1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BDO Gearscore calculator

Discussion in 'Guides' started by remilafo, Dec 2, 2017.

1. remilafo

I did this a long time ago on the old forums. With the release of hidden numbers i got motivated to revise this tool.

So what is it?

This is a gearscore calculating tool that incorporates hp, eva, dr, acc and the various forms of AP to give you accurate representation of your statistics and gear power in PvE and PvP senario's on paper.

Feel free to scrutinize it, i won't respond to trolling or shlt posting. I will be happy to correct any actual mistakes or errors and improve or add anything as well, given a respectful and well delivered point.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16DdVkHhrAEiXbQSepf8cpLYwQkJQM56d3N066Pi1YFc/edit?usp=sharing

To download this tool, open the link and then goto FILE menu and DOWNLOAD AS..

[​IMG]

2. Spartakatz

200 AP, 0 attack speed, 0 crit, 0 movement, 0 crit damage, 0 resist, 0 ignore resist
    vs.
    200 AP, 5 attack speed, 5 crit, 5 movement, +1 crit damage, 60% resist, 30% ignore resist

same gearscore but huge difference, can't be. missing stats should be included (maybe except resistances, is a bit tricky)

also don't think that 2 accuracy or 2 evasion is worth 1 AP.

and still don't like the concept of adding completely different stats together, which led to the BDO stat nonsense. if anything, then break it down to 2 values, some sort of DPS, and some sort of EHP (what the "AP" and "DP" values were supposed to represent, but didn't include all the stats).

3. remilafo

I have a private copy that I've already improved upon. Reminds me to update this one.

You mentioned some good things that I have thought about but I'm unclear how to proceed with them. So let's talk about it.

1. Yes I'm aware that the tool does not incorporate resists and speeds. I'm open to a suggestion on how these should be evaluated. Like what is +1 attack speed worth?

2. Value of evasion and accuracy. Before we had the hidden stats the running thought was that 4 evasion = 1 Dr and 4 all accuracy = 1 ap. But with the hidden stats being shown all the numbers have gotten a lot bigger. Ex. A typical 200ap character in reality might in the 300 effective a in pve. And there are more examples.. what would you value a Eva and acc at?

The gears core column is already out of date.. I have a better formula already but the % chance to hit myself column is the real Stat to be looking at regarding acc and eva

4. Spartakatz

4% increase per point, same with crit rate (although some diminishing returns here because of high % crit skills)

the balance of items that are roughly the same quality seemed rather 4:1, but it's very hard to compare those. if in doubt, I guess the gearscore should end up with same values for e.g. a TRI centaur and a TRI basilisk, or a bronze vs steel dagger. Maybe.

5. remilafo

im going to need something alot more specific than that..

like how much NUMBERS would +5 Attack speed add to the total gearscore number?

6. Spartakatz

It would add 20% to the DPS, e.g. columns O and P multiplicated with (1 + attack speed * 0.04)

that means, at least theoretically, for constant damage output. e.g. some ulti will still have the same damage, or some burst combo (that will be just faster).

#6 Spartakatz, Dec 16, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2017