1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BDO enhancing, #1 reason most quit.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Saeva, Sep 30, 2018.

?

BDO enhancing

Poll closed Sep 25, 2019.
  1. Sucks.

45.2%
  2. Will likely be the reason I quit.

26.5%
  3. Is the reason I quit.

14.8%
  4. Is great and best aspect of game.

9.3%
  5. Is something I just live with

30.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. MozezCore

The main reason why people are desperate is that they are too greed to get backups.

In addition you have to understand that those who already spent much money to get a full PEN roulette (that most likely failed) may not spend that much money again. Those can just free server capacity for new cashers. Lol

2. t0ny

It's just a bad design for such a good game. When it comes to boxes and loot I'm 100% fine with luck but trying to upgrade your gear shouldn't be luck when you have the appropriate resources. I don't care if it's Asian tradition or whatever, they've lost many players and they are not earning new ones, Steam reviews are not good and it's just a mediocre MMORPG just because of that, just listen to the players and change that one thing...

OriGummy and Breg like this.
  3. aswedishtiger

To that end just look at 90% of these people's join dates. blank 2018 blank 2018 blank 2018 blank 2018

That's all who's still playing this game. New players until they get scammed and cannot take all the P2W elements and this horrendous enchantment system they are gone too.

Sooner than later all you'll see are people with join dates like blank 2019 blank 2019 blank 2019 etc etc etc

Nearly every veteran has bounced. This game only retains a tiny amount of people

OriGummy, Breg, Findubar and 3 others like this.
  4. Spartakatz

Look at total sold, not the ones available to buy.
    Maybe less people also don't want to sell and keep for themselves. I just doubt that they don't collect the rewards anymore.

Reigne Irkalla likes this.
  5. BboydD

For PA this enchanting system is well as long a lot of people buy these ****ing artisant memory

6. FamousAzzkicker

not just the enhancing, its the FREE RIGGED RNG BOXES that demotivate you and make you depressed but keep you playing, the p2w artisans and cronstones that make it easier for people who pay. overall making upgrading gear a bad experience, cause you probably dont have a lot of silver or its very difficult to get, you cant even enjoy doing events for free stuff cause you know you get that MIX EXP ELIXIR or a crit buff or a cronstone.

and cheaters are running wild and ruining the marketplace sniping away every enhancing material with 99% success, which again makes the enhancing worse.

TL;DR , overall enhancing has come to such a bad state, because of p2w (greed), cheaters, and rigged RNG boxes (damage control , bait).

can this game even recover? i dont see any responses or light of hope in this forum or reddit.

Blitzball likes this.
  7. Spartakatz

I guess that's why still every spot is crowded from Valencia to Kamasylve and still every little decent item on market doesn't live even 1 second even at 4 AM.

isojukka.js, Buxx and TarkusBlack like this.
  8. Itago

Itago Witch 62 EU

The main reason so many PEN were made after the cron changes/caphra is that Cron enchanting were seen as a good solution.
    Before it was slightly worse than buying TET and selling TRI, but now you also get Caphra energy so your gear is better even from failing.

This made alot of people TRY enchanting where they would otherwise a) wait for backup to reach TET or b) be happy with TET and go for accessory. More tries = more success, who would have guessed!

9. Reyer

I quit after playing from headstart because I've been enchanting and failing backups for a whole damn year and a half to the point I've been using 55fs trying to get duo and even then I've filled all of my characters with FS so high i couldn't use Blacksmith book anymore. I was not able to failstack from 0 again because of that. And that's thanks to duo only.
    Before quitting I did enchanting session with 770kk worth of meme fragments and stacks ranging from 55fs to 125fs. And guess what. I've hit TRI twice.

10. Lystra

Lystra IaIatina Wizard 62 EU

I personally love the Enchanting in BDO. It's not that horribly punishing with Armor and Weapons (imagine some KR grinders have same mechanic for weapon + armors as we have with accessories - Fail = You start over from scratch). It's fun and thrilling. I always get the surge of adrenaline when going through Enchanting session and clicking the button for that very last enchant step. It's unlike anything in WOW or other MMOs where you simply go through the motions to get the gear you need and ultimately still end up on same level as Olaf who started the game 2 months ago.

Sure there could be better fail-saves in case you simply fail Too Much, but otherwise it's something that keeps me going in BDO. Wanna bet if it's just due to some gambling problem of mine?

isojukka.js, Buxx and TarkusBlack like this.
  11. Ashenvall

So you are into that: masochist

Breg and MoonDance17 like this.
  12. Nutter22

Make it a life skill.

The more you do it the better you get at it - the better your chances of a successful enhancement. This would make you feel slightly better after each fail too (not by much I admit but you'd still be progressing)

Maybe the better you get at it the fewer FS you need too which means enhancing becomes cheaper eventually, perhaps you could also get knowledge for your first successful enchant for each of your items and for each level ie earring accessory enchanted to PRI / DUO / TRI making it slightly easier to do the second earring to the same level, even if only marginally.

I'm sure they could run a program to retrospectively score us all on our past enchants to give us a pre-score too - so for example someone highly proficient starts at professional / master.

Just a thought.

OriGummy, Breg, isojukka.js and 2 others like this.
  13. Buxx

Buxx Lahn 62 EU

If there would be a easier erhancement system, everyone would be full pen. Ppl would get bored and we'd have less ppl than today. Gear progression in bdo is a long term endgame content. And i kinda like how it is, its hard and it can be frustrating. Just enhance smart and with backups. In the end you're faster than rushing the maingear since you wont fall back. Patience is the key. This is not a game to complete in 2 months

TarkusBlack likes this.
  14. Blitzball

This is not true. Only Fogans & Gahaz are crowded. Other spots are empty.

There was a TET Narc on market 2 days ago. No one bidded on it.

However, base accessories are gone. Thanks to shitty droprates and accessories destruction after a fail.

15. Ayane69

Haven't tried to seriously enhance my equipment and with all the flak flying about how bad it sucks I might not even bother getting to that point.

Fearless V likes this.
  16. Itago

Itago Witch 62 EU

This would solve nothing, new(er) players would still whine that its to hard and older players with better funding (ingame) would have easier enchanting. Sounds like a good way to break the game even more than it is!

17. Buxx

Buxx Lahn 62 EU

Try crescents on arsha, 10+ ppl in the evening, pretty fun

18. Spartakatz

I've never seen Nagas empty, not even once. Of course the crappy spots are empty like Cadry and what not. All the good ones are constantly crowded, far from "nobody plays".
    Narc is not really what most people want anyway, AP still beats everything, and it's no pure AP item.

But most of all, what do you even want to argue? Didn't you create just shortly ago a thread with "I cant hold my grindspot anymore"? Doesn't sound like empty servers, duh.

Smileybones and Reigne Irkalla like this.
  19. Breugh

I want to show a little of the other side of RNG. I've gotten 2 Pens by random smashing on a relatively low pen stack. I have accepted that this is a gambling simulator and enjoy it for the gambling aspect. Rather than lose actual money (never spend a dime on my gear), you lose some silver. Still a cancer system though, but hey gambling always is if you lose.

MoZex likes this.
  20. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

Only because YOU don't like it, it doesn't mean that nobody likes it.
    Yes, the game is not perfect and so are the devs/publishers, but does that make me hate the game? No.
    It's still the best mmo currently out there, even despite the problems and i still enjoy this game more than any other mmo i've played so far.

TarkusBlack and Reigne Irkalla like this.