1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BDO enhancing, #1 reason most quit.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Saeva, Sep 30, 2018.

?

BDO enhancing

This poll will close on Sep 25, 2019 at 4:40 PM.
  1. Sucks.

45.2%
  2. Will likely be the reason I quit.

26.5%
  3. Is the reason I quit.

14.8%
  4. Is great and best aspect of game.

9.3%
  5. Is something I just live with

30.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Zimtiah

I quitted already 3 times because of enhancing.... REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

2. Itago

Itago Witch 62 EU

Removing downgrade is why we suddenly have so many PEN items, it was not a new mechanic (cron stones) but the cost/benefit got changed with Caphra energy on fail and smelting costumes for cheaper cron stones. This mechanic have been ingame for a VERY long time, but nobody use it since it "cost to much" or more likely it show th ecost to clearly...

3. Rayin

Cron Stones were in game for long, but as you say there was no Caphras energy, that's why nobody ever bothered. If we had it since day 1 when they released PRI, DUO, TRI, TET, PEN, then people would've used them for sure more often instead of risking everything with RNG attempts, but those Koreans with one hand put a nut on your table saying "Hey, it's food that i've prepared for you with my own hands, take it" and while you're struggling to open that nut with no tools, with their other hand snatch your precious items nearby for a total amount of money that it's much much much bigger than the value of that simple nut.

Example of what i'm saying:

They made "easier" to get boss items, not everyone such as Dim Tree Spirit Armor, but still it's easier to get those compared to the release of this game > Let's make enhancement more Cash Shop dependant through Artisan Memory;

They made a sea content like Margoria or Vell to make this immersive world alive instead of being just a nice landscape to watch > Swimming was terrible (now is slightly better), although you need Cash Shop suits to enjoy them or make them less annoying and one of those suits is faster than any boat ever released. Underwater gathering is strictly tied up to those, else you can just do it near the seashore of the various lands.

They heard we don't like one shot fights nor too much RNG when it comes to basic features like Enhancing gear > Renown Score, AP bonus if you stack AP and to skip "enhancements" we have Shakatu Boxes that have an abysmall chance to drop an accessory, probably BiS, already upgraded to TET so that we can waste our money on it because they know that people have the malicious habit to try their luck, hence the gambling problem that is considered a real disease at certain stages.

They changed PvP to make it smoother for everyone through a major rework that just wiped SA/FG from many classes to make us experience a better and more healthy PvP >
    Renown is still a thing and in the meantime they released Cash Shop coupons to reroll class, reroll weapon and help you to reroll to a FOTM or a class that isn't crippled if your has been brutally butchered. In the meantime, some classes have too many i-frames or too many protected CC based on the meta they wanted, therefore many other classes struggle too much because they've been thrown in a meta that wasn't ready to be meta.

4. Itago

Itago Witch 62 EU

They made ALL boss armor easier to get. Dropping from bundle + world boss on fixed time + night wendor is alot easier than a "random" boss spawn (several hour spawn window)

Sea content i agree is bad, but you can 100% enjoy it without any cash shop item. Most that do it dont enoy it with cash shop item so that is kinda a bad point :P

AP bonus and Renown DR needs to go away, we agree there. Not sure how you can waste money on a box you get for free, with no buying ingame or pearl shop, this is news to me (in our version atleast)

SA/FG rework is more or less something we (players/forum users) have whined about for years, when they finaly did something they kinda screwed it up about as bad as it was before. Just in a diffrent way this time :P
    The SA/FG rework changed the balance more to play skill over gear, but as long as renown/ap scaling is as strong as it is you also need gear to be relevant

5. Rayin

Nah, i got 4 guildies that are trying to snipe a Dim from market and they both had to put an insane pre-order on a +0, forget about TRI or TET because we're talking about 1b and 3+ billions.
    Urugons are also hard to get.

You must reason in terms of current meta, where players are beyond TET/PEN, not in past, where the enhancement was gated at +15 or people were stuck at TRI and it was considered softcap. Of course it was harder, but you could've fought back in full grunil, now those items are needed more than ever.

You can "enjoy" SMH that personally gives me 40 different kind of ebola, but underwater gathering is not an option and is not enjoyable. With those suits you can reach the bottom of the ocean in 3 seconds, without you can't. You could've done that back then when going into the character selection screen to refresh the oxygen and stamina was a thing, now you can't at all.
    Cash Shop gated.

Margoria questline is even harder to do than before thanks to this change.
    Doing Vell is less frustrating if you have a Swimming Suit, because you can take the loot before many others and go back where you were, experimenting less rubberbanding, less glitches, less bouncing around on boats, players and other objects.
    Dying to Vell is even an option as you can get back there as soon as you die, if you don't have a swimming suit you better not or it'll take 5 minutes to reach him if your boat is right in front of him.

We had too many FG/SA, but they didn't any rework. They just wiped. Classes that had core issues before still have them, but probably have better times because they retained more protections than others.
    Classes that were top now are the bottom because they lost much more than "underdogs" with more versatile kits, aka Sorc, Ninja, Kuno and Mystic too.

Witch/WIz lack of options to fight in 1 vs 1, other classes can't even do mass PvP. And they want to turn BDO into an e-sport, ayyy.

Breg and Crimson_Scarlet like this.
  6. Corsix

Yep as a player of bdo since early release, its the single most annoying aspect of the game that I despise. ATM I just run around in Duo-Tri on ALL my items just because it blows to try to tet/pen and Ive already wasted a gazillion trying to tet ONE item. Imagine trying to do them all.

I think the reason it blows so much is because you can lose enhancement levels and are forced to spend 250million ++++++++ silver on crons just to TRY to not LOSE your current enchancement level.

The enhancement system is more trying to SAVE your current level rather than GETTING the next level.

Breg likes this.
  7. Itago

Itago Witch 62 EU

If you think it was not much harder getting boss gear around release, your delusional. The few pieces that dropped were used by the players that got the drop or sold to market bots (wonder why we ahve a bid face now? that is why)
    Sniping is just ONE way to get boss gear, and that was not a viable way back then since nobody sold it!
    Night vendor was not ingame and daily/weekly scrolls cound not give boss gear from bundle.
    World/field bosses had 6(?) hour spawn window, no telling when in that window it would spawn. Unless your hardcore player chances are your not playing 6hours each day, do the math...

If you want to catch up to people in TET/PEN boss gear (2.5+ years to get for them), you might want to take a few shortcuts. TET Ultimate Green is not far off, but the silver diffrence is about 1b per piece on market, not counting how much more green stuff is sold compared to boss. 4 pieces of TET Ultimate Green armor saves you about 3-5b compared to boss, that is TET Dandelion + Kzarka + Nouver + some extra silver

8. Rayin

Again, it's not. With the current meta you are forced to buy boss armors, before Renown, PvP changes and so on, it was more like a choice.
    Do i really need those DP if anyway a Tamer with 190 AP can burst me in 2 skills? yes? no? stats weren't even unveiled, we knew that they were BiS because of their grade and personal tests, but a Grunil could do the job, even better a Rocaba or an Heve armor.
    The only thing everyone always tried to get were Nouver, Kutum and Dandelion, but we had aura for those pretty much as soon as we got the bosses, in fact after 5 months they introduced auras so it was easier to get them.

Kutum, Nouver and Dande, now that boss HP are shared across the servers, are easier to get and have always been easy to get compared to Muskan & Dim.
    Dim or Muskan it's not, you can even spend 7 months rolling NV to get an army of Kutum, Nouver and Dande for every class but yours, go figure those items.
    The items that pops up more frequently after those are Giath Helm and Red Nose, imagine why.
    In 2 years of NV rolling, i personally seen only one overpriced Dim, rest were Giath, Rednose and what i said above.
    The same items that were common in the cursed Rednose day that we had 2 years ago. The same items that you're going to drop most likely as they're also daily scrolls and not weekly.
    Ain't BiS, but have that status, while their counterparts Dim & Muskan are still BiS for certain class while for others ain't.

Now more than ever, if you have Giath and Rednose, you're going to loose a huge amount of stats and RS, but even those aren't as common to drop as i describe them, it's still a matter of luck RNG as one could get one of those after 7 months.
    Considering that market is inflated and new players have a huge amount of initial silvers compared to us but a RN now cost 95kk when you could snipe one for 15kk back then, i'd say that doesn't feel so easy to gear up.

Investing in anything else but boss armor is a waste of RS, money, resources and time.
    During the era you mentioned there were no AM, so most of boss armors were stuck in people's warehouse because they weren't seen as the definitive upgrade, you weren't even forced. Now you are because they boost you beyond the imaginable, therefore they may be "easier" to get in term of quantity injected in MP, but they're also needed more than before, hence who has them has the luxury to observe how many boss pieces are flooding the game, who doesn't have them can just dream to snipe, pre-order or drop one of those.

9. Tacarmato

Agree, the enhancement sucks but hey, if it was easy everyone would be OP.

10. Solsi

I didn't stop playing because of the enhancing system. But it's definitely on my top 5 least enjoyable things about BDO.

It's just such an unfun and repetitive way to do gear progression, just logging and re-logging to different stacks. Making new stacks. Blowing stuff up. Spamming cash shop in-between if you're felling rich irl. Than doing it all over again for months or years, because rng hates you.

Ideally gear progression should be more action/adventure oriented in my opinion. Getting better gear should be tied to enjoyable gameplay, not monotonous daily routines that's executed while standing in a town.

But ofc not possible for BDO to implement that, since gearing is more about increasing enhancement levels than getting drops.

11. Wollbert

Wollbert Ranger 62 EU

sounds balanced.

12. Megamaster

...it shoud by liek in lineage 2 !!!! fail enchant = item destroied no safe enchant witch capras or easy way witch crones

13. Itago

Itago Witch 62 EU

What you loose out on with Giath+Red Nose vs Griffon+Dim Tree is 100 HP and +5% all resist. Evasion vs DR is as much a bonus as a loss depending on what your building for.

Red Nose, Muskan, Heve Helmet+Gloves and evasion offhand is enough to be more than slightly tanky against "softcap". Full TET BiS gear will still be a wet paper armor against good geared players

14. Rayin

What you described is mixed DR/EVA build that is wet paper to anyone and you play Witch, so your damage is standard to anyone but Mystic and Striker, try to fight a Sorc with another class that doesn't have accuracy multipliers or are just one 2 forgettable skills while other damaging skills have 0 or are multipliers, then you tell me how your damage will be good against those.

With Uru + Griffon + Dim you already have a DR setup, which mean that your block scales also better. What does that mean that your block scales better? more survivability, as instead of breaking with 2 skills against a softcapped player (depending on the class) to leave you uncovered with the infamous "Block broken animation" that also can trigger a block-lock, it can be broken with 3-4.
    Which is a huge difference if you're fighting for example a Sorc, once again. A class that cuts through everything like butter, especially static classes.

You understimate the importance of a build, that now is everything more than ever. Rednose is crap, at this point is better PEN both Heve helmet and chest with Caphras that require way less CS, no MF, no AM and breakthrough that still requires way less CS, rather than keep at TET a RN and later switch it to Dim Tree Spirit for the 200 HP bonus.

The more HP you have, the more your DP will work better. The more RS you have, the more your DP will be significant. The more AP you have, the more DR increases.

DR & HP are meta now, EVA will probably be meta when we'll have those new EVA gloves that conveniently have more stats. And guess what? they'll probably be hard as hell to get and many of us will be forced again through enhancing as every piece of equipment that gives visible stats is now BiS, unless you're drunk and you use stuff that do not have any reason to exist on your character such a Sicil Necklace on Warrior, something that now is obsolete for EVA classes too.

There's a reason if some people appear much more tanky than others and if some people with the same class deal an insane amount of damage compared to others with the same class, having the same quantity of AP.

15. HeadlessHorseman

What this game needs is what most games have and that is a armor and weapons crafting system, world bosses would drop rare mats and a new life skill blacksmithing would aloud us to craft even boss gear at artisan or more,and the highest lvl would also give us better enhancement chance,so i vote for that.

Breg likes this.
  16. Feyti

There are a ton of solutions that exist and are quite obvious to fix multiple issues from the game.
    But that doesn't interest the devs.
    Fixing things doesn't bring money in.

17. 2Cents

Your Theory: 0% Success Rate
    My Theory: 100% Success Rate

The Theory:
    When introducing a pay option to a multi player game that gives a huge advantage and saves a massive amount of time it will be used heavily upon release. The games which have tested this have 100% success rate which can be statistically proven by their sales along with the effects within the game.

You have your Theory I have mine. Mine just so happens to be correct 100% of the time, but don't let that discourage you. Eventually one day a game will try this and fail, and on that day you will be a hero.

All opinions != Son

18. Reigne Irkalla

Lol you can make 10 stones an hour regardless of what you are doing.

19. FadedSky

This is where i quit month ago ... i dont have time to try catch up whales

20. Malfurion

Yeah as long as you shell out the money for enough market maids you can do any activity you want.