1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BDO Ethics and Karma System

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Geerad, Mar 30, 2018.

?

Do you support the low geared character?

1. Yes

48.1%
  2. No

51.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Busche

From my own experience:

I go to grind. Find my spot. Person comes and starts grinding.

I leave them alone until it becomes clear they don't care about how much better off they would be somewhere else.

I now have 2 options.
    Kill them, which is probably not going to happen (they see me. Therefore they are looking for a fight. Therefore they just got a shiney new toy or they are just super confident)
    Or i can switch channels and continue farming the EXACT same rotation.

They usually just walk away, btw. I'm a Mystic lvl 57 and i have no awakening skills. Most ppl assume I'm 49 and I'm not killable anyway.

In fact I've never had to defend my spot. Yall just move on. Im being polite. If this was lin 1 i would kill you just for showing up on my screen. I want to kill you as soon as you show up on my screen, but I know how courteous you all are.

An awakened tamer flagged up on me at helms and i blew him up like a mob with absolutes. Was funny. Probably won't work on most people... But that's what happens sometimes when you go for an "easy target."

As it stands, the karma system is decently just. The only thing i don't get is why you can only get to like 300k positive karma, but i can have a million negative. Seems imbalanced if you ask me.

I just know from a lin1 perspective you could drop all your gear if you were red but if you saw another player you could use a normal teleport scroll that could literally teleport you ANYWHERE in game. Including towns where guards could attack you, but people couldn't.

In this game you go red and they really, really want you to stay there.
    Especially cause you go to kill mobs to work it off and you encounter the same ****: People want your spot and so on, but now there is no flagging involved. They get free reign to kill you and you either have to die and go to jail or kill them and take the karma loss.

You can argue "run away" but that is totally dependant on your class vs theirs. You can kill them and stay there to grind. They will come back. Probably with friends. I would love the server to see i "punished" you. You can kill them and swap servers and hope you don't need to repeat the proccess.

In regards to "karma bombing" it just means you are literally only there to be a pos. You died. You lost. You are going to come back knowing i (or he) will kill you again because you think it's funny to make me go red. Yes. You are the problem.

You want to "win the fight" by seeing if i will go neg 1 million on you. I will. You should switch channels. Not me. I bet it works 50-75% of the time.

You grind. You grind. You see me. I kill you. You go "ill show him" and cone back and flag up and die again. "Ill still show him," you say. You come back and start farming my rotation even though you could switch channels and have the same rotation still, but now you just want to GRIEF me for playing a pvp style of pve. Yes. You are the problem.

But some of us probably kill you till we would go red and then we switch channels because we are scared. And you FINALLY get that big W you were F
    after after wasting 30 or so minutes of your life being a passive aggressive (explative deleted) that just can't be bothered doing what the rest of us do when we get beat.

Except most of us get friends. We have those. Mostly because we don't karma bomb people.

#41 Busche, Apr 4, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
  2. Kaxlene

No such thing as Ethics in this game when you are allowed to murder someone for being weaker then you

Velentos, Redarion, Noctuae and 2 others like this.
  3. Columba

Nope. I come back to fight as hard as I can. Why should I leave a spot where I have been minding my own business? It’s your problem if you walk away and let bullies scare you away. I don’t play that way. No, I don’t interrupt anyone’s rotations.

Redarion likes this.
  4. WinterMilla

I mean i've killed a man 61 times another 35, both told they where going to karma bomb me.

5. Naho

Man leave these ppl crying about the current karma system. You wanna pk ppl when they were 1st there and won't assume the fact that they come back? especialy when they are trying to gear up and compete?! And after that we will end up with even more crybabies yelling on the forum " BDO is p2w i can't catch up!" . Close this thread already

Columba likes this.
  6. Columba

Did they control your keyboard? That's my point. You have options. You chose...poorly.

7. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 64 EU

but they do lose something.... the most valuable resource everyone has - time.

i can already see people hunting the other guy until they kill him 3x. :D :D :D :D

8. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

that's cause there is a special pvp system in the desert. once you kill someone there, you will be a bandit for the next 30 minutes and everyone can attack you freely in the desert. if you die, you get sent to jail. that's why griefing is the worst in desert, as people are too afraid to flag up and just end up farming the same spot with 20 people, everyone killing one pack.

9. Sidina

Sidina Lahn 62 EU

not sure if my sleep deprived brain misses some sarcasm here...
    You can clearly see on the name color if someone is below 50. They probably just don't engage you cause you are a Mystic or you're grinding in the desert and people are more cautious to flag there.

If someone jumps into the rotation I am on and doesn't plan to leave I outgrind them and it usually works fine. If someone flags on me and I notice I don't stand a chance I usually leave and either hop channel or check other rotations. I only grind my 200% hour and throwing my cadavar at someone who had just easily killed me, just to get repeatedly killed again doesn't give me anything, I just waste time on my 200%.

Columba likes this.
  10. Vyky

Vyky Maehwa EU

"My Spot!"
    "Your Spot!"

OUR SPOT???

Cain and Abel syndrome.
    - Kill your enemy before he/she kills you.
    - Take his/her spot before he/she takes from you.

You did not learn anything from history?
    You both will suffer from your both idiotical opinion, childish behavior...

#50 Vyky, Apr 4, 2018
  11. Kauni

Kauni Archer 63 EU

Dude are you actually fine? You say there is no karma bombing and you always suggest a scenario where just a pleb (obviously usually you) grinding and he gets pushed out by a better player.
    What about the scenario where the spot is already taken by Player A and Player B decided to run in and ruin the rotation? You call that sharing then? Isn't the difference between sharing and stealing that you actually agree on sharing? Why am I forced to "share" the spot when nobody actually asked and just rans in?
    Here I am actually curious, can I just walk into your house (or any place where you are at and doing something) and do whatever I want to? I mean if you would complain I could just say "learn to share" and be right, right? :-)

Wyper, flukeSG2 and The Skulltaker like this.
  12. Aklia

Lofl.
    Who is too afraid to flag up in the desert? I kill more people there than anywhere else.
    We take parties to nouver and kill everyone doing it on the weekends. Its a good freakin' time. We are -1million every weekend. Love the pvp system in the desert.

Its easy to get out of jail if you happen to die. It takes two minutes.

Wyper likes this.
  13. Columba

You aren’t forced to share as player b. You have lots of options, including grinding better. Do as you want and accept the consequences. Failed real life analogy. I

14. PyroPaul

Okay... this is something I am genuinely confused about: If one person taking 1-2 pulls out of your rotation 'ruins' it... how is it a good rotation?

Now from every other MMO - the way we farmed was from pull to pull. You would set up a farming routine so that The next group of mobs would spawn while you are killing the current group of mobs that you pulled. Thus creating a cycle where nothing is alive in your spot except for the next group of mobs you are looking to pull.

In this MMO - people adopt rotations - creating large circles through zones which path through huge clusters of mobs along the way. I fully believe that this is highly inefficient and a poor method of farming, but still at it's core - the primary purpose of this is to ensure that there are always things in front of you to kill.

However in BOTH of these examples, the reason people adopt these methods of farming is that it becomes difficult to 'ruin' as you can jump over any interruption and continue on with your routine. If a person interrupts a single pull or segment of your rotation, you just jump over them to the next portion - The area behind you is empty, and you will be in the area beyond - so once that person is done killing those mobs he will have literally nothing to do.

So how is it a single person taking a handful of mobs some how causes your entire system to break down?
    And if you want to say it ruins efficiency (which is laughable because rotations you all use are horribly inefficient already) - it almost always takes you Longer to kill a player then it would to just simply continue on with the rotation...

You don't own the area, so you are not entitled to anything there.

a more accurate analogy would be to compare the game to driving, as like in the game - you don't own the road - you simply are allowed to drive on it... along with every one else that drives.

#54 PyroPaul, Apr 4, 2018
  15. Sidina

Sidina Lahn 62 EU

Best case scenario the rotation is kind of a circle and is usually timed to your killing speed. So the first pack of mobs should be just respawned when you arrive there. If someone takes out a group from that rotation and you skip it you are faster and the mobs are not respawned yet.

flukeSG2 likes this.
  16. PyroPaul

That's how i learned to farm in WoW...
    but in this game - next to no one does that.

I've had people say i'm 'ruining their rotation' and demand i leave - even though I've cycled through 2-3 respawns between the times They've come by.... and it just baffles me how they can consider it theirs.

Wyper likes this.
  17. Sidina

Sidina Lahn 62 EU

Yeah that happens a lot of times. People sometimes chose rotations their killing speed is too low for.
    I once when I was leveling an alt at Helms had a tamer run through the middle of the rotation I was on and it annoyed me so much. Than I watched him desperately beating a single helm mob and by the time I had cleared the whole rotation he was still beating that one single Helm....
    Bless his little heart, I did just grind around him

18. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

most people who are not sure of their gear are too afraid to attack and become bandit/red, cause you will 100% followed by them for the duration of the bandit debuff...if you kill many people in desert, thx, finally someone who is not afraid to flag up there, but i remember grinding my way to 61 at nagas and so many people just get into your rotation and not flag up. they want you to flag up so you become bandit and they can kill you or force you away.

19. Aklia

Desert is made for reds. Its just a shame there arent too many peoole that grind there.
    However, this pri/duo accessory drop thing has brought many people to crescents and fogans. I have sent many people to thwir graves over the last week.

20. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

not too many people to grind there? nagas is the most populated spot in the game right now...and also the most cancerous.
    you are right, desert was made for reds, but since they made the mobs easier to kill and also the best solo grinding spots (at least for xp), they are populated by low geared players that will not flag up and will grief the **** out of everyone there, even if there are 20 in the same rotation and everyone only gets 2 packs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.