1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BDO community is not what it supposted to be 2 years ago.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Jannanomana, May 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jannanomana

Jannanomana Jannanomana Witch 62 EU

Basically:
    • 49% doing forbidden stuff (macros/rmt/ebay/botting/exploits)
    • 49% are extreme racistic/insulting/blackmailing/scamming
    • 2% are nice and friendly.
    When i join velia 4 battle arena and see always the same "guys" there who insult and racist and trying to scamm you. no idea whats going on

-> "3rd collumn guilds"

#1 Jannanomana, May 15, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2019
    Jessy Jess, elynia01 and GreyRebel like this.
  2. Rizzly

Rizzly Berserker 62 EU

Luxienna, nobody will do anything if someone bullied you. Name and shaming them here won't change a thing. But I don't disagree that those wannabe pvper guilds are mostly downright pricks for whatever reason.

3. Josh28

Er... I don't remember finding that many friendly and nice people in bdo. The friendly ones usually quit soon after adding them or they turned out to be cold arses with a good day.
    Most people just killed me after saying hello to them or passing by their grind spot. The rest were nice if they needed me or tolerate my existence.
    In my view, bdo was always full of arses, I just didn't pay much attention to what they said. Why bother?

And how can people be racist when they don't even know you? They are just trolls looking for ways to trigger you. Now, Trolls, there are lots in BDO as in any game that has PK and competitivity without group activities.
    BDo needs a solo rpg server for people who can't stand trolls. Either that or ban them all, right?

4. Jannanomana

normaly i should publish the chatlog and the shadow play of the guy on reddit, but then i might get problems with law, cause its usk18+. anyway ticket send, hope GM do something.

#4 Jannanomana, May 15, 2019
    GreyRebel and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  5. Columba

Report them with screenshots. They get banned. Trust me.

Jessy Jess likes this.
  6. Wollbert

Wollbert Ranger 62 EU

velia 4 is rbf waiting area, there are only tilted people like me

in what guild are you?

7. Jannanomana

i mean they write the "N" word in 2019.... the still behave like childs and have no respect, if a GM would join velia4 battle arena they could ban half the guilds

#7 Jannanomana, May 15, 2019
  8. Columba

I know for a fact that screenshots and reports of racist, homophobic and Antisemitic slurs earn bans. I inform people whom I report and why. Many got back to me after their bans to tell me that I got them banned. It works.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  9. GreyRebel

I tried to report some guys who were racist in server chat , but i got an error " no item " . Idk if its just me , or there is no way to report them ingame

Jannanomana likes this.
  10. Jannanomana

yea i talked with a GM along time ago about this issue, they dont want to moderate the ingame chat, they dont even have time and ressources for that, but if we feel insulted/negative behavior we should create a ticket. she said :)

GreyRebel likes this.
  11. JM

JM Tamer 62 NA

100% of the reported numbers in OP's post came from scientific, measurable polling.

DoctorPug and Thelemna like this.
  12. Columba

In-game is bugged. Tab out of game or use another ther computer. Login to your account on BDOs main site. Go to support>>>report player. Attach screenshots. I have this down to about a 15 second process.

GreyRebel likes this.
  13. Columba

If they violate the TOS they WILL take action. That includes harassment. I know they discipline these violations because many people whom I report return, tell me that I got them banned. Some proceed to harass me further, only to get a longer ban. One repeat offender got 4 months. It works.

Smileybones and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  14. Nyhver

NA Velia 4 BA seems very calm in comparison

one more reason NA > EU

15. flukeSG1

Is this a serious question? LOL! What does knowing someone or not have anything to do with being racist?

Columba, Smileybones and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  16. Josh28

Well, I thought racist remarks were directed at the OP, his race, or someone else, but it's equally terrible to throw racist words around harmlessly? I'm too white to use the N-word without consequences, but certain individuals have used it for a long time as they hold that right, no? How does that look in a game to you? I've been called that in game before too. Didn't get offended. Should I had been?

Not to mention, is there really racism(discrimination based on race) going on in-game? Or is just aimless words with the purpose to trigger someone or said by people who have mental issues or ignorant kids or simply trolls? Can you tell the difference? Can you not be tolerant and just block them then?

Caring too much about racism can make you a racist. But then again, everything is racist in 2019 Clown World. Even thinking about it or disagreeing or not supporting the Social constructs labels you as the worst of the worst while it's okay to be racist against white people yay! Yep, I've been discriminated for being white before as I live in a mixed community. Fun~

Lefteye, JM, Chaos Ronin and 2 others like this.
  17. Blitzball

I would like to know the name of these guilds ( DM me if u want :) )

#17 Blitzball, May 16, 2019
  18. Ninnghizhidda

Ninnghizhidda Valkyrie 62 EU

I always believed BDO would have been a much better gaming experience if it were a classic "solo" game, or at least if there could also be a version of it (with several changes and adjustments of course).

By its very nature and design it has always promoted the most toxic behaviour by providing the environment and tools for it. Hell, our game "overlords" have been actively promoting this since day one (and even before) either straght forward or indirectly. So much for most of them CMs, GMs and so on and also their copy-pasta "responses" supposedly claiming a "friendly, social, cooperative environment" or whatnot. An absolute load of bollocks indeed.

In any case the game has already been self-centered and most "co-operative" activities (aka partying with other players) is discouraged or is simply underperforming, counterproductive and a waste of time and effort (except for specific activities, which anyway only account for a small % of online active gameplay, and which are also done for very specific purposes).

The above, along with the very many other issues (let's not go through them for the nth time already), result in one situation in the end: attracting the "excrement of the human race" (and NO I won't take this back and I don't give a rat's arse either about who would feel "offended") who find the perfect conditions to flock like flies on shite and carry their plague with them and make what is already bad even much worse. Obviously, you would also find decent and nice and cool persons around, sadly as always, the exceptions only prove the rule.

Not that other games (MMOs I mean) are that much better or a heaven really, since the modern "culture" of gaming and its followers, as dictated and fiercely promoted by the industry (the very first to put the blame on really), now have this kind of "standards" and "ethics" and one has to deal with them, more or less everywhere.

It is just that BDO has succeeded in making a fine art of it, in this particular category it is already a champion... well done.

Josh28 likes this.
  19. Hyppocritten

[​IMG]

20. Hyppocritten

1. I have only guildchat on.
    2. I don't care what ppl type
    3. I don't care what ppl do

Advice: Let it go, your reaction is exactly what they want to trigger and gives them 'joy'.

DoctorPug, JM and Factorial like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.