1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Banwave] 3rd Party Software

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by GM Rhotaaz, Oct 23, 2019.

Tags:
  1. reconkangas

There are lots of things that amaze me sometimes in this game.

I have watched streamers hit for PEN on 40FS's just for giggles and pop it, I have watched streamers as well as other gamers fail repeatedly to PEN @ 200+FS, the Sheer will power it takes to continue to play this game after watching a Tri blackstar fail to TET on the 80th attempt (two 250+FS now) to have a guildie pop his to TET with a 60FS 1st attempt... the countless hours of grinding, gathering and processing just to gain a single AP is mind numbing at times.
    The countless hours of training PVP constantly in the battle arena, velia_4 and RBF training to get better all to get washed away by some poge with a 10ish ping to your servers living in San Jose California were i am east coast with 70-120 ish ping Using Exitlag and get literally almost stomped because of serverlag issues and getting zero CC's grabs anything going thru making people like this almost untouchable my only saving grace is GS which allowed me to get up after getting CC even though i was almost combo'd.. REALLY HARD TO KEEP GOING... all this and my main is 62 and 20% to 63 though i have 5+at 61 and several 60's...

It simply amazes me sometimes when i think just how much grinding it takes to get 63 let alone 65?!?!? puts it in the how in the F much time does he spend grinding does he work for a living???? or is he a streamer that gets paid to play?!?!? cuz 65 is just nutz at the current xp gain let alone what it was like last year.

in the current state of this game between the FPS , ping and class balance to get 65 is a feat in itself so my hat is off to yah.

2. soulhsu

Why you cant show us the character name you banned. Since I keep seeing the same character name using speed hacker over and over in underwater it make me feels like you guys just didn't take any action instead just posting some ban wave number and try to ease people's anger. Today I saw another same person using speed hack again and swap channel instantly when he saw me. Are you guys really ban people or just it is a joke.

Mana_Mafia and MMoNoob like this.
  3. Whitrix

Ambassador

Privacy laws.

4. soulhsu

The U.S law? I doubt it. Because I am pretty sure the Taiwan server provide the name and I think Korea server does too.

Mana_Mafia and MMoNoob like this.
  5. reconkangas

There is no such law in US code.. that is a company policy as well as a forum rule.

A) No personal information is given
    B) No IP adress or email adress is given to link accounts with a person's identity.
    NO constitutional rights being broken eather.

Outing a person's fam name AND char name is doing nothing but shaming a person's ACCOUNT for cheating. Heck unless they identify themselves or out themselves no one will know who they are in RL.

please do not confuse your companies rules and forum rules with actual case law..

#25 reconkangas, Oct 29, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
  6. Whitrix

Ambassador

The people in the ambassador program are not employees of Kakao Games.
    I was under the impression that it was indeed because of privacy laws. If it's not, I apologize.

7. reconkangas

Please do not take my direct manner as criticism of you personally.
    You cant get the full picture of what somone is trying to say with just words alone becouse it comes off as arrogant and impassioned statements none of which were intended to cause harm.

I was just pointing out with examples how laws regarding regulation of information and storage of information ESPECIALLY account access and personal information are guarded very closely.

This Is totally different than just simply outing ones account name that has ZERO personal information or data attached to it. (This is company policy AND forum policy) not actual laws..

It's not like Facebook were your personal identity is linked with online social media platforms and you can be Doxxed any number of ways.. this is I am thinking were people and developers mistake this for actual laws.

#27 reconkangas, Oct 29, 2019
    LuigiC and Whitrix like this.
  8. soulhsu

Ya that is why I am curious about if it is just the company rules why other server can provide the name. That is why I feel those GM just try to bush us off. They don't care about those hackers they just care about how to make more money from us.

9. reconkangas

I am all for posting there names in a public place and leaving a permanent marker on there account. yah know Rockstar does the same thing with GTA5 online puts dunce caps on them and so on making it very public i mean heck they could make it were these accounts cant kill anyone and are not allowed in the cities and are perma red no gear can be put on them allowing anyone to one shot them perm. i can go over many platforms that do it one way or another. These accounts are usually sold off on some of these auction sites to unsuspecting customers that buy them and get banned.

Why are the Dev's and the publisher protecting these guys for cheating and not making it a 3 ring circus event and burning them at the stake.. or some other form of public punishment to set an example is beyond me TBH. but thats there policy and god help you if you break it you will get banned NOT the speed hackers or cheaters they are hell bent on protecting them. They should be instituting an IP ban/cpu ID ban as well not just the account closure.

The worst part is knowing that the hacking is an issue they offer free accounts AGAIN?!?!?!!?

#29 reconkangas, Oct 29, 2019
    WhySoSeeryus likes this.
  10. NoBody in particular

SO YOU DO NOT WANT THEM TO NOT BAN FOR HACKS, CHEATS, AND EXPLOITERs IS THAT WHAT MAKEs YOUR LOGIC RIGHT? I think it works both ways, How about everyone gets banned and those who play right have to fight to get theirs back with your type of liberal logic.

No where has it said that every player that was banned in that block got all the accounts re instated. In fact I know from reading the past posts that not everyone of them got their accounts back. Because like most cry babies hackers they cried about it all the time.

They should post the servers they actually ban players on as well as servers. At least we can weed out those who jump forums to cry about something too.

11. Nicknero1405

Nicknero1405 Lanayru Witch 62 EU
    Ambassador

I believe I've read somewhere (but don't quote me on this) it's a company rule (and a very obvious one at that) that 1:1 situations, which a ban basically becomes between the player in question and the staff members, should not be shared with the public for privacy reasons.
    This is not a place to name and shame people. That is also the reason why "Witch Hunting" is against the rules (At least on our Discord server, but probably on the forums too).
    And also the reason why if you report a player, the staff can only reply with something like: "Thanks, we got your report. Unfortunately we cannot give you the results of what we are going to do with the player that you reported."

12. This has actually happened, hence my original comment. Not everyone, but a lot of legitimate players got banned because of an algorithmic error that Kakao did not take time to double check, even though they said they double check all bans.

I was not personally in that or any ban wave, but the existence of such cases and the fallout of the poor way it was handled afterward is one of the reasons I stopped playing this game.

13. Mana_Mafia

Russia too.

14. reconkangas

The issue is not "WItch" hunting we are refering to..

The main issue here is that people are posting pics and videos not of "alleged" speed hackers these are Speed hackers caught In the act. There are VERY specific tell tale signs of a speed hacker not of a ninja/sorc using skills or like a meahwa/musa dashing. These videos show what EVERY PERSON SPEED HACKING looks like while they are doing it.

To compound the problem it looks to EVERYONE here in forums as well as in game that sends in video, pictures WITH account names and fam names. yet we continue to see these guys not over just a WEEK in some cases over a month or more.

Out of frustration we post here only to get banned claiming "Witch hunting" or "Outing" someone that is SO OBVIOUSLY speed hacking you cant miss it.. but then the Dev's do NOTHING our tickets seem to go on ignore when it is VERY SIMPLE to check to see if they are speed hacking.

HECK you guys have GM accounts avaiable for a reason, 30 seconds to poof collect video and game information BANNED that simple.
    Second EVERY game is registered with an IP, FAKE or not it is also linked with the person's corresponding CPU batch# and serial# all that info cant be faked (it can be masked) but not deleted. A single line of code when registration of an account (I am guessing you do this to prevent people from opening multiple accounts then getting the rewards to there main) can check it against a white/black list to even be able to start another account so you dont get repeated hacker accounts.
    Granted this wont stop actual hackers I am talking coders here not these nitwits that download 3rd party software and use it I am talking hackers that make the 3rd party software thatvwont get caught BUT why would they hack BDO there is more money elsewhere SO these basic speed hacking guys dont have the knowledge it takes to mask or ghost a CPU just saying.

There are SO many different things that you guys can do to fix this but it seems more and more that eather you accept hackers OR protect them by any means INCLUDING here banning us for name shaming them.

#34 reconkangas, Nov 1, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
    NoBody in particular likes this.
  15. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush Juicey_Lemon Witch 62 NA

The problem is you think BDO matters to them. It doesn't. They check in on it every now and then and push updates from PA to keep the cash grab going.

It would take a few hours for a GM to get on and go through each channel banning all the speed hackers that are literally there all day everyday. But thats just it they dont have in game GM's that do that..... they have software that does it in the background while they work on other titles.

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  16. reconkangas

I agree BUT they could very easily add in code on registration and log in that can stop this if they chose to do so.. heck even add code within BDO that does a random behind the scenes file check to quietly run in the background every 30 mins or so.
    My main point stands they are accepting of it and cover for them.

17. The idea behind protecting the privacy of the banned is so that the banned can easily reintegrate with their social group in game.

There's always the plausible deniability that the user lost access to their account by some other means.

Plenty of other NA and EU based games publish the account names of players that violate their terms.

Kakao just doesn't because they get more revenue from a player starting over than a player shamed from ever coming back.

edit: English :v

#37 Thelemna, Nov 1, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2019
    I Am Mother and Mana_Mafia like this.
  18. Atakarias

many hackers in polly forest!

19. TIT/\N

another banwave where they get people falsely banned what a great job and the actual hackers are still out there with all the shady stuff you guys have been pulling im shocked people still talk good about this game for one i know i dont put the game on a podium it has its ups but many many downs
    P2W/False Bans/Lack of new content through out the year/Bugs Glitches many many crashes and server issues/visual and lack of costume fixing/lack of requested content/forum and media presence is also not flattering
    just the culmination of all these things really show the colors of the devs in KR and their publishers

NexusMercer likes this.
  20. reconkangas

It's a game.....

Every game that I have been a part of or interested in has the SAME thing happening. The 1st place I check before I start playing a game is the forums and from experience your complaints have the same common theme.

Of course some games have much worse "Star Citizen" is a real good example of this crownd funding monstrosity of a nightmare from release to content coming very slow soo on..

I can mention other games as well you make it sound like BDO is the worst game ever and honestly I know that one is wrong.

IDK visually BDO is one of the top ranked games in my book including the game play as well as combat BUT you need a top end computer and hardware to play it at a level that it does it justice. This is usually the 1st set of complaint in a game...
    "runs like a slug" , "constant lag" , "servers are garbage". These 3 are usually a combination of hardware, low FPS and high ping usually some ISP issue thrown is as well.

Content well cant argue with you. They are on there own path with that and it kinda links in with the complaints here about removing hackers seems to fall on deaf ears BUT what game have I played were the DEV's actually listen to the community. ZERO.

My personal favorite is group content everyone wants group content HOW ABOUT giving everyone equal drops and XP everywhere not just in murmok or gyfen. Dungeons things that get harder and harder the deeper you go bigger and bigger payouts that make it worth doing like alter of blood but for 20 people?!?!? Guild content so on. BUT NO we get ocean content where one person can shoot cannons <--- so sad.

This ocean content Is a VERY GOOD EXAMPLE, they increase taxes to pay outs 500mil+ then are fixing an exploit in SMH that they killed off after decreasing drop rates and killing revenue to the guilds. Now you cant ram and the drop rate and payout for killing sea monsters is pathetic at it's best this ocean content was DOR (dead on arrival).

We all been screaming for class balancing to be complete and then HERE COMES BDO MOBILE..."SIGH"..

As is in all money making sceams they are exploiting as much as possible as a whole I.E. consol ps4,xbox so on then mobile(cash grab worse than PC prices are higher for stuff) they are gonna take as much as they can then forget about the people that got them there until the run on BDO is gone then they will close shop or come back to PC.

This has a distinct feel now of a skeleton crew working on BDO long wait time on response to tickets(was not like this when I started until about a month before shadow arena), weeks if not months getting rid of speed hackers. Low end content or very slow release(manos) that makes zero sense Hashra ruins, ocean content to name a few. Should I name the SHAI intro video with the giant crab boss that's no place in this game at all?!?!?

#40 reconkangas, Nov 3, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2019