1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bartering: Thank you for reading.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by T800, Feb 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GismoShow

GismoShow DarkKnight 62 EU

They are in Kratuga dropping elkar / tungrad.

Atakarias likes this.
  2. Korpii

Ok once more I agree with numbers T800 provided but the way he shows income per hour not so much. Imagine with each 4h reset of barter you get a possibility to pick up 250-300mil and time it takes depends on the ship and your planning. But it is limited by cooldown anyway like imperial delivery is by cp. Some people might prepared imperial boxes and earn 100m in a minute, others need to cook or alch.
    The difference is, whatever time you need to do barter reset once, you have to be able to be online and play for 12-14 hours to reach that full income.
    I just cant explain it more clearly. You also cant say you earn more during cooldowns by doing something else cmon work more earn more like RL.

T800 likes this.
  3. T800

What you can take from my data, is how much and how fast you can do 1 refresh. Than do this trick:

• Click Regular Refresh button in the morning - and go to work/school/Play other games.
    • Come back home. Do 1st Refresh - and click another Regular Refresh button.
    • Do 2nd Refresh - and click Instant Refresh button ( it will eat up 2 Refreshes and reset your Parley).
    • Do 3rd Refresh and you are done.
    Here you don't need to wait for 4 hour reset at all. You can get a 3 Refreshes back-to-back or around 5 hours of uninterrupted Bartering.

#43 T800, Feb 11, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
    zhagsten and Purr like this.
  4. AlnilamE

Except that every activity in this game has a wild disparity in income depending on how efficiently you set yourself up.

So is your equality baseline going to be the most casual or the most efficient set up?

I mean, people claim they make 100-150 million/h grinding while watching Netflix on the side.

I most definitely have not made that much gathering and while Imperial delivery is profitable, it's severely limited by CP, so I can't say that I make 170 million in the 30 minutes it takes me to box and deliver and multiply that by 6 hours a day to a billion/day or something.

If anything, I need to divide that amount by the time it took to cook all that food that needs to be delivered, as well as the time it took to gather the mats, because there is a lot of gathering to be done if you want to stay on top of it.

I've not even done bartering yet, but honestly, it's fine if it gives a bit more money than grinding. Grinding gives you XP and skill points, which are priceless.

5. Korpii

Well I dont really dont need that data because I am at the same level of refresh income and I said I agree with it. The trick is nice and should help some people but it gives you 3 refreshes per day and compared to opening post your daily total will be lower. So we talk about different things now and we need to pay attention what to compare.

6. Boink

You know what's funny about this OP.

He made a previous post regarding how much silver a Korean player was making through another excel spreadsheet. Around 230-260m per hour then said the information was wrong. He changed this last post and was deleted.

Now he recently "tested" how much silver he makes and to prove he is it's possible to make 200m per hour. Posted the V accessories he had claiming it's from Bartering :). On top off what supposed to be a Carrack that appears out of nowhere.

Most players have extreme case of confirmation bias. Add built in compounding lies around it and tada. "Facts".

LucidKill and MarsKiller like this.
  7. v.klishev

v.klishev Striker 62 EU

Can't say I have checked his post history. Don't have the time for that. Just speaking from my own experience bartering with an Advance with 12 routes unlocked.
    Don't rly care if he got PENs or how he got them, but the numbers add up with what I do on daily basis.

8. Boink

Most of the disparity relates to $ spent. This doesn't have any.

No Pearl Shop (except maybe compass)
    No Masteries needed (except maybe the manos for sailing speed).

I'm looking for a good form of income but I feel like if it's not getting monetize like all other type of gameplay introduce in this game. It's going to get either nerf, monetized heavily (like Training horses) or disappear completely. Look at Shadow Arena, Castle Payout, Seamonster and now cutting out some bosses with Dark Rifts.

9. v.klishev

v.klishev Striker 62 EU

They do have a few monetization options touching on it, but none of them are really a must at this point.
    - VP - for extra reset and parley discount (incentivizing using VP all the time).
    - pearl sailor slots - not a must, but it probably is used by some people to make rerolling sailors less of a hassle.
    - Option to use loot scrolls for extra Parley

More "conveniences" will likely come in the future. I mean its the PA way :)

10. Maginha

Omg you made me giggle, nice you managed to press W for weeks while beeing afk most of the times, def harder than grinding/gathering for years to get viable end game gear xD jesus dude kek

11. v.klishev

v.klishev Striker 62 EU

And ppl like you make me giggle too. Go back to your salt mine and keep digging.
    Like all the other crybabies around here you know absolutely nothing about what we do or the time it takes.

Thinking that killing mobs in a circle is somehow more complex or engaging, or harder... top kek.
    I am yet to see any of the salty grinders commit to the system and put in the work. Your ilk would rather do nothing but cry foul because you can't just hop on this new "easy silver" as you put it.

Bah... you aren't even worth the keystrokes.

Eternal2nd likes this.
  12. Maginha

Yep you talk the same crap as the smh bois did.

13. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

why? Different activities need a different type of investment (monetary and timely) and not all can be done. Imo the activities that require the most active time and silver investment should also yield the most money. Would be pretty stupid if grinding some afk stuff would make same money/h as grinding actively stars end.

zhagsten likes this.
  14. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

Yes and those pauses can be used to grind or afk cook or gather to make even more money...it's a good point that makes this activity even more valuable.

T800 likes this.
  15. LucidKill

People are comparing it with their endgame gear costs for grinding endgame spots in this very thread. And also people are comparing to the Old SMH trainwreck. So ya, perspective is required before shouting NERF to the high heavens.

#55 LucidKill, Feb 11, 2020
  16. LucidKill

Ya except they will easily be seen and reported by players as they speed away from islands and ports that they must visit to deposit and restock goods. Hackers always want to operate in the shadows. There are just too many people who can catch them while bartering in compared to the open margoria sea. Nice try though.

PS. Let's not forget the fact that those hackers set up entire guilds to sell their SMH generated payouts for real money to other people. Where is that a possibility for current bartering?

#56 LucidKill, Feb 11, 2020
  17. Purr

i doubt the grinders could deal with even half the spreedsheets lifeskillers use i got like 15 spreedsheets in my google docs plus a couple websites... and i dont even min max that much barely at all tbh other lifeskillers have like 40 times the spreadsheets i do :D would prob make most grinders head explode

Eternal2nd likes this.
  18. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

sea is so bugged that there are afterimages of ships staying all the time. i doubt its as noticeable as ud think.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  19. LucidKill

PA was more concerned about selling outfits to the whales circumventing the pearl shop by buying payouts for real money from the hackers you invoke. It's just not the same thing. Plus SMH had no limits. Hackers could SMH 24/7. But bartering limits you to 3 to 4(w/ VP) refreshes per day which max out per tier on top of massive amounts of time invested in dailies for months just to even get a Carrack. And then there's the issue of them attaining 20k+ barters to even get here. You have to remember the limits and time gates placed on bartering to have perspective.

As said earlier the hackers are better off speed attacking in high end grind spots which was a thing even before good ole SMH fiasco. With grinding they can hack 24/7 with little to no time investment or planning required.

#59 LucidKill, Feb 11, 2020
  20. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

the gains are too high for what this activity is. sorry.

Vortexii and AZzalor like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.