1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bartering: Thank you for reading.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by T800, Feb 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Allan1985

wich makes it fair, grinding many hrs is tiresome, and bartering many hrs is boring, i have been in both sides and both have their goods and bads.

2. Preslavv

Yeah, and thats what im trying to say. Maybe not very calmly, but I got carried away :)

Ofdimaelr and Allan1985 like this.
  3. Korpii

Ekhm op forgot to mention you cannot do what he does in straight 6h long session. Including downtime between resets it takes most of the day to do that.

Carrack is indeed required to make it happen as well. Otherwise enjoy babysitting your smaller boat 12h a day.

#23 Korpii, Feb 11, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
    Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  4. Maginha

So, a completely uncontested activity (other player interferences) where you put a weight on your W and check screen all 5 mins with no buffs needed at all should net the same as activities as grinding/gathering etc?

Havent some of you been crying foul at smh money but thinks this is fine?

WhySoSeeryus, HucKa, AZzalor and 2 others like this.
  5. Korpii

This is great argument. Instead of doing daily 2hour quotas for smh barter takes most of players day clicking island every few minutes. The question is can you afford playing hours that long. As I mentioned above it really is much more time consuming than op claims. Oh and finally thanks for calling this activity not some afk whole day free money. And everyone is welcome to try it.

6. khannnn

And again dont count the time spent in acumule tier 1-4 mats, this is not real income/hour

LucidKill likes this.
  7. Spartakatz

don't forget u can't just barter 6-7h and have that income. resets are 4h apart. your time investment is rather 14hrs. of course mostly semi afk and with like 2hr pauses. and for that time it's not so OP anymore. still very good silver though.

LucidKill likes this.
  8. Hemuk

Idt you thought that through, those pauses allow you to go do other activities and get even more income lol

AZzalor, gurghul and T800 like this.
  9. Reywhisper

So you complain that profession based around trading lucrative goodson hihg seas, all based about trading and making money is actually more profitable then... killing... creatures.

Yeah totally borked, we should be making billions by selling thosuands of nail clippings from dead creatures instead of actual trade job! Herp derp.

LucidKill likes this.
  10. Boink

So you managed to make a Carrack out of that 3-4 months and then have multiple V accessories claiming you got it from Bartering? Is like one of those lifeskill stream that suddenly made multiple TET - PEN Manos then suddenly making 200m per hour.

Also video please. I would like to see the actual millions without dumping $ in game.

Vanraven, Life2v and LucidKill like this.
  11. LucidKill

Carrack takes months to get unless you no life it. On top of that, you either need a ton of time to build up a worker empire to obtain the required resources to build the ships on the way up to the Carrack or have alot of initial money to buy the required mats for bartering and for building the ships. You also need to process alot of those materials to build the ships. There is alot of investment required and takes planning. And the OP is a vet. Don't expect anyone can just pick up bartering and start pulling these insane numbers.

It's not at all like the old SMH, where all you needed was a +5 green sailboat and could pull in billions per week. Heck, before you didn't have to even SMH to make billions in a payout. Bikini Panda and other silver sellers could just add you to their guild for a "free" guild payout. Sorry but the good Old SMH is not equivalent to bartering.

OP does not show his gear on his carrack or the Manos gear he is using either. You would have to include his Billions in gear investment as well to get the real picture.

#31 LucidKill, Feb 11, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
  12. Korpii

Oh I begin to understand - playing more gives more silver. So now I know the secret and it is being no life. Cmon guys its really easy.

13. Preslavv

We have unicorns in game and flying dragons too... What was your point again :D ?

14. Hemuk

My point is that when he says "time investment is 14 hours" that's not the case, it's not like your char or account is frozen till the next barter reset.

WhySoSeeryus and T800 like this.
  15. LucidKill

Time investment and monetary investment to 20k bartering is indeed very steep.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  16. T800

When you see people making Aakman/Star'sEnd/Hystria videos - you don't ask them how they got their gear, you just watch what End-Game Grinding can earn you.

What i showed you, is what End-game income for Bartering looks like.

17. gurghul

Manos will soon go down , there is nerf com
    Nice gz m8 , there is a lot lately about end game bartering . But how is looking income for starters ?

18. v.klishev

v.klishev Striker 62 EU

OPs numbers are about right. I am more or less at the same spot and setup as he is. Takes a lot of time and work/resources invested to get to that point and to be competitive with end-game grinding.
    I personally have the feeling that all the ppl that cry foul are just salty that they can't pay their way through the months of work you have to put in to get to where we are. Unlike with grinding where you can fastpath your progress by either cash, or just buy whatever you need with silver. (where the option for that does not really apply to bartering and ship upgrades)

Your earnings are always determined by the number of routes you have unlocked, which is dictated by total barter count.
    Each route can provide 20m silver at the end of it via T5 items (30m if you get the expensive T5 variants).
    Then the type of ship you have and your route planning will determine the time needed for you to extract said silver from the available routes.

If you want to get into bartering prepare to spend weeks or a month w/o making significant profit as you aim to build up barter counts and stock up T1-T4.
    Once you get a caravel and some gear for it, and unlocking 7 routes and more you will start becoming profitable.

It's really hard to determine what your income/h will be as it very much depends on how efficient you are, if you plan your route's well, do you afk a lot and so on. So the easiest way to see "potential" earnings is your route count*20m as a baseline.

Note: I am not including sea coins as "profit" as pretty much all of them will be going towards Ship upgrades.

Eternal2nd, Purr and T800 like this.
  19. GismoShow

GismoShow DarkKnight 62 EU

I am barter skilled 2 with 3,25k barters done. And my storage have value about 3,5bilions in barter sellable items (Carrack in progress).
    When I make silver run (start with level 1 items) I can make around 400kk/day (at weekend) and ++ some items in storage for another routes (at workdays).

T800 likes this.
  20. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

this is basically worse than smh ever was. now imagine speedhackers doing this for ez fast moolah daily.

gurghul likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.