1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BDO and The People Who Play it

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Khondo, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Benitez952

Benitez952 Kioge Tamer 62 EU

It's really funny when you re complaining about this type of topics and you did one yourself. Also, it's even funnier when you keep calling 'stupid people' and so on, and you re complaining about toxicity. It's not that i wanna contribute to the roulette, but, i can't handle with hypocrisy. I think i will just sit down and enjoy what you guys make in this thread, it's like whatching thrash-tv.

Jinoro, flukeSG2, crawlord and 5 others like this.
  2. Keophiroun

I am not saying we do it constantly, I am saying we do it everyday. We complain about almost everything, it may be little thing or big thing we all do it. In our home to our family or over the phone to our friends, even online to strangers. For example the op right now in the forum.

3. Ternezia

Ternezia DarkKnight 60 EU

OP got fed up with the constant bs. He complains, as far as I know his posts, once, in this thread. In contrast to those who constantly spread bs.
    Not that they're the root of the problem, there are rotten apples everywhere. It's a moderation problem.
    Like allowing posts/topics which intentionally state their goal is to trash the game.

Khondo likes this.
  4. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

The difference between telling someone not to come to the forums if it is spoiling your enjoyment of the game and you telling someone to stop playing the game just because they criticise some or even several parts of the game is quite apparent. People make complaints and some make suggestions to help some some aspect they are unhappy with. It does not mean that they don't like the game at all. You on the other hand are saying the forums make you unhappy, and the suggestion was that you should avoid what makes you unhappy.

Jinoro, flukeSG2, crawlord and 2 others like this.
  5. Arkadia

I get your point @Khondo
    That is basically why I dont use actively the forums, I just come, read, and forbid myself to reply because in the end i just get dissapointed or even angry about some people around that the only thing they do is to throw venom here and there even if they are not playing the game for a long time.

Personally I hope that you keep enjoying the game and what it has to offer like I do (in fact, like a lot of us do), and to see you again on the forums after you take a break if you need it.

Khondo and Ternezia like this.
  6. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Except you're implying that most criticism come from people willing to help improving BDO, which is simply not true in many cases. If naming was allowed, the list of astrosurfers enjoying watching the world burn I could provide would be quite big.

Arkadia, Ternezia and Khondo like this.
  7. Amirite

It's a forum for everyone, witch means anyone can say what they like or what they have on there mind (more or less).
    I understand the OP because it can be really dark to get in here and only read negative and hate post 90% of the times, why i decide to let it go more or less and not use to much energy on what people say here. I try..i really do to keep at civil way, but sometimes there are just some people who get's on your nerves, but the next day i really forgot about it and move on.

What we could use, is a more civil way to discuss things in the forum and maybe more interesting post, then polls like "why is bdo p2w" "why is game dying" "this s*** s*** and you smell". Witch imo. only leads to toxic and dramatic discussion. But we also need these post to keep Kakao in the fire of what really annoys us players and sometimes it's work, they fix things.

In game chat is even worse tho.

For me, over the time i get to known a few people here around and know what they stand for, respect for that, but it also show me that whatever topic we discus, we need these people here like @Smileybones @AtomicPotato @MoonDance17 to name a few, that can keep the debate and discussion on and not just accept the fact of whatever the OP post or what Kakao say's.

Thinking of leaving because of the forum, never ever ever never. I kinda decide what I want to do, not the forum.

8. Aysnvaust

The title of your thread is misleading to a certain degree - most of the forum posters you are adressing are not playing BDO anymore. They just come here to puke a little bit, because they don't understand that their life would be less miserable if they would just quit for good and move on.
    I don't dislike those people, I pity them.
    Sometimes, when they cross a line and respond to me in an attempt to insult me personally rather than the point I made - they get a virtual bitchslap and that's it.
    There is still enough real discussion going on in this forum to pay a visit and take part from time to time.
    A bubble of dedicated fans you will not find here, this much is for sure, that's what's discord is for.
    If it gets on your nerves to much, up to the point that is discourages you - take a break (from the forum), you will not miss out on anything substantial.

9. Factorial

Hardly 0.0000000000001% of people who play BDO care about what goes on the forum besides announcements/updates/patch notes. The rest is usually people complaining about something, because, you know, this is the place for complaints. The glaring majority of people who play BDO absolutely love it with the bad and the good.

Here is the thing: when it comes to MMORPGs, from my experience, the forum is a feedback board. In any business, the negative feedback will completely outweigh the positive feedback, because people who are happy with a product are satisfied. That said, utilize the forums for the factual information you need. Stay away from the complaint threads. Absolutely do not try to change someone's opinion. The willfully stupid will remain stupid, fact of life.

KhaosThanathan and Life2v like this.
  10. Chaos Ronin

Chaos Ronin RyunokoDynasty Mystic 61 NA

Seriously? You are quitting a game you love/loved because of what others have said on a forum?
    Please take that in for a second and think about it...
    Play what you want, the way you want, and who cares what a forum post says about it?

Kid's these days amaze me...

Jinoro, flukeSG2 and Life2v like this.
  11. Otrsor

Otrsor Sorceress 63 EU

We dont have that power, thats on you.

Jinoro, flukeSG2 and yukishiro1 like this.
  12. Hajiarux

13. Chaos Ronin

Chaos Ronin RyunokoDynasty Mystic 61 NA

100% disagree with you on this.
    People have a right to an opinion and a right to voice that, good and bad. If they're registered in these forums at some time they have played and should have a right to come in and ask about, talk about and make suggestions based on their own experiences. Yes, there will be troll's, haters, and just outright moaners but that's life. I think the moderation is fine and every time I've seen someone personally insult another, the mods have removed that post. Hell, even I've had posts removed and warnings and I'm not bad at all.

Taking away people's voices just because they are not agreeing with your own is a huge problem in today's society and it's because people don't like others who disagree. Deal with it! If it's racist, personally insulting and nothing to do with the topic, threatening or just downright hateful, it should be removed. Other than that, just deal with it like an adult and if you are not an adult and can not deal with it, stay away.

14. Yulanda

Yulanda Sorceress 61

It's sad to hear you feel that way, there are some great people here, but you're not entirely wrong either. I try to come to the forums only once a week to catch up on patch notes now because a good portion of the threads are just people fighting with each other. I figure that if the publishers don't care enough about the product they're selling to have some decent forum moderation, then I can't be assed coming here to wade through the nonsense

Smileybones likes this.
  15. Ternezia

Ternezia DarkKnight 60 EU

Disagree completely. Do you know what happens in other MMOs forums? There's a report option including trolling, hate speech, etc. 3 such reports from other forum users, which are classified by the CM as valid, and the troll receives 24h ban. If he continues, the ban increases. If he continues after this, he gets perma banned. Free speech? Fine. But measures against disruption of civil discussions and for upkeeping normal forum atmosphere always stand above free speech. At least in other forums. Not here, sadly.

This.

To add: It's also astonishing that a user can be banned in game but still can post in these forums.

16. Joungf

Comming to the forum to share ideas and suggestions ..... getting bashed to ground by the forum white knights.

Souda and KhaosThanathan like this.
  17. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

I am implying nothing, Most people that post comments here do not hate the game at all. Like me I am sure most feel that they have gotten their money's worth from the game. I no longer enjoy the game but I do not hate it. I have stopped playing just lately because I have reached as high a gear score as I am prepared to. I don't like grinding, I find bartering to be as interesting as watching paint dry. I have done all the exploring and as many quests as I am able with my gear score.
    I was forcing myself to log in and to try and find something to do. That is not a good thing so I have uninstalled the game, probably for good.
    I also found myself constantly annoyed by the over monetisation the game has devolved into. This monetisation is the main reason I doubt I will play again.

There is a report function here in this forum too. It is under the tools tab at the bottom of a post.

Jinoro, Chaos Ronin and Life2v like this.
  18. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Archer 62 EU

just dont forget your char afk on tray mode, cuz it counts as playing the game

Jinoro, Souda, Findubar and 1 other person like this.
  19. Hemuk

It's time to use that ignore button you were blessed with, I got about 7 people ignored and forum "activity" dropped about half for me; the eye rolling never stops since I can still see the responses of the petty "fights" this 7 people cant help but engage in every day, but at least most of the useless fluff is gone.

20. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

WTF, you mean that's all YOU care to read when you come here.
    Im still having a blast playing the game when i get a gambling itch. Just cant stand people trying to lure the incorrect audience here to set them up for disappointment. Dont lie to people and you will find that people arnt negative toward you.

21. yukishiro1

One of the interesting phenomena of internet forums is that the fanbois actually tend to be more likely to get angry and make personal attacks than the haters. I suspect this is because the haters hate the game, whereas the fanbois hate the haters. But nevertheless, threads like this are a good illustration of how it plays out.