1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BDO and The People Who Play it

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Khondo, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Vortexii

That's very dishonest and selfish.
    • Most of the posts regarding issues with the game are valid and backed up by evidence (which you provided none btw)
    • Most of the complaints and or analysis are a simple accurate responses to the situation and warranted
    • Pearl Abyss & Kakao have made very little progress in improving any of the major VALID complaints about the game
    The Pay2Win Business is destroying the gaming industry and all you have to say about it is "uhhhh so much negativity?"

What are customers supposed to say when
    1. The cancer enchanting process is one of the most complained about issues since the games release (only gotten worse)
    2. The AI has essentially NEVER made any real advancements
    3. More Pay2Win than ever
    4. Some of the most astounding off base content I have ever witnessed in decades
    Sorry, but BDO is in a bad place.

Reyer, Jinoro, Souda and 2 others like this.
  2. Vortexii

Only true to an extent. If you look at the history of enchanting for example there is overwhelming evidence that the consumers as a whole hate it. It's been the subject of 10,000's if not 100,000's of complaints.

That does not mean by any reasonable conclusion that if someone doesn't visit the forums they are fine with the enchanting system.
    The same can be applied to Class Balance, Content, Ocean Issues, Vell, Pay2Win, Mob AI, etc.

Even is one chooses to play the game and find some enjoyment out of it that doesn't preclude them from having these thoughts and/or disappointments as well.

3. Nezrox

Nezrox Kitsuneonii Warrior 62 NA

forums is not that bad compared to the actual chat system in game which i find is more toxic then forums but im prob wrong.

4. Prokaizer

Prokaizer Maehwa

So you saying that Warframes forums and rules are better than BDO's?

In Warframe there is the "Rule number 6 complaining".
    If you complain for any reason from servers lagging to a lot people go AFK in matches and leaching or ANYTHING, your account gets striked.
    Even if you make a negative review "IN YOUTUBE" not even in their forums or point out anything bad about their game, if they learn about it your account gets instand banned.

Here i got perma banned from "developers" for telling the truth lol :

BDO has one of the greatest team in any online game.
    First their support team answer you in 1 day when other companies take more than 1 week, then they accept criticism and they do not tell moderators to remove any negative thread.

Life2v and Chaos Ronin like this.
  5. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

ROFL, thats gonna blow up in their face real fast if they keep that up.
    Never heard of that game for a reason LOL.
    Edit:
    Looks like it already did..only 1800 people playing.

6. Khondo

You provided me the perfect evidence of people not looking/thinking at what they are posting. I provided a factual response to the original posters request and you call me toxic. The poster asked a question (very silly one) and I gave a factual response. Now you have replied, not because what I have responded with was false but because you did not like what I had to say. THAT IS TOXIC.

7. Vortexii

Lets take a Closer look at some @Khondo statements

"Not because BDO has PVP and some idiot can ruin my day by swatting my like a fly while I tend my farms."
    In this example you are calling members of the community idiots

"Happy that your poor decisions in life can now make someone else miserable?"
    Here you are personally insulting people you barely know accusing them of making "poor decisions in life" because they are discuss things on a forum?

"Have you had your fill of hate this week?"
    Based on many of your statements I would access you as the one with anger issues.

Reyer, Jinoro, Kynreaa and 2 others like this.
  8. Khondo

Maybe you should read what I posted again, and really think about it.

BTW, I am 51 years young and really loved you calling me a "kid".

Once again all fact, not toxic

9. Korvgubben

I highly doubt that you are wrong. I base this on me very occasionally turning channel chat on and quickly turning it back off again.

KhaosThanathan and crawlord like this.
  10. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 63 NA

Play the game instead of spending your time on forum maybe?

Life2v and flukeSG2 like this.
  11. Chaos Ronin

Chaos Ronin RyunokoDynasty Mystic 61 NA

Okay. I read it again and thought about it too. My response to that would be... You are really thinking about quitting the game because of forum posts?

If that is the case, I still stand by my last statement "kids these days amaze me", because even though you are not a kid at the ripe age of 51, you are sure being rather childish if forum posts of a game you enjoy could possibly be the reason you would quit the game. Am I wrong in saying that?

Reyer, Jinoro, Life2v and 4 others like this.
  12. Khondo

I am not, and was never considering, quitting BDO. I think I would be the last person out of the room and in charge of turning the lights out.

The purpose and wording of my post was to create discussion in how players of BDO post in these forums. I admit that some of my replies over the last 4 years probably were on the border line of what I am expressing but over the last 6 months, the entire forum just seems to becoming so toxic that it is a disease and is spreading to whoever touches the forum. BDOvid 2019.

It is ok to have opinions about how BDO should/should not be played. It is ok to like/dislike parts of the game. It is ok to want change or like it how it is. There is always more than one side to a discussion/argument. Right and wrong is all dependent on a point of view.

What is not ok is personal attacks because of those views.

#52 Khondo, Aug 4, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
    Chaos Ronin likes this.
  13. Vortexii

But ................

"Not because BDO has PVP and some idiot can ruin my day by swatting my like a fly while I tend my farms."
    In this example you are calling members of the community idiots

"Happy that your poor decisions in life can now make someone else miserable?"
    Here you are personally insulting people you barely know accusing them of making "poor decisions in life" because they are discuss things on a forum?

You do personally attack others then just claim it's not toxic. I mean you literally call them names and insult their personal lives and pretend when you say it, it's fine ;)

You try to justify your name calling by calling it "accurate", but that's not how it works brah!!!! You don't get to call other people derogatory terms and act like it doesn't count because you believe they are said derogatory term.

Reyer, Jinoro and Life2v like this.
  14. crawlord

crawlord Mystic NA

Attention seeking behavior.The irony is the number of posts you have while caterwauling about it .

Reyer, Jinoro, Life2v and 3 others like this.
  15. Khondo

Where am I personally attacking another player?

If someone comes and attacks/kills me in game while I am tending my farms, I will call them an idiot. That's nothing to do with anyone on the forum.....I hope

Many forum posters who do attack someone else's play style, do it for a reason, one of those reasons is because they want that player to feel negative about how they play the game. "Happy that your poor decisions in life can now make someone else miserable?" My statement points out those type of people, it is not an attack on you or anyone else unless you are one of those posters. Are you? and if you are then my statement hits home at making you realise what you are actually doing.

I really hope I can convince some of you in what is happening in these forums and how bad it actually is getting. A lot of us (and I do include myself in this) can't see the forest for the trees.

16. Ternezia

Ternezia DarkKnight 60 EU

Never heard of that game.
    *edit: 1800 ppl playing, cmon man. We're talking about MMOs with names, not some semi-half *** stuff.

BDO is still in a good position and it's name is well-known. It's just these forums here. I go to Discord and I see there at least 7-8 CM's and GMs. So they're there instead of here. Man... Why not just close this forum and be done with it.

17. Aysnvaust

Because they know that I don't do discord, and they want my reasonable and humble opinion to be heard....
    I guess...

18. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Because Discord is not the official BDO site, those mods arnt even affiliated with this game.
    If it was, we would be there.

Your statement reads like "Man its only Kakeo that sucks, the private servers do it better, and listen to their audience." Which may be true, but doesent address this games situation now does it.

Now if you used the steam forums as an example, perhaps you would have a point..but the steam forums are as dead as the PvP scene in this game..and like I typed in another thread just due to piss poor management.

Jinoro and KhaosThanathan like this.
  19. Gojira

haha nice sarcasm about some issue you face in bdo but i have to say this is the first time i have read about someone getting emo about forum posts.

There will always be passionate people who complain about a games failings because they enjoy it but wish the flaws were addressed and with regards to the community what can i say welcome to the online world.

Jinoro and Life2v like this.
  20. Findubar

I had more fun on this forum than in the shitty game.

KhaosThanathan likes this.