1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Banwave] 3rd Party Software & RMT Services 23/09/2020

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by GM Dew, Sep 23, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Broodex

Broodex PvP Sorceress 62 NA

Give it up o.o

They don't communicate because they know everything you're saying's a flat out lie. ^-^

The reason the ban numbers are always so moderate aka not in bulk is because they're 100% sure of them all.... If you got banned... adios amigo

Lillesofie likes this.
  2. LilithDragonFlower

Remember can't use 2Factor because you all don't offer reliable 2FA / SMS verification?

3. Caelum

I don't post on the BDO forums because I took a very long break and I've never been very active in the BDO forums but I do know that my friend has not done any of the RMT, I watched him do the method and he told me what to do in order to make the money, the worst part is that we have all of the screenshots from the GM's trying to quote him the copy paste RMT response without actually listening to him. I am glad that they are working towards further solutions for RMT related issues but they did get some innocent people with this wave.

He also didn't just agree for bank statements, he agreed to sharing his social insurance number with the company so they could check everything, and is still actively fighting the ticket and working on making a public video about it. It makes no sense for someone who did RMT to do this, if someone was participating in RMT it would not be in their best interest to regain access to an account that was flagged already because now it's under more scrutiny. Logically this is just them being jackasses about undoing a wrong because they're not willing to accept that their so called system has a glitch.

You're entitled to think/feel anything you want but I'm confident that my guildmate did not lie as I have known him for a very long time and he does not agree with spending money on third party services for boosts in games, he and another person were on the same IP address doing a market method that I personally witnessed and I'm fairly certain their utilizing tracking a threshold of income per account and if those accounts share IP addresses to track the method, because other guildmates of mine did the method and did not get banned.

Try spending money on services that draw from any account, yes you can argue bitcoin but honestly if we're just going to cop out and say that the person is guilty because the possibility exists that he could hide it, then we also get to go on the other side and say that the method they're using to track down and ban players potentially has flaws and that some of the accounts may have well not actually participated in actually purchasing silver from RMT services, I understand it's most people's inclination to just believe a verdict is a fair outcome, but I don't post on the forums and this isn't even about my account. The main fact is not that I'm upset about the banning, it's how they've handled him trying to appeal it and try to give every bit of evidence and honesty about the situation and I've personally seen how terribly the GM's have handled it on all of the tickets as they keep just copy pasting an RMT use will not be tolerated speech and not addressing any of his questions, on top of that he didn't just offer his bank statements, he offered to give them access to everything of his to prove he hasn't done it.

It makes no sense for weeks on end, that a person would continue to appeal a false banning of RMT as that account is already now under more of a watch and moving forward it would be much easier to monitor RMT related activity, whether you believe it or not is your decision, but this is one thing they did get wrong.

4. Grottis

Please give us more details about this market method.

5. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 64 EU

people use clever ingame mechanics and multiple accounts to feed the main account or pay someone to feed their main account and then they come to forums with surprised pikachu face if they get banned. "we didn' kno'! we innocent! ook ook!"

6. RoxiAmbrosia

I just wanted to say thank you.

For taking ownership, and responsibility that the false positive banwave, did in fact happen and not sweep it under the rug. It was a very nasty experience, and I wish it had been handled differently. But, it really does go a long way, at least for me, toward rebuilding some kind of trust with your development team.

Again, thank you.

Also, Dew, is this true?

FairlyEnjoyable likes this.