1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BDO GeForce Driver Optimization

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by PM Horizon, Feb 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElPsyKongroo

Oh hey, I'm using Nvidia, guess its time to upgrade...after a month or so.

Arvalo likes this.
  2. Shichi88

Shichi88 Striker NA

Well duh obviously a 1000 series is better wtf lol. Im saying, my GPU/CPU are not my bottleneck. Its the gtx 960 4gb version already OC'd i7 4790k at 4.3ghz, as I said MY bottleneck are only having 8gb ram. And the game DOES have horrible optimization, they did get better now slowly but its still bad. The pop in issues are still there. Im glad you think its fine but its not. Its alot better than before, but its still not where it should be considering.

3. PsiGhost

I've never said that i'm fine with the pop-in, stop putting words into my mouth. In fact, i wonder why they havent given the pop-in issue a higher priority, since it's present even in the official trailers and videos, which makes the game look bad.
    Also 8 GB of RAM should be fine: 2018-02-11_261711477.jpg
    This is whole system ram usage btw. and i already have 16 gigs, so Windows is naturally going to use more. The game itself used 3.5 gigabytes of RAM at that moment. How can it be horribly optimized if get a playable framerate with a **** CPU in a CPU-bottlenecked situation? I haven't even touched the sliders on the performance tab, so they are set to maximum quality instead of performance. I think the optimization is fine for what the game is, since it's no easy task to handle game logic, stream assets in real-time, prepare draw calls, handle networking and deal with background tasks all at the same time. Anyway, the performance is way better than it was at launch. I wish it would have come faster, but it's better than nothing.

4. Shichi88

Shichi88 Striker NA

Id suggest turning off high end mode and you'd be at a constant 60fps if not more. High end mode adds nothing of value to the look of the game, only more strain.

Arvalo likes this.
  5. Crushader

6. Heliantus

Heliantus Berserker 61 EU

gpu still at 95-100% load (since mystic patch) which results in spikes and other stuff like not being able to even watch streams on other screens (spikes there too because of it)
    there are already multiple posts about it here in the forum (and yes win10 game optimization, dvr, gamebar, etc is OFF ...)

other games have no issue at all (gpu load between 20-50%)
    • i7-4790k 4.8ghz
    • 980ti
    • windows 10 - 1709
    [​IMG]

7. kakodaimonos

Just curious:
    How much space does a picture of that size take?
    At Overwatch the 9x Resolution pics took about 500mb and it rendered for like 10 seconds or so.

8. Jannanomana

Jannanomana DarkKnight EU

thats a bit strange. u want JPG cause PNG just bombing your disk space.

~ 17.000 x 9000 "normal picture with backgrounds" resolution is ~ 80 MB in JPG
    -> but i open then in photoshop and render them again to be like ~ 20 MB.

~ 17.000 x 9000 "character render/with black/onecolor background" is like ~ 20 MB in JPG

cause u cant upload 80 MB pictues on imgur.

my Ansel settings. NEVER tick the "Losless Output format PNG" checkbox. or pictures are easy > 300 MB each
    ansel settings.PNG

You can find it at: C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Ansel\Tools
    or search for "NvCameraConfiguration.exe"

#48 Jannanomana, Feb 12, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  9. kakodaimonos

That's reasonable. It's definitly better than those 500mb pictures.

10. Shichi88

Shichi88 Striker NA

Thats normal though, it just uses all the resources available thats all. When I play warframe it does it too, bdo is just very graphic intensive. But I have no issue watching stuff while playing or grinding so idk why you do, with more powerful stuff then me too.

11. Heliantus

its not normal if it leads to frame drops into the 5-10fps for 1-2sec everytime it spikes 100%... with it running at 140fps~ from 95-99%
    if you make it that the game suddenly forces full load from 1 patch to another make it so this cant happen... and there are multiple ppl that didnt suffer the 100% load with different hardware.

prepatch i had with bdo on very high max 60-70% load (now its 95-100% in optimization mode/low/medium) and thats with chrome + streams + other stuff running... now i need to close everythign except BDO and the spikes still happen on every 100% tick ingame.
    and thats on a fresh windows + fresh bdo install...

WolfyPlayss and NannaOgg like this.
  12. Waifu_Hunter

just get a new computer.

13. Heliantus

2years without any fps issues... now one patch fked it up... yea sure a pc issue
    to bad that ppl with 1080ti etc have the same issue, but thanks

WolfyPlayss likes this.
  14. Shichi88

Shichi88 Striker NA

Im all for a solution, I dont like seeing my gpu at 90-100% load either but I dont get many issues and the temps are normal too at least, but if there is a solution or a fix ill take it. It goes to 0 when I minimize it though to play other stuff so there's that.

15. Waifu_Hunter

yeah thats what happens, your computer breaks and you have to buy another one.

16. Lurien

Lurien Battleborn Tamer 62 EU

17. Altamar

It is nice to see that the game is now a true Nvidia game, leaving all the people that use AMD video cards out of the loop.
    It should be post in the game files that it only supports Nvidia video cards.

18. Jannanomana

Jannanomana DarkKnight EU

why u blame kakao/pa for that. if Nvidia create ansel, and AMD doesnt create a similar tool, its AMD's fault...

19. Shichi88

Shichi88 Striker NA

???? Its only ansel, calm down. What makes you think the game is purely made for Nvidia cards wtf lol. They just had bad drivers that didnt go well with the game. It took forever to get this driver out, while im sure AMD was fine for the most part, driver wise.

20. Altamar

I have ask here on the forum and through a support ticket about improving graphic support for AMD and the answers they give are like to bad so sad buy a different card.
    As for the game play, I get a good 100plus fps with everything at max, 70 tp 80 in the cities. The only thing is that if I go to full screen the game looks like total hell

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.