1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BDO Beginner, MMORPG Veteran asking which class to choose

Discussion in 'PvE' started by FrozenBlaze, Jun 26, 2018.

1. FrozenBlaze

Alright, so I don't know if this is the right place to post this but bear with me please.

I've played plenty of MMORPGs before, so I usually understand what I'm looking for when I start a new one.

Buuut, I've decided to steer away from my usual methods and was wondering. What are the rankings for PvE Classes.

I want my first char to be an S tier PvE Farmer. Someone that can solo the furthest before needing to rely on a party.

If someone can provide me a Tier list based on that, I'd really appreciate it.

Best of Regards,
    FrozenBlaze

2. appallo

In all honesty and sincerity, I suggest another game. Either on the console or on the pc it doesn't matter... this game takes so much time and dedication in order to get "good" at, and even then it's worth it only if you play pve, if you pvp even in the slightest (which basically you have to because BDO doesn have raids that are worth while nor does it have any meaty content pve wise) then you're going to have a bad time because currently pvp sucks

If you really want to play this game I'd say either go wizard for decent clear speeds/healing which will help tremendously in pve. Or maybe try out like striker or maybe even mush. Both are great pve-rs and have great kits aswell as aoe. From what I remember sorc wasnt really good for pve before the recent changes and I can pretty much guarantee that the devs are going to nerf her clear speeds relatively soon.

3. Harpoon1972

First things first: Welcome to Black Desert! A great journey lies in front of you! Despite all the negativity you may encounter in the forums, you are about to play the possibly best and most polished MMO on the market.

Concerning your question: All the classes are able to grind PVE content at a satisfying speed. Some are easier (Wizard, Musa, possibly Dark Knight), some take a bit longer (Ninja, Warrior). I suggest, that you have a look at all the classes and decide on the basis of what STYLE you prefer. It's much easier to grind with a class you like (movement, weaponst etc.) even when it takes a bit longer. But beware: All the clases are awesome in their own way. I personnaly play BDO since March 2016 and havent yet decided my main class ...

Have fun!

4. Shutara

Shutara Shutara Ninja 57 EU

Indeed, "lies" :)

Be aware that partying in BDO brings almost nothing worth the effort except grinding. If You party up with someone stronger, You just try to catch up and hopefully slay some corpses yourself. If You party up with someone weaker, he gets the overall advantage of being carried to the next level faster. Other than that, there's barely motivation to play in groups. Relying on others - You came into wrong neighbourhood, my friend. This is not traditional role-based MMO, unfortunately.

Solgen likes this.
  5. Solar

All of the classes can solo farm and each one is quite diversified imho. If players follow the Black Spirit quest line the game actually provides in-game armor that can take you pretty far in the PVE. I don't know if the in-game provided armor can get you past the gates in Altinova which then leads into the desert and Valencia but I'm just crossing that border now with three characters between lvls 53-57. All of them are using in-game BS quest provided armor. All of them can grind, farm, and quest.

Once the in-game armor is acquired it’s usable on any class. I actually have two or three sets of it plus a few stray pieces that I swap between classes when I feel like playing one. Another benefit of using the in-game armor is that it can save you lots of silver because you're not constantly grinding to pay for armor upgrades. The use of in-game armor allows you to grind and do quest simply to advance the character, see, and experience the in-game world.

The playstyle of each class are so diverse that it’s difficult for me to side with just one. This is especially the case since after they awaken their weapon, and fight style changes. You may want to do a bit of research to see what the starting class, weapon, and style, are like - and then find out what the awakening aspect is like for comparison. For example initially, I really enjoyed the Valkyrie. However, the awakening weapon for that class did not look to be my cup of tea. The Lahn and Dark Knight on the other hand are the only classes I've experienced wherein I like using BOTH the starting and awakening weapons, their fight styles, and skill sets.

I’m currently leveling up a Tamer because I've always like the Bo Staff in martial arts; that is the awakened tool of its class. The starting weapon of the Tamer class is just a means to an end. What might be called my “Main” is the Dark Knight because I've always like swords and swordplay but am not someone who enjoys magic “casting” classes. Once awakened the DK is an interesting blend between sword use and “casting”. The DK can “get in” and “get out” with good PVE skills for both up close and at a distance. Each class has the ability to switch their tools on the fly. Dark Knight and Lahn are my favs because for both classes I actually enjoy on-the-fly hot switching between both the starting and awakened tool sets in the midst of battle.

So: If you look into the classes to see if you might enjoy using BOTH the starting AND awakened tool-set, and/or would prefer using the awakened tool-set exclusively because that's what you'll end up with, that might be a thing to help you decide. Of course, the skill points will allow you disperse points into both the starting skills and the awakened skills such that the one you prefer can be made the more diversified and/or powerful.

Hope that helps.

#5 Solar, Jun 27, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
  6. nolasigns

Wichards are probably the better farming class. The downside is, you're the biggest target. You'll find that every other class will pass up every other player to attack you for your spot, if none of the others are wichards.

7. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 64 EU

dont worry, you dont need to party in this game.

and let me help you - what you want is a good 1v1 class that can also farm good. biggest profit can be made on pvp server and there u can do **** unless u can do 1v1 better than other classes. have fun.