1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BDO enhancing, #1 reason most quit.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Saeva, Sep 30, 2018.

?

BDO enhancing

Poll closed Sep 25, 2019.
  1. Sucks.

45.2%
  2. Will likely be the reason I quit.

26.5%
  3. Is the reason I quit.

14.8%
  4. Is great and best aspect of game.

9.3%
  5. Is something I just live with

30.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

not really, i know plenty of people who enjoy it. But those people don't come to the forums and complain about it. Why would people complain about something they like?
    You only hear those in the forums who dislike it.

isojukka.js, Smilence and TarkusBlack like this.
  2. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

But i never used my real money for gambling in this game.
    I spent a lot on this game, but i only bought permanent things like costumes (no, i don't melt them), pets, the tent or valuepacks.

3. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

ok, lets see how many per hour you can get after this silly event ends. then tell me how long it will take someone to enhance something that way.

caphras is a patchwork way to maybe get some ap breakpoint on tet levels and to boost your already obtained pens.

Auralexia and Mjollnir like this.
  4. Mido

Mido Archer 62 EU

I feel like the longer you play, the worse your RNG is. I play since CBT and I needed ~35 attempts to TET my kzarka (starting at 60 fs) while half of my newbie-friendly guild one/two-tapped their TETs (below 60 fs).

Reyer likes this.
  5. MoZex

MoZex Wizard 61 EU

BDO enhancing is forever unfair and can turn soft friendly heart into foe. I used to dislike bdo enhancing after failing continously on tet tung belt, my last piece from full tet accessories. Then, in the midst of failures and attempts, a pen dandy was gained and in the making eyes were opened, mind became enlightened. In my pilgrimage I had learned that we all walk the same road, those who stay forever stalwart and dont stray from their course will be reward come judgement hour. It is an important part of growing up.

Maginha and AZzalor like this.
  6. FckinEnchant

You can evidently see the player base has taken a massive hit from the amount of accessories listed on the marketplace on box day. Around one year or so ago box day would flood the marketplace with accessories like few thousand Cres rings couple of thousand basi belts and thousand + ogres that would sit there for days etc... now adays on box day you barely see the number hit 800 Cres rings, Basi belts Ogres are sold instantly. Which is showing that not much players aren't even bothering to login to collect their rewards anymore.

Auralexia and SnakeAttack like this.
  7. Spartakatz

Nah, people just have a LOT more silver nowadays. Catch-up mechanics and all the events giving a lot, payouts, SMH, price+duo account drops etc etc, 90 mil are pocket money for plenty of people. While 10-15 billion was super rare months ago, good stuff in market is pre-ordered for 18-25bil nowadays, without exception.

8. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

So liking the game is no reason to spend money on the game?

9. FckinEnchant

While I agree players have more money, there is without a doubt a massive decline. If I remember to do so I'll take a screen shot of accessories on marketplace before and after on box day.

10. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

but i thought you guys wanted to "work for your progress"...now that you have caphras and it requires work...a lot of work you QQ again.
    in reality you don't want to "work for your progress", you just want easy gear.

Smileybones, TarkusBlack and Columba like this.
  11. WhySoSeeryus

there is work for your progress and there is goodluckgettingonepieceinagodknowshowmuchtime. caphras was never truly intended to be viable alternative for enhancing your gear. might be intended endgame for above pen, but getting to pen - hardly.

Factorial likes this.
  12. RoakOriginal

Well enchanting sucks, yeah... But if gear disparity, ****ed up renown and non existing balance wouldnt exist, you could live with it... Because half of the classes are completely useless in face of others, and we have no options in gearing up while every other GS point is more valuable than the previous one people feel the negative effects of enchanting too much...

Fix your other **** and enchanting is only a bit frustrating, since it doesnt lock you out of the most aspects of the game. But since those korean are unable to fix simplest things for months, people will keep quitting, unable to get to TET, while it wouldnt even help them since currently they need PENs...

13. Doom Smack

I like it.

Seems pretty good midground between other hardcore korean mmo and western like wow. Weapons don't blow up. And we get failtstacks (granted it would be nice if they didn't 'cap out' with effectiveness, as they supposedly do).

I think big problem is (perhaps from other mmos) players think you should have the very very top gear? And aren't happy until then.

That being said - there is probably further room for improvement.

TarkusBlack likes this.
  14. 6footgeeks

Enhancement system sucks? yes it does.

But we no do have an alternative, the conversation should be around rate of drops of caphras, which will eventually be increased just like black stones used to be a rare commodity and now they drop like sweetrolls in skyrim, The question is when will caphras reach a semblance of similar drop rate.

Gear disparity sucks? Sure, but heres the thing, gear disparity is only really a highlighted conversation because there exists no venue in BDO with equalised/bracketed PvP. Small scale or otherwise. given an appropriate venue, that conversation would cease to be relevent

and ofcourse then there is the reknown score...

Me personally. I took my break from the game because the PvE just isnt rewarding for drops, keeping us depenant on events for essential items and focused solely on pure silver making rather than grinding drops.

Factorial and Feyti like this.
  15. WhySoSeeryus

the real question is when will themselves or their effect be boosted via cash shop XD

16. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

They were exactly made for that AND give the option for high geared players to push further.
    The problem right now is that we don't have driegahn and with this less ways of getting caphras. Once driegahn comes out, you can get a lot more caphras.
    And even now, just from valencia grinding i get 2-3 caphras per hour (+ some dust), so not too bad imo. Once driegahn comes out and you do all daily quests, you will be able to get enough caphras in a reasonable amount of time.
    After all, caphras are only a way to get it safely and should not be cheaper or faster than the average RNG enhancement, and this is exactly what it is right now. People are complaining that they can't get all those stones, but it's just the same (or a little more) effort to get enough caphras than the average player will do for rng enhancing.

TarkusBlack likes this.
  17. Alicia Dominica

Gambling aside, the system caters to the incompetent: As there is no direct control over the result, but simple probability, the player isn't facing a scenario where they can't obtain a certain piece of gear/equipment because they are subpar and lack the skill to master challenging encounters. Instead, roll the dice long enough and you eventually get there.

Huge time-investment, no challenging content, pve-grinding carrying over to pvp, in the end it all adds up and creates the perfect safe haven for those incapable to compete elsewhere.

18. RealXared

RealXared Witch 61 EU

no, it's not.
    throwing money out of the window makes more sense than spending it on this game. Especially regularly. You get pets/some weight (that I wouldn't buy) or invenotry space (which i wouldn't do either). Pets are the only must-have cash shop items. Some argue about weight and invenotry space that those r must-have items too. Let's say they are (they aren't imo), so after buying the must-have items, every spending is an idiotic thing to do. nothing justifies that, knowing how PA treats (more like ****s up) it's playerbase week by week.

how can one like a game, where the developers treat the playerbase like they do? Hmm, Stockholm-syndrome?
    I know, I'm suffering in it, too, I am just not as badly in it as others who even spend on the game on a regular basis.
    Well, some ppl even pay to be dominated and beaten, just because they like it. This is no different at all.

19. Rayin

Stockholm syndrome is the term i'd use to describe this game, mostly because you develope a sort of affection for a variety of reasons:

- There are few other OwPvP games in market and none else has an action combat;
    - You can do plenty in here so you start to love it even for that, until you realize that most of in-game features or mechanics are tied up to Cash Shop and aren't deep at all;
    - They know that this game has no rivals for now, so their strategy is to give you very little to make you believe that they care of what you think or do, but in the meantime they take a lot and push their requests beyond the reasonable, because your concept of "reasonable" changes through the time and adapt to their requests that are getting bigger and bigger.
    - Everything could be improved to a point where you'd have a lot of fun for real, so this potential makes you hope that something might change in the future, but it doesn't. On top of that they promise and promised to us a lot of things, such as Naval NW or climbing skills, yet we didn't see any of those features implemented, so they've been most likely scrapped and we're waiting for the next announce.
    - You tie up with other people, be guildies or random friends that you find while grinding, RP'ing or messing around in town or Ow, so this affection makes harder to leave the game, because you may have also met those people in RL in the meantime or THEY are the reason you're still having fun with this game.

20. Feyti

This is exactly what bothers me the most as well.
    Grinding to make silver is dumb when there is nothing to buy on the market. I really don't see the issue with improving drop rates. Accessories will still blow up and auto regulate themselves...

Fearless V likes this.