1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BDO and how they get your Money

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Oldgeezer, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Grehm

That's how it is with me, I mix all my alts for different things as to not overburden each one.
    Main: Striker-gathering, punching things in the face.
    Main: Zerker- gathering, also punching things in the face but with a cannon arm.
    Sorc: alchemy
    Ranger: gathering
    Wiz: gathering, cooking, trade master (shark costume)
    Dk: processing bossss (venecil dress)
    Warrior: fishing
    Ninja: energy
    Tamer: Energy
    Dk: negative karma alt
    Witch: energy
    Valk: energy
    All of my characters have a purpose, even if it's just to provide more daily revenue and energy.

Vix likes this.
  2. Jannanomana

Jannanomana Jannanomana Witch 62 EU

i only rerolled Once. and that only for a week, everything else was just testing a character/learning those skills. and leveled to level 50 or even 56.

3. Beeso

Oh nos.
    Avengers/Justice league RP is best RP.

Grehm likes this.
  4. Dark Eus

i understand your point, but if they add a class i like more i have no problem to move on, i prefer spending on outfits and stuff that dont have impact on game instead of pay to win craps... maybe they should add a pearl item that lets you convert some outfits/items to another class

Grehm likes this.
  5. Grehm

Those outfits quite literally are lifeskilling outfits. They give buffs that either affect, or help with lifeskilling. And if you mention hiding names for pvp, ghillies don't hide names in node wars/sieges.

Sizer likes this.
  6. Beeso

7. Capitaine Courage

You were ranger, then sorc, then witch. Didn't you have a Dark Knight phase also ? I don't remember exactly.
    Don't worry I'll find the posts.

8. Vix

Vix

Yeah I have a couple of "energy tanks"/failstack hosts too ^^ So far I got maid costume for sorc and I'm going to buy cook costume for ranger before sales are done. I was considering buying the fish costume for fishing witch but she has +5 fishing as is so no need. DK has a bunch of outfits, some from market, some from cash shop + desert ghillie. I bought all weights on DK, +200lt bought on sorc and I bought more inventory slots for fisher. ^^ No need to get all for all characters I have.

9. PK_Enabled

I didnt read this, but didnt reall have to for my input.

The reason the game was made, published, and released was to make money. Welcome to real life.

Sizer likes this.
  10. Grehm

Honestly I bought inv and weight increase for most of my main lifeskillers because I've been through a lot of "mains". Too many costumes to count. But my fisher has 120 slots and processer has 1200Lt limit which helps with long term processing. :D

Vix likes this.
  11. Lilylotta

Dark Knight came, never played it.
    Striker came, never played it.
    Mystic is coming, not gonna play it

why not?. i enjoy the class i've picked and only a fool would spend 100 dollars or more on a character, you wouldn't want to play anymore, when they get nerfed to the ground.

picking a class is not about it being strong or any of that sort, it's about picking what you find enjoyable and fun. Therefor, if you can't decide on a main, then don't use money on your "so called current main"

Step back, think twice before spending money on a class. it's as simple as that. If you genuine like the character, it deserves a penny or 2. but making a completely new "main" for everything. that's just your own fault and it's not kakao tbh. Just pick a character for farming, processing, cooking, etc and leave your "new" main as a killing main.

That's my 2 cent anyway.. It's not like kakao is actually forcing you to play - use money on a new class, you decided to do so and that's all on you.

If anything, you can hope for a % off on mystic release if you really are that desperate to get everything for it.

Auralexia, 6footgeeks and Beeso like this.
  12. Beeso

That is wisdom right there. If anything, they should be thankful BDO is teaching them the value of self control. [​IMG]

Auralexia, 6footgeeks and Lilylotta like this.
  13. Grehm

Or the harsh lesson for lack thereof.

Oomwoc and Beeso like this.
  14. Roechacca

Ya know I'm all for them listening to the player base but what some of you think you have to spend in money just isn't true. I've bought the game for $10 and with the discount spent $30 more for pets. Leveled two toons to 56 one almost 57 and have not needed to buy anything else. I got my costume off the market. It took a few months but saved lots of money that way. Sure I've leveled slower but I have no buyers remorse. It just doesn't cost what everyone claims.

15. Beeso

Its not really that harsh, unless you are hard on yourself for acting on impulse or have a real impulse control problem.

Roechacca likes this.
  16. Spartakatz

FOTM rerollers problems.

Sizer likes this.
  17. WeaselPaw

WeaselPaw Valkyrie 61 EU

Huuu... of course captain obvious. Or did you think they were creating new classes as a hobby ?

18. WastedJoker

WastedJoker Striker 61 EU

Why the actual **** would you buy the crafting outfits for your replacement main?

Sizer likes this.
  19. devante

I started as a sorc (till mediah), rerolled valk. Toyed with DK, went back to valk. Sold my valks gear, and sorc and Dk because I don't want to main them. Bought mystic gear. And leveled striker to 59 while I was waiting. I liek the tanky/cc machine side of valk but can't stand her grinding speed. hence mystic sounds perfect to me. Tanky, CC bot and fast grinder.

20. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

I think we all understand agree that a game has to make regular money, else the bills don't get paid.
    I think we all also understand that most mmo's in 2017 are including cash shops in one form or another.
    What most don't understand is how bad other games cash shops are in comparison, not that this is anyone's fault, but merely because they haven't played as many cash-shop games as others with "lighter" views have.

From my own personal view, I do not believe that the costumes being character bound are an issue. The majority of mmos' are pretty much the same way. Costumes are merely fashion, with a small negligible buff that we can reproduce in game. Fashion is a big thing for a lot of "long term" players; its another form of investment. If costumes had "major buffs" that couldn't be replicated, then I may have concern, over the limitation.

Since cash-shops began in the mmo industry they have always drawn a negative view from players that cant, won't, or don't want to invest in their characters, and most, not all, though the proportion leans more towards most, typically are not "long term community members". That is to say they come and go, or they're just looking for short-term entertainment.

I can agree, online mmo cash-shops can be just as bad for anyone that has a real-life spending addiction. This is bigger issue for them when they get into gaming, because unlike in the real-world (if you find you've bitten your own nose off to spite your face for the month) you can't just go back to the store and get a refund. Having a spending addiction myself, my sympathies go out to those people, to a degree.

So from my own personal book of annotations, I could suggest to such persons that have the same afflictions as myself, to try and invest wisely, if you find that you enjoy the game enough to become a long-term player.

Those that have the wallets to blow, and don't care cuz this is your thing, hey, we love you.
    You help keep the game alive and faster developments coming for nickle & dimers like myself, and non-spenders.

As far as "re-rollers" go, you need to be more wise and choose your "re-roll" carefully before you invest long-term.

People spend money on their hobbies. Some spend it on stamps, bottlecaps, card collecting, cars, there is an endless list. We gamer hobbyists, set our money on fire just as they do, on our fancy - games and their "offerings" lol.

In the end, it all makes the economy go round.

Tokigare and Beeso like this.