1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BDO Hacks ? WTF !

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by DatSfrit, Feb 8, 2020.

1. zhagsten

Is there a way to remove you the right to "speak for us" as your Ambassador title implies?
    Enough is enough.

Thugarin, flukeSG2, Eryola and 3 others like this.
  2. Raviehn

Uhm why do i need to fill a ticket, so that the publisher can take action against another player, who broke the tos?

Its the publishers task...
    The data of the logs on the db can be analyzed by reports. Those can flag outliers. Afterwards a publisher could suspend the account and automatically send an email, asking the owner what he like to say to the data. The answer should go to the service.

No law harmed... pretty Smooth process and easy to implement. Could be optimzed ofc...

So in the end there is the question, why something like that was never implemented.

flukeSG2, Phoenixxx75 and Mimimimi like this.
  3. Fearless V

Fearless V TranscendentSoul Witch NA

Why do you take this too serious? Relax a bit it's only a title. Let their words roll off you like a gentle breeze!

4. chendu

And I am asking what law do you think hinder that process ?
    The CGU (would it be TOS in english ?) are pretty clear on what happen on cheating, Logs are both client and server side, so proof of infringement are presentable

flukeSG2 likes this.
  5. Arch2k

Arch2k Devil_Monkeys Lahn 64 NA

hire me for 15 a hour and I'll show them the ban hammer :) but seriously I know u guys putting in the GM call at some point since I saw it a while back being tested. Any ETA on that?

#25 Arch2k, Feb 8, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
  6. Alextrazsa

Alextrazsa Sorceress EU

I miss the days when a GM was always ingame, and you could simply call him if you saw a hacker...

Thugarin, flukeSG2, easay9 and 7 others like this.
  7. Fearless V

They still exist in other MMOs to this day. Eve Online, GW2, and ESO to name a few.

BraveHeart likes this.
  8. Arch2k

Arch2k Devil_Monkeys Lahn 64 NA

pretty sure i saw a article last year or 2018 about them putting a button in game that can call a GM base on the need of the ticket a while back. I think also u can get it on test server but i think its a feature only a selected few have not 100% sure on it.
    i am trying to find the article about this feature. that way u guys can see that planning to put it in just taking time for w.e reason.

9. Nextgengame

Last I checked kako did ban people randomly without any prof as "hackers" back in the days shadow arena existed, so...

Éternel and Life2v like this.
  10. BraveHeart

Do they have the proper tools to detect hacks and cheating in the game? Or is their 'detection' based on visual observation just like like how we players detect hacks? You can report all you wan't, but if GMs have to work based on visual suspicion and observation then I doubt a lot of players are getting banned/suspended.

P.S. the latest player report I've send hasn't even been looked at so it feels a bit pointless to report players anyway.

11. Mirtastic

Players breaking ToS and hacking their way to glory while also selling their boosted accounts that have rare items e.g. (compass or map)

NO BAN (for months maybe a year plus or never)

Wrong deal or wrongly discounted pearl shop item

INSTANT EMERGENCY MAINTENANCE.

Its easy to say why we can't do after these people (or even name them; other regions proved the names but not NA/EU) but to continuously ignore such a serious threat to the game's economy and overall players pleads to remedy such a grave issue with excuses is so disheartening for the community.

How about we get the ambassadors to stop roleplaying in their homes and actually monitor the game; maybe even implement some sort of system to report speedhackers before they're forgotten and left to do as they wish.

easay9, Life2v and gurghul like this.
  12. Allan1985

exactly, it would as simple as monitor the dps of each person and insta ban when impossible high values are detected

13. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 63

So you are saying it would bee too hard for the game to detect this, even though the game is literally counting every single kill you ever do in the background(see titles)? Or are you saying it is not possible for the server to ralize that the server itself is confirming 50 uses and corresponding hits of abilities within 1 sec that have like 10 sec hard cd's? So the server is able to confirm the hits on the mob, but unable to see that this is contradicting the games rulest(cd's- speedhack).

14. Allan1985

what i am saying is monitor the player's DPS and if it is higher than possible then insta ban.

15. Fearless V

More than likely the case is. The hackers in question are valued Pearl Shop spenders. Therefore it's not in the company's best interests to ban them until they stop spending money. I'm willing to say that is more likely than them not being able to tell they are cheating.

16. SevFFS

SevFFS Kunoichi 62 EU

Because the server doesnt check all these things. They transfered it all to the client, thats why desync is so bad in this game. The /reload glitch is an example where you could see this easily (remember "We temporarily disable the command").

17. Éternel

They won't even fix the "report spam" button, and you expect them to have someone actively banning hackers/bot abusers?

18. Jupto

Every Nvidia user is and it is called Shadowplay.
    I can at any time ingame hit my key and it will save 10min(i have set it to 10min) of my last gameplay, it can be set from 0.25 and all the way up to 20min of gameplay.
    Feel free to read about it here https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3322/kw/shadowplay

19. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 63 EU

BDO community : BDO is full of bots and hackers ( yes it is and i agree about it)
    Kakao: please make an support ticket and provide us with information so we can check this case.
    BDO community : Its not our job to report hackers.

I'm not trying to defend Kakao, but you guys not only not reporting hackers, you defend those "skilled" players called it FPS/ desyncs/ etc.

20. Nextgengame

It's not the players job to find and report hackers. There are employees paid to do this job.

Not to mention that any competent dev could implement a basic hack detection server side in a day or two that would solve the majority of those "hacks".

#40 Nextgengame, Feb 9, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2020
    Thugarin, flukeSG2, Yumine and 7 others like this.