1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Banwave] 3rd Party Software

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by GM Dew, Jul 24, 2019.

1. GM Dew

Game Master

Greetings Adventurers,

In our ongoing efforts to reduce the use of hacks and cheats in Black Desert Online and create a fair space for everyone to enjoy the game, we’ve executed a banwave on the use of 3rd Party Software during today's maintenance.

Today we have banned 76 accounts from Black Desert Online with the following breakdown: -

Fishbots: 20
    Speed Hacks: 56

We thank all of our players who have helped us with this investigation by reporting those that would seek to gain an unfair advantage over honest players.

- BDO Team

***Edit***

Additionally, we wanted to take a moment to address concerns that people will be prevented from using certain gaming mouse and keyboard software. We currently have no plans to take such measures and this is in no way reflected in today’s banwave.

#1 GM Dew, Jul 24, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2019
    SlXX, Ventesa, Darlgon and 26 others like this.
  2. Aurasormr

I've been waiting for this... now i'll see if i get banned for the trade macro magic from PoE.

Also.. first ?

3. JustAWeeb

JustAWeeb JustAWeeb Tamer 61 EU

Down with the hackers!

4. Nyavenger

I can't wait to get banned because I have some of my hotbar skills bound to my mouse side buttons

Kealias likes this.
  5. Aurasormr

damn.. me too.. QQ

Kealias likes this.
  6. GM Rhotaaz

Lead Game Master

Additionally, we wanted to take a moment to address concerns that people will be prevented from using certain gaming mouse and keyboard software. We currently have no plans to take such measures and this is in no way reflected in today’s banwave.

Hacksaw, Icywave, o0ABC0o and 11 others like this.
  7. oR-Bishop

oR-Bishop Sunspot Valkyrie 62 NA

Yesterday, some ship attacked one of my guild in margoria. They said, "want to see a trick?" then repaired all of their damage instantly, then sank ours.

I will have my affected member send in a ticket.
    I doubt anything will come of it. These hacks have been going on for literally years. Too little, too late imo.

8. Sibyyl

Fishbots

[​IMG]

Desado likes this.
  9. BiggusD

Its called Tears of the Wind and you find the item in pearl shop for 200 pearls or in Loyalty shop for 300L.I believe there is a crafting note but not actually obtainable in game. In my opinion that item should be disabled during pvp as unbalance the battle quite severely.

10. oR-Bishop

oR-Bishop Sunspot Valkyrie 62 NA

Their ship wasn't destroyed. They just repaired their damage to full from broken sails
    You see the problem?

11. NoisyBoy

He means there is a hack where you can make your ship invulnerable and get auto repared. Its been on at least for one year. We have send like 12 vids of the same guy using it and he is still sailing like nothing happened. Dont know how you can be that slow when your customers does all your work

12. Lillekolibri

Always make me smile! Keep it up.

13. SNIPboy

14. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Ninja

thats good news!

15. Amirite

This is both EU and NA right?

We want more taken down, I really see many. I remember back in the old days, we had a wish of being able to hunt the bots down (and get a reward for it) as I remember it. That would be fun. Let have the tool's to do that and lock those bots, hackers etc. behind bars :P

16. reconkangas

Our GM caught a speed hacker and took video of it along with a flare... I hope they are booted.

The whole guild is all speed hackers and has a Ton of comments from a lot of people there catching and reporting them

#16 reconkangas, Jul 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
  17. KillZacular

Lol we have heard that statement several times before.

"We have no plans of implementing valks cry."
    "We have no plans of making shudad available for purchase"
    "BDO cash shop will not be pay 2 win"

Etc etc... Hopefully this time you guys keep your promise. Realistically we know you guys just implement whatever KR gives you, let's just hope you put up a solid fight and arguments to get them to remove it.

18. TwilightAngel

If PA adds it to a patch they have no choice

Really also talking about shudad LOL sorry but PA remade it and added it to all versions. The original is not the same as the updated one and the orginal was fugly

19. flybil.schim

you know maybe it's because he spent 1000€ every month since years they cannot just ban him, he's a "good" client financially they don't want to lose money so they close their eyes!!

20. Jannanomana

Jannanomana DarkKnight EU

you know that kakao doesnt give a damn about how many a player spent.... if there is one thing kakao is very serious about, its this.
    Few Months ago the biggest whale on EU got banned (he payed people for pen accesouries listing, cron stoned full pen, payed guilds for payouts, bough costumes to get cronstones to sell them to get money to "bypass" costum limit reached.... and and and...) No name. cause no shameing. but if you play EU you would know him :) Hint. it was a Ninja and he had some barcode name recently.