1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BDO Hacks ? WTF !

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by DatSfrit, Feb 8, 2020.

1. DatSfrit

Hi guys, i just wanted to ask u what u going to do with hackers in BDO.
    I saw on my own eyes how someone wiped out entire Kratuga room in instant.
    For the future of the game i hope that u will do something with it because it ruins game experience and economy.

Thx :)

karu and gurghul like this.
  2. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 63

For reasons unknown to humans they are unable to ban people on, without speedhack impossible, feats alone. Players could farm 500k trash an hour when lets say 20k would be max with permanent loot pickup from 5 T4 pets and they do not ban it right away.

3. Joungf

Record that and report / provide it to support / GMs.

4. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 63

Record a white dot that zaps all over the map and can hardly be seen? The game should by itself be able to detect people like tis and instnatly ban them. The game after all confirms every single interaction you do. How can it allow you to cast skills 1000 times more often than cooldown would allow you to?

flukeSG2, Grehm, Aaarggghhh and 8 others like this.
  5. Joungf

Well, BDO and its "hacker" detection is just a peace of code develped by humans. It has "bugs" and "weakness". Not every hack gets detected immediately. Sometimes player help to observe potential hackers / cheaters until it is 100 proven by GMs / devs that they really use forbidden methodes / software.

6. Andaro

Ambassador

Report the instance via support ticket so that the GM's may investigate the use and isolate the data.
    Character Name, Family Name, Time & Date of occurrence, location and server channel.
    A screenshot or video (non-publicized please) also helps.

Jupto likes this.
  7. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 63

The point is you do not need to prove the use of forbidden software to begin with. The account is not owned by you and could in theory be shutdown for no reason at any point. That being said it would be enough to ban people straight up for obviously achieving impossible feats(unless you speedhack) without proving the use of the speedhack in the first place.

Since getting the character name of a ghillie suit speedhacker is that easy. As already said the game should be able to autodetect people ingoring hard cd's on skills. After all the server still verifies every single skill being used. The game for gods sake knows how many grass beetles I killed. Seriously. The game should be able to easily compare mob kills of two different "times" and then know when someone kills 50k hystria mobs an hour. Which is obviously achieved by hacking. So just ban them, no further investigation needed.

8. Andaro

Ambassador

Yes it can.
    But process must be followed.
    Blame your local governments and the EU for interfering and making it more complicated.

9. Ateena

Yes, sure, I will blame my gov and EU for protecting my consumers rights.

Extrabone, flukeSG2, Cahir and 13 others like this.
  10. Joungf

That is the difference between how a mature and a kid would act in such a situation.

#10 Joungf, Feb 8, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
  11. chendu

You're serious here ? Blame the government for having people have due process to avoid mistakes as best as possible
    what the F am I reading

12. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 63

A hacker has no rights as a "consumer", since he himself broke the contract and ended it himself. Did not know Kakao needs the approval of the EU to exclude people that broke a contract. Can I also not pay my electricity bills and my energy provider has to ask my government first whether or not he is allowed to stop providing me?
    Lego just recently wanted to sue a german youtuber that purely reviewed Lego for free for years, because his youtube logo somewhat resembled the "legoblock", even though they lost the patent on the general "form" years ago and they could not have done it anyway.
    So not like Kakao could not simply ban someone hacking, the other party could not afford going to court anyway, especially considering that they are guilty in the first place.
    And you do not need to prove the software use to confirm a hacker in the first place. You can also convict someone of murder or theft without knowing the whereabouts of the weapon etc etc.

flukeSG2 likes this.
  13. BraveHeart

This is not the only hacking thats going on. I highly suspect hacking during auto-run horse training as well, because there is a clear difference between normal players training horses and the players that are using a 'shift key' hack.

And from the interaction on the forum I am getting the notion that the GM's are trying their best to downplay it and pretend that it does not exist.

flukeSG2 likes this.
  14. gurghul

Sadly hackers ban is not priority for devs

Life2v and Fearless V like this.
  15. gurghul

Do you realize , they run mostly in camouflage . And no one is running on background video recorder all the time.
    BDO should have couple of GM to this job , not players ..

Thugarin, flukeSG2, easay9 and 7 others like this.
  16. Ateena

/facepalm
    Cheating is against ToS, nobody is denying it, just like nobody is defending cheaters, but it has to be proven through heuristics, other detection methods, or footage.
    But it seems our "Ambassador" is highly annoyed that PA/Cashcow can't ban people left and right, and thanks god for the protections because knowing how scummy this company is I simply don't trust them to have their hands completely free.
    Maybe the "Ambassador" is annoyed that Belgian gov banned lootboxes too :)

And btw if they cared about cheating they would simply remove ghillie suits.

Reywhisper and zeezero like this.
  17. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 63

What I described is "other methods". I do not need to even detect any software if people loot more mobs than under a normal ruleset even possible. And you still do not even own the account. You could get banned whenever for whatever reason. Same as they could also close the game servers and every single player loses his account. Nobody could prevent them from doing so.
    Just remembering this case of the todd rogers, where he claimed to have achieved best times that are not even achievable, since the game code would not allow you to do it even with frameperfect inputs. But it still took years for his "records" to be denied, because they simply ignored the undeniable proof.
    There could also be a single GM literally just checking all the common speedhacker spots all day by shifting channels and staying invis. Just immediately banhammering.

flukeSG2 likes this.
  18. Fearless V

Fearless V TranscendentSoul Witch NA

So you admit it's unofficially ok to hack in BDO?

Thank you very much! If I do decide to play BDO again. I know if I want to advance without getting abused by cash shop. I have really nice options to do so. Thank you for clearing those waters!

Life2v likes this.
  19. Fearless V

Fearless V TranscendentSoul Witch NA

You mean GMs running around in game like how ESO and GW2 do. :D

20. Andaro

Ambassador

Nice try, but seriously, drugs will rot your brain.
    The poster to whom I replied (which wasn't you), said the game logs those actions. -> I said yes it can.
    I also then stated that regardless, Process, (filing a ticket) must still be followed.
    I then also pointed out that you have consumer laws to blame for such long antiquated processes.

No where in my statement did I say anything about it was "ok to hack". If you got that from my statement, then you've flipped your lid, and that is literally the worst attempt at trolling I have seen to date. (And I've seen more troll posts than you have hours alive.)

The rules are - If you see a hacker - report it via ticket.
    End of discussion.

Souda, Jupto and Phoenixxx75 like this.