yet they got a slap on the wrist plus cheated again afterwards. It's annoying at this point they aren't taking a harder stance on cheaters, it makes people not want to play their game if they know if others cheat they don't get a real punishment.

Jinoro likes this.
  16. Argiel

First of all i didn't speak about the origin of RMT. I spoke about where RMT developed in Korea. It's on you to proof by facts now that RMT origins in China when you make that claim.

"The birth and Rise of RMT in Korea directly resulted from local trading between PC bang owners and their visitor."² Based on that i therefore conclude that its inherent to their culture because PC bangs is a very big thing there. On that facts i assume that since its a cultural thing for them to have RMT-Users they will not punish them strictly as we would do in "western world".

² Larissa Hjorth, Dean Chan. Gaming Cultures and Places in Asia-Pacific ISBN 9781135843175

17. Megta

Megta Archer EU

This is only in korea and local (with real interactions between 2 real persons) and most of them are "resellers" of stuff they bought from the publisher. (It's like a merchandise shop in the PC Bang)
    So the stuff they sell to their local customers is all legaly acquired. They also do not sell any leveling service, this has something to do with the dignity of korean gamers.

The spammers we have (and every other game in the western world) are all from china (if you find one you can check it on their website. But I will not link any here!).
    The sellers use bots and stolen credit cards to gain the money they sell or to level an account. So everything they do is illegal.

So there is a big difference between RMT in korean PC Bangs (if you don't know, PC Bangs are PC Cafes where the gamers play because most of them do not have PCs at home) and RMT in the western world.

18. YufineBianca

Hello Yufine here! im a cute Transgender streamer on Twitch ! My community is loving and respectful!
    @GM Dew Any Updates or answers to the questions in this thread at all?

19. ItsSten

Sadly this is the level of professionalism coming from Kakao who time and time again show us how incompetent they are. The community has always largely blamed PA for the failures with communicating to Kakao and then passing information to the EU/NA community, but they're wrong the problem sits within the lack of experience and training by Kakao for their employees.

Kakao may as well at this stage just post "Bravo Six, going dark", lock the thread and not even bother leaving further community announcements from Kakao as an open forum for discussion.

#179 ItsSten, Jun 24, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
  20. Foggen

Foggen Musa 64 NA

Pretty toxic for a moderator tbh.

Yuugo and MADE like this.