1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BDO heading into 2020

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by 2Cents, Jun 6, 2019.

1. 2Cents

Progression outline for the future of BDO

Exp:
    Obtain level 59+ nearly instantly then level at a rate of once per year
    Enchanting: Caphra's removed, 2 enchants (DUO, TRI) orange equipment (99% wont get TET/PEN)

This is the sad roadmap for BDO.
    • Removed already - Any real bonus for leveling past soft cap. Players "had" additional skill levels even up to 62 which gave a clear bonus. GONE
    • AFK leveling/progression - Sorry folks, the game is tilting more and more toward laziness and being a waste of time to even bother.
    The best progression system: Was deemed to not be directly profitable and is being moved away from. The Caphra system which by design has multiple layers of equipment progression may be obsolete as the months pass. The direction is clear. The Black Star is noted as "the beginning" of the new grade of equipment.

Instead of adding additional ways to progress (non cash shop) the direction is to move away from this. The worst part is Caphra's don't just offer a different path. They offer mini stages of progression, TONS of them. The RIGHT way to progress.

The issue with Caphra's was the low drop rate was insufficient. The mechanics where correct.
    • Caphra's add 20 level to each stage of progression
    • They are removed from the new equipment
    I see where the monetization fits into all of this, but where IS THE FUN?

Thranduil, Chojin, Mirajane and 2 others like this.
  2. Joungf

Fun? BDO is hard work and stress. Why playing a game? To have fun? Nooooo!

3. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

I
    I doubt the game will last more than a year. Certainly I will not be playing by then.

oR-Bishop and Breg like this.
  4. Khondo

That's what they said 2 years ago, then again last year, and will probalby say that next year.

Meanwhile the rest of us will continue to support and have fun in BDO.

Ghoast_, JM, defaultnick85 and 8 others like this.
  5. Allan1985

i dont remember the last time i had fun in this game, if anything it feels like a second job. :(

oR-Bishop, Reyer, Breg and 6 others like this.
  6. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

I hope for your sake you are right but somehow I think this game has jumped the shark, to coin an old expression.

Breg and MagicalTabletopGirls like this.
  7. Whineseeker

see you next year :D

8. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

Doubt it.

9. Joungf

Is posting in the forum == still playing the game?

10. Khondo

Then why do you continue to "work" at it?

11. Joungf

Why designing a game that more and more turns into work than fun?

Factorial likes this.
  12. Allan1985

because as much as it is boring and tedious most of the time, i cannot (and will not) deny it has good things too, great optimization, great graphical quality, complex combat system with an almost infinite learning curve, the only reasons this game didnt become the game of the century were: 1) extreme greed from its developers to an almost never seen before level 2) didnt bother to add fun in the several ways to make money in game 3) focused exclusively into making PVP the only source of fun while looking down on the PvE community. if this game would have balanced those 3 factors with the same level of effort they focused on milking their player base, i am certain it would have been the best game ever.

13. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

Most of us will still have fun with BDO, above all for those who are not playing in the elite and can bear with most of the flaws of the game.
    Still, we may fear the moment when they will exaggerate and ruin the game for everyone.

14. Factorial

In my opinion, BDO is the best MMO right now and probably for a long time when you ignore the pay to win bull ****. Focus on what makes the game fun to you.

I don't let the milking of players hamper my fun in BDO. Going to enjoy this ride despite the greed. I just hope pearl abyss doesn't ruin this amazing game they were able to create.

15. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

That's the idea. Who knows if, one day, devs will try another shitty move that'll ruin our personal source of fun?

16. Naho

I bet you in 2 years we will pretty much say the same thing: " the game will not last another year ", yet it will

17. Joungf

"Fake news!"

18. aswedishtiger

The harsh truth emerges

19. Saphirah

Saphirah Breeya Witch 66 NA

I would like to see an actual benefit in levelling past 62.

20. 2Cents

There is a fundamental problem here. You can't avoid or ignore the problem when it becomes the core game design. I could tolerate someone gaining Caphra's 20% faster with a Kama Blessing because the system itself is functional and can be achieved.

The Orange Tier weapons strip out all the progression and leveling in BDO past 60 is essentially meaningless. You also can't just become completely inferior and pretend everything is ok. If they switch to Orange grade equipment and make it superior it's mandatory.

In the same way you can't really just have all green equipment to try to avoid Artisans.

Factorial likes this.